Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica was almost a continuation of the classic series...  (Read 466 times)

Akitsu

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
Now, I've known about this since 1999... at SDCC where the trailer debuted as an alternative to the SyFy version.  Richard Hatch pretty much got invited to every con to show this damn thing, and it's next to impossible to find a decent copy.

I know the older board members will enjoy seeing the old cast dusting off their uniforms for this.  They did it with their own money, the work of fans who knew visual effects, and made everything including some rather sweet reptillian Cylons, once thought to be extinct.  (According to the original lore, Cylons are ALIEN robots... who turned on their creators in a hatred of all things organic)  This video does it no justice, but at least it exists.

deckard cain

After nostalgia wanes I actually enjoyed the new Battlestar. They kept me guessing for a good minute and no other show (except CHAPELLE bitch!) Came close to complimenting a spice session.
Watched the while damn series twice!

Thanks for the post - pretty cool to see

Akitsu

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
I kind of lost respect for them when I found out they didnt decide wh were cylons until the reveal.  Kind of a slap in the face to know that.  Caprica was cool tho.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal