Author Topic: MadHatter Was Busted Hard  (Read 6217 times)

iBaked

• TGL Elite
  • TGL Master
  • Rooster in my rari
Re: MadHatter Was Busted Hard
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2014, 11:55:35 PM »
When I joined this forum a year ago I warned that selling blends now carried the same legal risk as selling cannabis, and that vendors should keep a low profile, only accept bitcoin and use stealth shipping. My advice is looking pretty good now, huh?

I don't see anything wrong with cash in the mail
  Unfortunately most people don't have the patience for it tho

Cash in the mail requires the seller to give out an address.
that's why you pay with vanilla or moneypak cards.  This bitcoins crap is crazy I read an article that millions of bitcoins were lost fuck that

What axa is trying to say is that any form of payment including mp and reloads, can be traced to the receiver. BTC cannot, well without extensive info and research. Everything else is wayy to easily traced back.

And yeh some BTC got "lost" but only to ppl who had funds in mt gox. As axa said, ppl had plenty of time in advance to get their shat outta gox hands. The ONLY thing that would be worth considering though is the fluctuation in price, and not necesarilly if they are going to stay in your wallet. If you research them (no money required) you will see the potential value of them and how you can use them safely, I.e. not have them stolen, but yeh I totally see the concerns.  Like anything really with its good points and bad points.

Main point tho = anonymity for the receiver.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 12:06:10 AM by iBaked »

In GOD we trust, all others we monitor - 'Merika

AMeanOne

• TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2014, 02:17:35 AM »
 Ppl are just scared of new things. Without proper education they always will be

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2014, 05:41:06 PM »
When I joined this forum a year ago I warned that selling blends now carried the same legal risk as selling cannabis, and that vendors should keep a low profile, only accept bitcoin and use stealth shipping. My advice is looking pretty good now, huh?

I don't see anything wrong with cash in the mail
  Unfortunately most people don't have the patience for it tho

Cash in the mail requires the seller to give out an address.
that's why you pay with vanilla or moneypak cards.  This bitcoins crap is crazy I read an article that millions of bitcoins were lost fuck that

What axa is trying to say is that any form of payment including mp and reloads, can be traced to the receiver. BTC cannot, well without extensive info and research. Everything else is wayy to easily traced back.

And yeh some BTC got "lost" but only to ppl who had funds in mt gox. As axa said, ppl had plenty of time in advance to get their shat outta gox hands. The ONLY thing that would be worth considering though is the fluctuation in price, and not necesarilly if they are going to stay in your wallet. If you research them (no money required) you will see the potential value of them and how you can use them safely, I.e. not have them stolen, but yeh I totally see the concerns.  Like anything really with its good points and bad points.

Main point tho = anonymity for the receiver.

Dude no matter what Axa says, if you buy anything in any manner you are expecting for the seller to send it to You
That means somebody is gonna know your address. So Right there I gotta trust the seller with my most vulnerable info

Far as payment goes, the last time I lost money it was with GreenDot mp when the pos card flew outta my pocket while
I was riding my harley --Even so I didn't lose the money because some invisible, almost entirely non-existant number
was hijacked? from Mt Gox. At the very least if & when someone steals my money I wanna see it being taken.

The only way I would ever even get desperate enough to use any mostly non-existant future type currency is if I had
to in order to buy something illegal. I gotta think most folks feel similarly and a monetary system based upon illegal
transactions doesn't sound quite as solid as I like my valuable assets to feel

I hope anyone involved with Bitscam doesn't get too ripped off, you guys have had plenty of warning by now   :bus:

axa

• TGL Elite
  • TGL PhD
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2014, 11:50:00 PM »
Buyers do not normally get busted; sellers take the risk. Accepting bitcoin only helps sellers avoid prosecution, why the marketplaces on Tor are bitcoin based only.

Dashneo

• TGL Elite
  • TGL Master
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2014, 12:52:01 AM »
he had court on the 14th I thought....any one hear anything???

a quick google search didn't turn up anything new. I'm guessing the judge needed some time to decide his fate or something...

AMeanOne

• TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2014, 01:13:26 AM »
This will drag on for a long time. Ive sat in jail waiting for court dates/had court dates continued for 4+ months two different times. Its a nice tactic prosecutors use, make you sick of jail/ready to just get on with your prison sentence. This wont be settled for a month or two

DJ-D-Phunk

• TGL Elite
  • TGL PhD
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2014, 10:16:08 AM »
Month or two????   

if the feds picked this up it could be years...

My case took two and a half years, my co defendants was 5 and a quarter before he was sentenced, they prolong the shit out if it

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2014, 12:44:51 PM »
His first visit is the joke visit, in AZ they call it arraignment. The judge takes a look at the charges & decides if the state has enough to hold
the poor bastard and how much bail will be assigned. I asked my pi to get me some info and whenever that happens I'll share it w/ you guys

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2014, 07:40:36 PM »
My pi says that Hatter was picked up by the local police at a request from the feds, he has already bonded out of jail so apparently he managed to squirrel away
some $$ somewhere. According to my info he doesn't have a DL or own any vehicles, so that is a good indication that his assets are in someone else's name
which is good news when the feds are after your ass. I have several phone #'s for him but I suppose it would be in poor taste to hand them out...

Dashneo

• TGL Elite
  • TGL Master
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2014, 12:45:58 AM »
My pi says that Hatter was picked up by the local police at a request from the feds, he has already bonded out of jail so apparently he managed to squirrel away
some $$ somewhere. According to my info he doesn't have a DL or own any vehicles, so that is a good indication that his assets are in someone else's name
which is good news when the feds are after your ass. I have several phone #'s for him but I suppose it would be in poor taste to hand them out...

His facebook page has pictures of a lot of different sports cars. Idk if he owned them or not though

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2014, 01:23:39 AM »

His facebook page has pictures of a lot of different sports cars. Idk if he owned them or not though

I used to have a friend who was a staunch Constitutionalist, he believed that the 16th amendment had never been legally
voted into power (ratified) since nobody in congress at that time had the balls to vote Yes on a national income tax, for fear they would
never again be re-elected (& he was probably correct He also said that the Federal Register showed the 16th had not been ratified). As a result he
did his very best to Never pay the irs thugs. One day of course, they caught up with him & stripped him of most of his holdings,
after that whatever he owned was placed in the name of his family's trust fund. After that the irs took a hint & fucked off, as they
were unable to prove that what his family owned was actually his property. I recall him showing me a copy of a letter the irs had sent
to him, demanding that he file & pay his taxes. The letter was signed by a K.T. Madsen and he had waited on hold 4 hours one afternoon
before he said someone picked up the phone & explained that K. T. Madson was just a machine that stamped the bottom of the letter
and could not actually come to the telephone. I really thought the guy was the coolest, he was a european auto mechanic and he refused
to get a driver license or any insurance. The police would pick him up from time to time but he always managed to talk enough constitutional
BS to scare them off. If that didn't work it was widely known around town that the dude had deep pockets and had no problems hiring the
best lawyer around to sue the ass off any cop who dared to mess with him. Dude checked out about 53 y/o, poor bastard.

Anyway I guess I'm just saying Hatter bears a bit of a resemblense to my old friend, being that we all have heard of his splendiforous collection
and yet here he doesn't even have a driver's license... Seems to me ol' hatter was smart enough to cover as many bases as possible and I
sincerely hope that was Every One, cause I would hate to think the gov't bastards were able to take anything much away from him.
  Go Hatter!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 01:32:44 AM by jones »

Seatbelts

• TGL Supporter
  • TGL Shaman
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2014, 10:12:31 AM »
Shame. If he was a millionaire why was it such a huge deal to buy PADDED BAGS. Cheap bastard
"Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without police protection is both".

spinalcountdown

• TGL Elite
  • TGL PhD
  • That's what she said
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2014, 10:31:02 AM »
Shame. If he was a millionaire why was it such a huge deal to buy PADDED BAGS. Cheap bastard

I think this is the best summary of Hatter that I've ever read.

D3Dman

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • May your pipe always be full.
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2014, 10:46:55 AM »

:lol: :asshat:
"You can't buy happiness... but you can buy weed, which is pretty close."

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2014, 11:29:05 PM »

In my line of work I meet many rich people, I have noticed that most of them are cheapass bastards
which they claim is how they managed to save up all that $$$. Thing is Hatter likely viewed putting
anymore money into his packaging as simply throwing $$ in the trash. Sad fact is his lousy packing
skills had nothing to do with him actually getting busted, so in the end it kinda looks like he was right...

I can't even say that he coulda sold more stuff if he had packaged it better anyhow, people's other
main complaint was that his recipes sucked.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal