Author Topic: Obummer Imprisons 80% More Medical Marijuana Growers Than Bush  (Read 516 times)

Swishahouse6

http://politix.topix.com/homepage/6883-obama-imprisons-80-more-medical-marijuana-growers-than-bush

Obummer Imprisons 80% More Medical Marijuana Growers Than Bush
Medical marijuana users sent to prison under federal law, while complying with state law

Every month, medical marijuana growers are sent to federal prison despite having complied with state marijuana laws. And although in 2008 Obama promised to stop raids on medical marijuana growers, his Department of Justice has stepped them up.

"Obama is averaging 36 medical marijuana prosecutions a year, compared to 20 a year" under Bush, according to Reason.com, who base those numbers on a report published by pro-marijuana group NORML in June. "153 medical marijuana cases have been brought in the 4 ¼ years of the Obama administration, nearly as many as under the 8 years of the Bush administration (163)," according to NORML's report.

Some of those sentenced suffered from serious medical conditions for which they were themselves using the drug. Montanan grower Richard Flor died in August 2012 while serving a 5-year prison sentence in federal prison, after suffering two heart attacks and renal and kidney failure, according to Montana's Billings Gazette. Flor was using medical marijuana to treat conditions including depression, diabetes, and osteoporosis. He was a co-founder of Montana Cannabis, which provided marijuana for about 300 people with medical prescriptions for the drug. His attorneys argued that he had complied with all state laws.

Another grower sentenced to 10 years, Jerry Duval, was eventually allowed to serve his sentence in a prison that can treat his medical conditions, which include glaucoma and a kidney and pancreas transplant he required after suffering juvenile diabetes. "The DOJ originally sentenced Duval to standard federal prison despite a judge's recommendation that his medical condition be taken into account," according to the Huffington Post. Duval followed the marijuana laws in his home state of Michigan, according to court documents. He was sentenced along with 5 other Michigan growers.

AMeanOne

• TGL XxElitexX
Re: Obummer Imprisons 80% More Medical Marijuana Growers Than Bush
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 08:57:48 PM »
I really cannot understand how anyone can still stand behind obama. Hope....Change........ Wtf has changed. Things have gotten worse, so i suppose that is a change....

R

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 09:52:51 PM »
Obummer sucks.

Galaxy Admin

• Administrator
  • TGL Ethnobotanist
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 10:16:23 PM »
It feels good to be running from the devil
Another breath and I'm up another level
It feels good to be up above the clouds
It feels good for the first time in a long time now

the hellion

• TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 11:46:51 PM »
C.H.A.N.G.E=Come Help a Nigga Get Elected... LMMFAO
Abduction means the end for me, a million years of misery...

R

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 12:45:13 AM »
Who cares about what his skin color is--it is completely irrelevant.  Bush sucked.  Obummer sucks.  It is hard to understand how we can have such fundamentally bad people in charge, representing our country to the world, for so long. 

the hellion

• TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 12:51:21 AM »
I'm not worried about skin color either... Change was just something he was preaching, but most people didn't read between the lines is all I was saying... All politicians suck and are liars, I agree. I was just told that by someone I used to workwith...

R

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 12:53:19 AM »
Rand Paul anyone?

Subgenius

• TGL Veterans
  • TGL Master
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2013, 02:06:18 AM »

Don't worry! When the Mother ships touch down  Lord Krill  will be giving out "SPACE WEED" for everyone to toke on!!!!!! :stoned :stoned :stoned

the hellion

• TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2013, 02:06:40 AM »
Ok maybe one or two is worth a shit... Not many tho... lol

AMeanOne

• TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2013, 03:35:28 AM »
I was really for Rand Paul until i heard this, it was after the gay marriage vote or whatever. I mean i just cant believe he would say something so stupid.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 09:31:27 AM by AMeanOne »

R

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2013, 11:57:16 AM »
I was really for Rand Paul until i heard this, it was after the gay marriage vote or whatever. I mean i just cant believe he would say something so stupid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCslaXNjsKs
It is perfectly logical.  Rand Paul thinks the government should stay out of deciding what is "right" by changing the law.

R

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2013, 12:06:50 PM »
Honestly, if someone can afford 3 wives or three husbands, who is to say that is illegal?  If gay couples want the rights, priveleges and woes of marriage, what really is the big deal? It is not harming anyone.  Marrying children or animals is harmful, I understand that still needs to be regulated.  Marrying one's self is also illogical--there is no point. 

Change the law to read marriages must be between consenting human adults, and clarify the laws on divorce.  Problem solved.

As far as religious issues with marriage, I see religion as a hobby since it is 100% a human construct anyway.  Religion should have no place in laws or government, especially in a so-called free society.  Religion or gods should not be mentioned in any goverment or civic document or ceremony.  Everyone suffers when freedoms are trampled on or rights are taken away; freedom of religion also means freedom from religion.

A lesson from the Turks:  if you want to be tolerated, be tolerant. 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 01:17:07 PM by Ngls »

the hellion

• TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2013, 12:47:21 PM »
Honestly, if someone can afford 3 wives or three husbands, who is to say that is illegal?  If gay couples want the rights, priveleges and woes of marriage, what really is the big deal? It is not harming anyone.  Marrying children or animals is harmful, I understand that still needs to be regulated.  Marrying one's self is also illogical--there is no point. 

Change the law to read marriages must be between consenting human adults, and clarify the laws on divorce.  Problem solved.

As far as religious issues with marriage, I see religion as a hobby since it is 100% a human construct anyway.  Religion should have no place in laws or government, especially in a so-called free society.  I should not be mentioned in any goverment or civic document or ceremony.  Everyone suffers when freedoms are trampled on or rights are taken away; freedom of religion also means freedom from religion.

A lesson from the Turks:  if you want to be tolerated, be tolerant.

That is the NGLS gospel!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal