Author Topic: WHY I CHANGED MY MIND ABOUT WEED -Dr. Sanjay Gupta  (Read 496 times)

Subgenius

• TGL Veterans
  • TGL Master
WHY I CHANGED MY MIND ABOUT WEED -Dr. Sanjay Gupta
« on: August 08, 2013, 10:02:31 PM »

Over the last year, I have been working on a new documentary called "Weed." The title "Weed" may sound cavalier, but the content is not.

I traveled around the world to interview medical leaders, experts, growers and patients. I spoke candidly to them, asking tough questions. What I found was stunning.

Long before I began this project, I had steadily reviewed the scientific literature on medical marijuana from the United States and thought it was fairly unimpressive. Reading these papers five years ago, it was hard to make a case for medicinal marijuana. I even wrote about this in a TIME magazine article, back in 2009, titled "Why I would Vote No on Pot."

Well, I am here to apologize.

I apologize because I didn't look hard enough, until now. I didn't look far enough. I didn't review papers from smaller labs in other countries doing some remarkable research, and I was too dismissive of the loud chorus of legitimate patients whose symptoms improved on cannabis.

Instead, I lumped them with the high-visibility malingerers, just looking to get high. I mistakenly believed the Drug Enforcement Agency listed marijuana as a schedule 1 substance because of sound scientific proof. Surely, they must have quality reasoning as to why marijuana is in the category of the most dangerous drugs that have "no accepted medicinal use and a high potential for abuse."

- Read the entire article at CNN.   :weed-sign: :weed-sign: :weed-sign: :weed-sign: :weed-sign:

• TGL Artisan
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Legalize POT !
Re: WHY I CHANGED MY MIND ABOUT WEED -Dr. Sanjay Gupta
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 10:04:30 PM »
WOOT !

dub

• TGL Master
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 01:07:02 AM »
I caught Sanja on CNN this morning. He openly talked about his change of mind, and CNN did a quick interview with a very sick individual named Chaz Moore with a rare disorder.

Please watch this.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 01:08:54 AM by dub »
"Your as mighty as the flower that grows the stones away"

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 03:46:27 AM »
Takes a big man to admit this, specially in front of 200 million taxpaying citizens,
            And that's just in the us, this has been  seen  all over the world!!
              Dr Gupta is The Man

R

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 08:32:02 AM »
MMJ is a good start, but nothing less than full legalization is satifactory.  Obummer won't change his mind because of a media doctor's opinion, though. 

Still, national MMJ would be very encouraging.  I'm not gonna hold my breath though--it is still a long way off, if it ever happens.

avoca

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Compassion, fuckwads!
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 12:17:29 PM »
Sanjay is free to say we've been duped and here's why etc. But how does govt even begin to explain their evil away? Seems to me they'll have to scapegoat someone.

But i truly believe it Has more to do with the invisible ruling class telling Obummer what he may or may not legalize. For whatever esoteric reason, it's so fucking bizarre.
And if you see your mom this weekend, tell her I said
Satan Satan Satan Satan

LHS

• TGL Ethnobotanist
    • REAL.  EFFECTIVE.  BLENDS.
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2013, 12:37:32 PM »
I saw and read this article.....what a great read.  I posted it all over my blogs, LinkedIn, twitter, etc.  Very informative and persuasive.

Your #1 Trusted Source for Herbal Blends, Legal Bud and MUCH more!
http://www.legalherbalshop.com

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal