Author Topic: How to avoid a marijuana DUI  (Read 971 times)

Swishahouse6

How to avoid a marijuana DUI
« on: October 21, 2013, 09:21:33 AM »
Washington State's new I-502 inititiative makes it a felony to drive with more than 5 nanograms of THC in your system, regardless if it is from when you used weed a month ago. Our guest explains how to avoid being convicted under this and laws in other states that discriminate against cannabis patients and consumers.

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
Re: How to avoid a marijuana DUI
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 03:31:52 PM »
His ass-saving advice boils down to Never taking any type of field sobriety test. Sounds like a good idea,
I know I won't take one due to my being disabled. I doubt that his ideas will be applicable to my state

Uruk-High

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 04:34:13 PM »
Always a good idea to refuse sobriety checks, etc. for any DUI situation. Unfortunately, it's a new day and age out there. Some states have no refusal weekends now, and they will forcibly take your blood if need be. Unconstitutional, yes, but they're doing it anyway.

AMeanOne

• TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 04:46:31 PM »
5 nanograms.....? how the fuck does that work? Ive had my piss come in like the 3,000 range of nanograms when i was a teenager. So basically, if you smoke pot, you cant drive.

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 07:59:14 PM »
Always a good idea to refuse sobriety checks, etc. for any DUI situation. Unfortunately, it's a new day and age out there. Some states have no refusal weekends now, and they will forcibly take your blood if need be. Unconstitutional, yes, but they're doing it anyway.

Well what the guy is saying is If you refuse the sobriety test, then le doesn't have an excuse for taking your blood in the first place--
assuming of course that you weren't pulled over for driving erratically to begin with. It sounds nice, I would like to think that you can
get off on a technicality but it seems to happen less & less as time goes on

Uruk-High

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 08:06:28 PM »
In some cases, you refuse, and they simply do a blood draw anyway. And you still get busted. Frickin' unbelievable!

Welcome to the new Amerika, Comrade!

Swishahouse6

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 08:21:15 PM »
Here is what the bullshit law says in FL...

Refusing to Take the Test
In Florida, you will lose your license for one year for your first refusal. For your second and any subsequent refusal, your license will be suspended for 18 months and you will face the additional consequences, such as time in jail, that come with committing a misdemeanor. 

In most situations, if you refuse to take a mandatory blood, breath, or urine test, you cannot be forced to do so. However, the state may administer the test if you are unconscious, even if you haven’t yet been arrested. Also, if you find yourself in a situation where an officer arrests you for a DUI but hasn’t given you a test, then Florida law says that you can ask for one. Once you ask, the officer has to give you a test.

Implied Consent
Florida law requires you to take a breath, blood, or urine test if you are arrested for a DUI. Florida’s “implied consent” law says that if you are lawfully arrested by an officer who has probable cause to believe that you have been driving under the influence, then you consent to taking a chemical test of your blood, breath or urine for the purpose of determining your blood alcohol content (BAC) or for drugs. Also, you may be asked to take more than one test. If the officer first chooses a breath test, then he or she has the option to make you take an additional test, which you cannot refuse without penalty.

You could be arrested for a DUI even if you are not driving. If you have actual, physical control of the vehicle while under the influence, then that can be enough for an officer to arrest you. Generally, actual, physical control means that the driver is in the car and can make it move. Even if the driver is asleep when the officer arrives on the scene, the potential that he or she could wake up and drive has been enough for a Florida court to decide that the driver had actual physical control.

Once you are arrested, the officer should tell you that if you refuse to take the test, your license will be suspended and that your refusal can be used against you in court. The officer should also tell you that if you have had your license suspended before for refusing a chemical test, then this subsequent refusal counts as a misdemeanor in addition to having your license suspended again

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 11:43:54 PM »
5 nanograms.....? how the fuck does that work? Ive had my piss come in like the 3,000 range of nanograms when i was a teenager. So basically, if you smoke pot, you cant drive.

Basically if you take blood pressure medication or even pain pills with opiates in them and popo finds out
that can become an instant dui too.
   I find I do best while driving a late model or new vehicle
and drive carefully to avoid swerving and other suspicious
looking behavior.

AMeanOne

• TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 11:48:37 PM »
Yeah thats just crazy ya know. Theres no way that this law can continue. Everybodys gonna be getting dui's. "Oh you havent smoked for a month and a half sir? Well theres 6 nanograms in your pee so youre arrested"

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 11:59:41 PM »
Yeah thats just crazy ya know. Theres no way that this law can continue. Everybodys gonna be getting dui's. "Oh you havent smoked for a month and a half sir? Well theres 6 nanograms in your pee so youre arrested"

I hate to be the one to inform you of this, but your existance is almost at the
point where it is at the whim of the next popo that takes a dislike to you

The le roaming the streets today are a very dif breed of asshole. Anything they
wanna do to you is not only held up in court, but If the cop even gets time off
as a punishment, it will be a paid vacation for them. Cops are involved wrongful deaths
everyday & the amount who are actually fired can be counted on one hand. This means
that citizens have little to zero actual rights to do anything but Not piss off the cops.

Even if you manage to sue the police they won't pay a dime. You will be paid from
 tax money that is taken from the city, county or state. No policeman will give a shit-
no policeman will be punished. Take a short look around here if you doubt what I say
www.informationliberation.com

This here is one of my favs
http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=44427
it's an article about how police beatings dropped by an unbelievable amount when cops
were Forced to wear video cameras during their shifts....Seems they get a bit shy when
they are recorded while beating the crap outta their charges

« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 12:05:45 AM by jones »

AMeanOne

• TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2013, 12:27:18 AM »
Im quite aware of this jones, i was in prison before i could go to a bar.

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2013, 12:40:17 AM »
Im quite aware of this jones, i was in prison before i could go to a bar.

I could say the same thing,
  except that I forged the date on my DL
In fact I just happened to have an un-opened pack of camel non filters
the first trip I made to jail & I was allowed to keep them. Back then
everybody smoked, even in jail. I was king for the day with those cigs
It was really just a drunk tank holding cell, lotsa people in there by morning

AMeanOne

• TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2013, 01:05:05 AM »
I meant prison, not jail. Possession of a controlled substance because i failed a UA for coke. See my pee was possessing it so that makes sense right?

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2013, 01:28:00 AM »
I meant prison, not jail. Possession of a controlled substance because i failed a UA for coke. See my pee was possessing it so that makes sense right?

Yeah I heard of that,
  I got a dui for meth & a possession charge cause it was in my blood
What a pile of bs I couldn't make up this crap. Lucky they didn't find
my stash, talk about possession, heh heh

toy

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2013, 01:33:14 AM »
ok heres one for you guys .I was on my way to work  around oct.1st cop gets behind me puts on his cherrys I pull over asked what I was being pulled over for .He says that some one called in my car and plates said that I was drunk driving .I don't even fucking drink once in a blue moon .I volentered to take a drug and alchole test but he wouldn't give me one told him that I was on my way to work .he told me to step out of the car to do the field subrioty test I did it I was nervous as hell .I wasn't on anyfucking thing and he said that I failed the test .What the fuck are you kidding me .said that something was off with me wanted to know if I was on allergy meds or if I was taking vicoden his exact words . told him know and that I would do a drug test to prove it he still wouldn't ggive ne a drug test even though I volentured .ges what the mother fucker said that I ws getting  a fucking ticket for INATTENTIVE DRIVING never even herd of no shit like that .Said that it would arrive in the mail .about 3 more squad cars showed up wile I was doing my field subrioty test im like what the fuck all this for little old me to my self of course .they had the k9 sniff out my car said that they had a hit from the idiot dog on the passenger side of the car for THC  and they wanted to know when the last time that I smoked weed in the car told them I just bought the car a few moths ago and that know one has ever smoked any weed in there wich no one has . its a used car so maybee the previous owner might have I have know idea why that dog got a hit on the pasenger side of my car .they asked if I had drugs in the car I said no .I own a 2011 chevy  impala and they let the fucking dodg all up in my car pissed me off .they wanted me to have my wife come get my car but I told them no that id just have to pick it up after work .they made me leave my car there and gave me a ride to work so fucking inberessing  to come to work in the  back of a squad car .I have court on the 24 . at least the officer was nice enough to put a sticker on my car to stop it from being towed about the only nice thing he did for me that day
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 02:20:21 AM by toy »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal