Author Topic: HOUSTON DEA HERBAL INCENSE BUST  (Read 1199 times)

Subgenius

• TGL Veterans
  • TGL Master
HOUSTON DEA HERBAL INCENSE BUST
« on: May 24, 2013, 02:04:22 PM »
 Herbal Incense Raid by DEA at Houston Warehouse

News

by NSN_News   
The DEA's herbal incense raid turned up bulk chemicals and herbs, which were mixed in cement mixers.

The DEA’s herbal incense raid turned up bulk chemicals and herbs, which were mixed in cement mixers.

Another major herbal incense raid has occurred, this time in Houston, Texas. The DEA swooped into a warehouse on Bellflower street in Houston on Thursday, May 23rd, 2013 during the morning. As the crackdown on synthetic incense picks up momentum, both at the state and federal levels, the production and sale of herbal incense is becoming incredibly risky.

Although the name of the person who owned or was renting the warehouse hasn’t been released, and the DEA has not confirmed if anyone is arrested, there were several brands possibly involved in this herbal incense raid. According to coverage by KHOU, a local news outlet,

Agents stormed a southwest Houston warehouse where about $700,000 in synthetic marijuana was found along with the equipment to manufacture it, the Drug Enforcement Administration said Thursday…The DEA said the bust was part of an on-going investigation, and there was no early word on if any arrests were made.

Although they wouldn’t confirm who, if anyone, was in trouble, the DEA was quick to brag about the asset seizures as part of the raid. “Agents said about 70,000 packets of fake pot were removed from the property. There were several different brands being marketed on the packaging, the DEA said.”

Those packages appear to have been labeled for the brands Mega Buzz, Serenity Now, Head Trip, and Klimax. Anyone who had recently ordered any of those brands online may well find their order significantly delayed, unless it was purchased through a third party retail site.

ExileInOblivion

Re: HOUSTON DEA HERBAL INCENSE BUST
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 05:21:53 PM »
I've only heard of Head Trip before, are the other's big names too? This scene is getting way too fucked lately.

mist

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 05:23:18 PM »
Houston has been a hot spot for incense for years.  Lots of warehouses get raided and shut down out there.

Not a good sign..

tonedef

• TGL PhD
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 05:25:14 PM »
Those names were big in head shops down here.... I think its a counterfeit operation...

3V1L9371U5

• TGL OverLord
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 05:59:41 PM »
Serenity Now used to be friggin' awesome.  This was back in the day though, when things were all "Juliet Whiskey Hotel", and thereby cool.  :smokin:

Either way, it's a sad loss, and a misdirection of both law enforcement efforts, and the money they stole from all of us to pursue it.

Untelling how many people bought pressure cookers without background checks during the man-hours wasted on this "operation". ::)

GrindCandy

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 09:23:22 PM »

Untelling how many people bought pressure cookers without background checks during the man-hours wasted on this "operation". ::)

srsy?

3V1L9371U5

• TGL OverLord
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 09:36:07 PM »
A poor comparison, given, but if LE put as much ass behind pursuing *actual* crime as they do chasing down harmless stoners and stealing people's shit, this country might just be a little better off. :cigar

Galaxy Admin

• Administrator
  • TGL Ethnobotanist
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2013, 09:36:33 PM »
one less counterfeiter.
It feels good to be running from the devil
Another breath and I'm up another level
It feels good to be up above the clouds
It feels good for the first time in a long time now

• TGL Artisan
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Legalize POT !
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 09:41:58 PM »
Serenity Now used to be friggin' awesome.  This was back in the day though, when things were all "Juliet Whiskey Hotel", and thereby cool.  :smokin:

Either way, it's a sad loss, and a misdirection of both law enforcement efforts, and the money they stole from all of us to pursue it.

AMeanOne

• TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2013, 02:22:34 AM »
Man even back in the JWH days counterfeits were everywhere. I had some serenity now that tasted like straight perfume. ohmyfuckinggod that was bad. Just like grandmas perfume

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2013, 12:51:12 PM »
Yeah, Dallas used to sell some blend that was pretty stinky, perfume-wise.  I hope I learned my lesson about buying
perishables in quantity.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal