Author Topic: PF TEKIN  (Read 1412 times)

tonedef

• TGL PhD
PF TEKIN
« on: May 22, 2013, 12:26:46 PM »
Who here on spice is tekin and what strain???

GrindCandy

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL XxElitexX
Re: PF TEKIN
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 12:37:41 PM »
Thought about it but i got enough to think about lol

tonedef

• TGL PhD
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 01:11:45 PM »
Profit margins are great if u can find the clientele... Its actually ALOT easier than most presume...

GrindCandy

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 01:48:44 PM »
It does seem really easy once you get past colonize some jars. Even that process isnt that bad. I watched the videos and researched alot before and startup is not as much as other hobbies either. I will run a flush or two someday just not now.

dub

• TGL Master
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 02:53:12 PM »
I used to long ago (15 years+), but cannot have that in my house in my current situation.

Did the PF Tek method, on powdered brown rice and vermiculite in mason jars. Ordered it from the back of High Times LOL

I have grown Columbian, B+ and a live cultured strain that I found on a farm in Clearwater, FL

Now I just look for cyans in the winter when they come up, and pretty much eat them / share them before the season is over.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 09:41:20 PM by dub »
"Your as mighty as the flower that grows the stones away"

Syd

• TGL Supporter
  • TGL Shaman
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 10:27:21 PM »
Many many years ago, used The Hawks Eye Cambodia and Australian Cubensis strains, dont have the time or space for that anymore. One of the best tricks is the dunk and roll method, easy to do and it works:  http://www.shroomery.org/10253/PF-TEK-Update-Dunk-and-Roll

Casing works better but it's risky for contamination and getting the moisture balance right, took a few tries for me: http://www.shroomery.org/11334/Casing-Procedures

The real trick is learning to make your own spore prints/syringes, so you never have to order spores again.

tonedef

• TGL PhD
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 10:30:33 PM »
Yes sir, yes sir...

With all this pressure cooker bomb BS am I going to have to sign a piece of paper that says I bought a pressure cooker, LMMFAO??

Sparrow

• TGL Elite
  • TGL PhD
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 10:36:49 PM »
Used to and was GOOD at it. (grew one 31/2g. shroom; mostly BLUE, some girl ate the whole thing; her 1rst time!) Bought the kit again last year; then found Spice. PF Tek still in fridge. I'm so stoned embarassed.  :smokepack :hookah: I SHOULD  do it. I LOVE that stuff. (thanks for reminding me!)  :cokesniff

tonedef

• TGL PhD
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2013, 03:07:31 AM »
Pf Tek is not a kit.. I

ts full on cultivation from scratch... Your post is confusing...

Syd

• TGL Supporter
  • TGL Shaman
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2013, 03:57:21 AM »
Yes sir, yes sir...

With all this pressure cooker bomb BS am I going to have to sign a piece of paper that says I bought a pressure cooker, LMMFAO??

LOL You really don't need a pressure cooker for the PF Tek, just a big pot with a good heavy lid will do. Put an old dishtowel on the bottom of the pot, that will help prevent the glass jars from cracking from direct heat.

tonedef

• TGL PhD
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2013, 11:25:41 AM »
Pressure cooker makes everything A LOT easier... Everything has to be sterilized to prevent contamination and this is a great tool, what you are talking about sounds like a long fight against contaminants, a difficult situation. Tools are here to make jobs easier and the pressure cooker is a vital tool.

dub

• TGL Master
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2013, 02:24:57 PM »
I agree, a Pressure Cooker will make your life a lot easier.

You can find them at Wal Mart or Target for like $60
"Your as mighty as the flower that grows the stones away"

R

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2013, 04:09:16 PM »
My original kit came from High times, in (oh well) 1978...

A pressure cooker and some sterile handling techniques are absolutely essential.  Also, to save spore prints sterilize the paper in a jar (either oven or pressure cooker) then after you make the print slide it in a sterilized vacuum pouch, remove the air and jam it in the freezer--it will keep for at least a year.  Some of my spore prints came to me, via snail mail, in regular correspondence envelopes of all things.

New jars are easy to make from mycellia cuttings or spore prints, but I re-emphasize, sterile media is essential and the ony way you can get that is pressure cooker/autoclave temperatures.  If you dont use elevated temps all you will likely get is mold and/or bacteria.  A pressure cooker bomb is a pretty stupid idea--there are a lot of better ways to be an idiot--so no worries about getting a cooker.  Be very wary of used pressure cookers: these can be way dangerous if they are not modern and all of the safety devices and seals are in good order.  I like the "All American" aluminum pressure cookers--they are more money but there are no seals to worry about and they are built like a tank.  Fagor, Kuhn, magefesa and others are supposed to be good.  Personally, I like the jiggler (weighted regulator) for pressure canning or sterilizing, and I like the Indian/Asian type (whistler) for cooking.  I don't know of a single Indian household that doesnt have a pressure cooker!

Pressure cookers are very useful energy and time saving kitchen devices and the only safe way to preserve low-acid foods--I use them all the time in the kitchen.

Galaxy Admin

• Administrator
  • TGL Ethnobotanist
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2013, 07:08:10 PM »
It feels good to be running from the devil
Another breath and I'm up another level
It feels good to be up above the clouds
It feels good for the first time in a long time now

Syd

• TGL Supporter
  • TGL Shaman
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2013, 07:57:43 PM »
I agree, a Pressure Cooker will make your life a lot easier.

You can find them at Wal Mart or Target for like $60

Yeah, it will. Back then I was a poor bum and had to make due with what I had. I've never had major problems with contamination using just steam for years, maybe I was just lucky. Or maybe my kitchen was cleaner than most. hehe  :Smokey:
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 08:16:02 PM by AciD »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal