Author Topic: Pennsylvania passes medical marijuana  (Read 276 times)

mattynugs

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
Pennsylvania passes medical marijuana
« on: April 13, 2016, 06:17:24 PM »
MEDICAL MARIJUANA BILL PASSES PA. HOUSE, WILL BE SENT TO GOV. WOLF
VIDEO: Med marijuana passes house

HARRISBURG, Pa. -- Medical marijuana legislation is being sent to Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf, after several years of urging by parents of children suffering from debilitating seizures.

The Pennsylvania House passed the bill Wednesday, 149-46, approving legislation that had bounced between the House and Senate starting last May.

Wolf supports the bill and is poised to make Pennsylvania the 24th state to legalize a comprehensive medical marijuana program.

It wouldn't take effect for a month and the legislation's drafters expect it'll take two years to write regulations and get retailers opened.

But, in the meantime, a safe harbor provision allows parents to provide medical marijuana to their child if they buy it legally from another state.

Christine Brann says every day without a medical marijuana law in Pennsylvania is a risk for people who believe their suffering child may not survive another seizure. Brann's 5-year-old son is diagnosed with a severe form of epilepsy known as Dravet syndrome.

Gov. Wolf released the following statement on Wednesday:

"Today the House passed SB3, sending the medical marijuana legalization bill to my desk. I am proud and excited to sign this bill that will provide long overdue medical relief to patients and families who could benefit from this treatment. I applaud members of both parties in the House and Senate who have come together to help patients who have run out of medical options and want to thank the thousands of advocates who have fought tirelessly for this cause. I have met with patients and families, held roundtables, and urged action on this legislation since taking office, and it is encouraging that the hard work of these families has resulted in historic legislation."
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 06:24:08 PM by mattynugs »

Galaxy Admin

• Administrator
  • TGL Ethnobotanist
Re: Pennsylvania masses medical marijuana
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 06:19:55 PM »
good start for such a backwards state.  maybe other conservative states will step up now. FDW  :weedspin   :goodpost
It feels good to be running from the devil
Another breath and I'm up another level
It feels good to be up above the clouds
It feels good for the first time in a long time now

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
Re: Pennsylvania passes medical marijuana
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 07:34:11 PM »
Nice to hear some good news

Rdracr

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL PhD
  • You never slow down, you never grow old!!!!!
Re: Pennsylvania masses medical marijuana
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 05:01:25 AM »
good start for such a backwards state.  maybe other conservative states will step up now. FDW  :weedspin   :goodpost

:rock:     :goodpost 

:weed-sign:
"Pretty Girls & Whiskey
Quarter Bags & Dimes,
Put It In My Face I'm Gonna Do It Everytime".......

"I'm sick and tired of bein' sick and tired
I used to go to bed so high and wired".

avoca

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Compassion, fuckwads!
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 06:07:43 AM »
CBD is allowed in Arkansas with certain caveats. They sell it over the counter here and proprietors tell me "we're only allowed to say so much about it" etc, which tells me they're selling in full knowledge and blessing of law (for lack of better words).

Many ppl I meet still talk about crossing state lines to get cbd. It's so under the radar, I can imagine parents not realizing it's available. ..

Mad world
When ppl run in circles it's a very very
Mad world
And if you see your mom this weekend, tell her I said
Satan Satan Satan Satan

dimebag420

• TGL Veterans
  • TGL PhD
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 12:38:48 AM »
Awesome news! I hope their good sense trickles down south to VA and NC soon. :weedspin
"Fool me one time, shame on you. Fool me two times, cant put tha blame on you. Fool me three times, fuck tha peace signs, load the choppa and let it rain on you"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal