Author Topic: All you can eat ribs - Golden Coral  (Read 1037 times)

iBaked

• TGL Elite
  • TGL Master
  • Rooster in my rari
All you can eat ribs - Golden Coral
« on: July 08, 2013, 11:17:53 PM »
Floridians take note..
Well, everyone else should too I suppose...

Getcha Sum!

In GOD we trust, all others we monitor - 'Merika

Swishahouse6

Re: All you can eat ribs - Golden Coral
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 11:24:31 PM »

orthene

• Administrator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 11:27:06 PM »
Oh emm gee hurlspew!
Sail and grow
Deep inside
The brave align
Green we stay

-Boss Keloid Lung Valley

walterwhite

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 11:51:02 PM »
Disgusting.

Gordon Ramsey would have a field day

Spark101

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 11:53:24 PM »
I will not go near coral.  :o

R

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 12:22:38 AM »
I've worked in food prep.  I am aware.

iBaked

• TGL Elite
  • TGL Master
  • Rooster in my rari
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 12:27:57 AM »
I've worked in food prep.  I am aware.
Videos or it didn't happen.

Whistleblower Protection Act has your back, bro.

In GOD we trust, all others we monitor - 'Merika

R

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 12:36:47 AM »
it was a long time ago.  Hand held video cams were a novelty at the time.   I will say the cleanest place I worked, albeit briefly, was Wendys.  The dirtiest place was a vegan restaurant. 

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2013, 01:36:50 AM »
We have lotsa Golden Corrals around these parts,
    I too have worked in food service, spent about 12 years as a cook. Back then you could
still find white folks working in the resturaunt kitchens. You can get just as sick
in a five star resort as at Golden Corral, but it's way more fun at the 5 star.  :flippy:
I know I just don't eat in buffet style resturaunts anymore & I stopped, once I had been hired
to work a buffet. The food was obviously low quality, the damn chef of the resturaunt was
driving a brand new Yugo so that
much was pretty clear... :lol:

The cleanest place I ever worked was a small family owned mexican resturaunt, the owner showed me how to keep
it that way. First get a large bucket of boiling hot water & dump it out on the floor, now pick up all that water with a
mop & that is it, no more food particles & no more bugs. Of course, if you started with bugs around I suppose it might
become a bit more of a hassle to get rid of them.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 01:48:22 AM by jones »

AMeanOne

• TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2013, 09:29:29 AM »
Well all i can say is i usually quit eating at places when i start cooking there because omfg, that shit is nasty in the back. Not all kitchens obviously, but a majority of kitchens are disgusting, and you would never eat there if you saw half the things we've seen. And as for buffets, im equally as wary of all those germy hands and people coughing all over to ever want to eat at a buffet again.

R

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2013, 11:51:26 AM »
Whistleblower law or not, what are the chances that guy would still be able to work there.  OK, he probably doesnt want to work there, but for the most part he can kiss a cooking or food service career goodbye.  That's really the trouble with making people aware of problems like this. 

I suppose the long term conscientious thing to do would be to work one's way to manager and change the system, but that is probably wistful idealism--the lead by example thing almost never works. 

orthene

• Administrator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2013, 01:49:56 PM »
I used to write sanitation reports for restaurants and multiple other hospitality venues. With many of the larger chains, managerial policy works against sanitation. Managers receive bonuses for having no overtime per month, and they are more concerned with getting crew out the door before they can accumulate hours. Managers will rush closing crew out with the assumption that the morning crew will pick up slack. However, morning crew is all prep, and they are more concerned with being able to service the first patrons and/or morning rush (depending on hours of operation). Chinese restaurants are notorious for being infested with insects, but I have also had clients (mostly small family operations) that were Chinese restaurants, whose operations were pristine and very concerned with sanitation. The language barrier is a large obstacle as many owner/managers spoke very little English and only the frontline staff was fluent. Many managers could not read sanitation reports, and prep crews were subsequently not charged with this responsibility. Check out the restroom facilities in your local restaurants; if there is no attention to detail in these common areas do not expect the kitchen to be in much better shape.
Sail and grow
Deep inside
The brave align
Green we stay

-Boss Keloid Lung Valley

the hellion

• TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2013, 03:19:35 PM »
I've never gotten food poisoning from, well, anything. Either they're clean as hell in Ohio, or I have some sort of special immunity. ..
Abduction means the end for me, a million years of misery...

R

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2013, 03:29:21 PM »
Check out the restroom facilities in your local restaurants; if there is no attention to detail in these common areas do not expect the kitchen to be in much better shape.

Excellent idea!  Thank you for the tip!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 03:31:38 PM by Ngls »

GrindCandy

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2013, 04:48:50 PM »
Working at restaurants suck!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal