Author Topic: What was Dime doing in '84? Shredding like a mofo apparently  (Read 348 times)

deckard cain

To watch the video is kinda funny because of the timeline, you get some of the classic 80's foolishness ( or awesomeness if you are as old as me ) but he kills the riffs. I hear a lot of influence from Rush, Def Leppard, some VH and even Laaz Rockit?, but you can totally hear his patented Dime screetches and wails starting to work into his repertoire.
Enjoy!
Not a valid youtube URL

deckard cain

Re: What was Dime doing in '84? Shredding like a mofo apparently
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 01:59:31 PM »
Lol True.
I actually downloaded and listened to stuff from that era, and god damn, it was shitty! roflol.
Totally love Pantera, especially Dime, but that glam rock era was soooo bad. Can't blame them, they evolved into one of the greats IMO, but that shit sucked when they were on the glam kick.
LOL for example, I actually remembered this song title so I looked it up real quick XD  Ahahahhahahahahah

{edit to fix wrong youtube post}

deckard cain

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 02:05:26 PM »
And then after totally mocking them and making fun of it I did find my foot tapping to the music  >.> 
One more quickie and I will calm the hell down XD

Recognize that riff from Third Arm? Cool how music evolves and shifts from one idea to something totally different

dimebag420

• TGL Veterans
  • TGL PhD
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 05:44:25 PM »
 :lol: yeah that, Piss is an awesome track. Im forever grateful they left glam and went metal though lol.  Guitar Magazine used to have a bunch of recorded guitar lessons with Dime, pretty cool shit if you play. :rock:
"Fool me one time, shame on you. Fool me two times, cant put tha blame on you. Fool me three times, fuck tha peace signs, load the choppa and let it rain on you"

deckard cain

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 05:46:36 PM »
I play but not like that.  Crunchy rhythms but no dexterity for the shredding

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal