Author Topic: Carl Sagans Cosmos Video Series  (Read 1693 times)

bradnowell

• TGL Elite
  • TGL PhD
  • What a long, strange trip it's been
Carl Sagans Cosmos Video Series
« on: February 16, 2013, 01:31:30 PM »
Have any of you seen these videos?  Absolutely inspiring, this man is a genius.  They're based on his book by the same name.  This is one of my favorite segments:

The entire series is available on youtube if you look for it.  Highly recommended.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 01:33:15 PM by bradnowell »

Subgenius

• TGL Veterans
  • TGL Master
Re: Carl Sagans Cosmos Video Series
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 02:17:49 AM »
Carl Sagan was also a well known Cannabis Connoisseur! But everyone probably knows that!!!!

BurnMan

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 11:24:04 PM »
Excellent post

Sparrow

• TGL Elite
  • TGL PhD
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 04:02:42 PM »
Well, idk; I watched the video and to ME he spoke a lot of words to try to explain (some what poorly, imo), other dimensions with a 3-D model, when ancient philosophers (vedic; firstly) explained the many "worlds" and how to access them w/ mantras, meditations, some use invocations; and good ol' drugs, I believe, aid us in inter-dimensional travel; like astral projection. But don't take me wrong; I mean no disrespect to Carl Sagan; just here he sounds like he fell short. I think if you've tripped hard, you've traveled into another D, Like with DMT. (imfuao)
Thanks, though, it made me think!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 04:04:50 PM by Azazel »

bradnowell

• TGL Elite
  • TGL PhD
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 04:55:59 PM »
Well, idk; I watched the video and to ME he spoke a lot of words to try to explain (some what poorly, imo), other dimensions with a 3-D model, when ancient philosophers (vedic; firstly) explained the many "worlds" and how to access them w/ mantras, meditations, some use invocations; and good ol' drugs, I believe, aid us in inter-dimensional travel; like astral projection. But don't take me wrong; I mean no disrespect to Carl Sagan; just here he sounds like he fell short. I think if you've tripped hard, you've traveled into another D, Like with DMT. (imfuao)
Thanks, though, it made me think!

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say.  I think the difference between what Sagan is saying and showing and what ancient philosophers and the Vedas represent is that Sagan is thinking about a PHYSICAL dimension, which is where the 3D model used as an example comes into play.  I think ancient philosophers and such thought of other dimensions as a mental state.  Hence the use of meditation and your reference to using drugs to access these others dimensions.

Sparrow

• TGL Elite
  • TGL PhD
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 07:51:06 PM »
Just that, that the OTHER dimensions can only be understood on mental levels, that 3D only applies to this 3D reality, and only thru psychic exercises, etc., or natural ability, (like timebomb said), can we get glimpses into the other dimensions. I guess it's a bit weird to approach Sagans' physics with vedic philosophy as they ARE opposing schools of thought.

bradnowell

• TGL Elite
  • TGL PhD
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 08:17:35 PM »
I still think what he's saying corresponds to your thoughts.  In his demonstration, he's basically just showing how a 4th dimension could be possible.  It's still the same as what you said in that you can't reach the other dimension through any sort of normal means, in the example - the apple bumping the paper into the 4th dimension is comparable to someone on earth using psychic exercises or mediation to "bump" themselves into the next dimension.

Winning

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 09:19:27 PM »
Great series for the time, however, most of the information is outdated, proven false, or proven correct. For a more up to date version of at least some of the subjects he explains, watch Stephen Hawking's into the universe.

CrackersMcgee

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2013, 02:49:51 AM »
Yes, science!  Good call, boys! I enjoy it. It seems to take the superstitions and the god talk and pulverize it into a billion shards of petrified elephant dung, in a complete and graceful way. Yes, give me a good science or two any day of the week.

House

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL PhD
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2013, 03:40:41 AM »
Sagan is my herooo

"Yeah, I've seen some weird shit"

MandalaSmoker

• TGL Elite
  • TGL Shaman
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 09:19:06 PM »
I like me some dmt.Need to run an extraction again.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal