Author Topic: Elephant Whisperer Lawrence Anthony  (Read 358 times)

Ozone

• TGL Elite
  • TGL Master
Elephant Whisperer Lawrence Anthony
« on: June 30, 2014, 07:50:29 PM »
This guy is remarkable. He risked his own well being and did everything he could to help these animals, despite having NO training on wtf to do.  He did things like sing to the elephants to acclimate them to humans.  Just in these actions, his compassion is really inspiring.

Then Lawrence went and died.  Things got more awesome and inspiring.

From http://delightmakers.com/news/wild-elephants-gather-inexplicably-mourn-death-of-elephant-whisperer/

"So, how after Anthony’s death, did the reserve’s elephants — grazing miles away in distant parts of the park — know?
“A good man died suddenly,” says Rabbi Leila Gal Berner, Ph.D., “and from miles and miles away, two herds of elephants, sensing that they had lost a beloved human friend, moved in a solemn, almost ‘funereal’ procession to make a call on the bereaved family at the deceased man’s home.”

“If there ever were a time, when we can truly sense the wondrous ‘interconnectedness of all beings,’ it is when we reflect on the elephants of Thula Thula. A man’s heart’s stops, and hundreds of elephants’ hearts are grieving. This man’s oh-so-abundantly loving heart offered healing to these elephants, and now, they came to pay loving homage to their friend.”
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 11:23:55 AM by Ozone »
"Although you come with saws and axes, in the end I shall grow over your graves."

Simonsays

• TGL Elite
  • TGL Master
  • still your passenger
Re: Elephant Whisperer Lawrence Anthony
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 12:46:54 PM »
Thanks for sharing that awesome story! :goodpost
I've been crawling on my belly
 Clearing out what could've been.
 I've been wallowing in my own chaotic
 And insecure delusions.

I wanna feel the change consume me,
 Feel the outside turning in.
 I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
 Cleansing I've endured within
                    46x2- Tool

Sparrow

• TGL Elite
  • TGL PhD
Re: Elephant Whisperer Lawrence Anthony
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 06:42:40 PM »

That is beautiful, Ozone;
      That is the kind of World I've been waiting to Live in; and now, It seems to be Manifesting.
     Finally!     :rock: :beers: :Smokey:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal