Author Topic: THE NASAL RANGER  (Read 479 times)

Subgenius

• TGL Veterans
  • TGL Master
THE NASAL RANGER
« on: November 16, 2013, 02:36:22 AM »

Have You Been Smoking Pot? Denver Police Have a New Way to Tell: The 'Nasal Ranger'

Despite cannabis being legal in Colorado, an 'odor ordinance' could spell trouble for users.
By Rod Bastanmehr, AlterNet - Thursday, November 14 2013
FOLLOW: CIVIC LAW COLORADO DENVER LEGALIZATION NASAL RANGER NOSE TELESCOPE ODOR ORDINANCE USA
Denver, Colorado—one of the cities in the country to legalize marijuana use—has passed a new “odor ordinance” with a potential $2,000 fine for anyone found guilty of polluting the atmosphere with high concentrations of cannabis. And the police department's plan for enforcement is a strange-looking device called an olfactometer, or more collquially, the "nose telescope."
The so-called environmental ordinance is a result of confusion over the legality of somebody smoking in their own house should the smell seep out into the street. According to the odor ordinance, the smell is viewed as problematic if it is detectable once the smoke is mixed with seven times the volume of clean air. Denver police plan to use the "nose telecope" to enforce the ordinance.

WHAT WILL THESE FASCISTS THINK OF NEXT!!!!

« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 02:41:24 AM by Subgenius »

Uruk-High

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
Re: THE NASAL RANGER
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 08:09:44 AM »
Now that's just asinine.  :hammertime:

Someone needs to get a large amount of schwag and run around starting little smoldering fires just to piss them off!

tibeirious

• Starship Admiral
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
  • ex head of security cast a way..and forgotten
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 10:55:00 AM »
we find out when this plan launches and then we all have a asparagus and boiled eggs and burrito picnic...TAKE THAT PIGGY NOSE.. :o

iBaked

• TGL Elite
  • TGL Master
  • Rooster in my rari
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 11:09:26 AM »
we find out when this plan launches and then we all have a asparagus and boiled eggs and burrito picnic...TAKE THAT PIGGY NOSE.. :o

Can you imagine them stopping you at DUI checkpoints now, and shoving that thing in your face LMAOOOO!!!!!
I smell pot BOY! *sniff sniff sniff*

"Sir, you are probably smelling that joint I smoked in High School with that thing"

In GOD we trust, all others we monitor - 'Merika

Swishahouse6

Have You Been Smoking Pot? Police Have a New Way to Tell: The 'Nasal Ranger'
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 11:19:28 PM »
http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/have-you-been-smoking-pot-denver-police-have-new-way-tell-nasal-ranger

November 14, 2013   
Denver, Colorado—one of the cities in the country to legalize marijuana use—has passed a new “odor ordinance” with a potential $2,000 fine for anyone found guilty of polluting the atmosphere with high concentrations of cannabis.  :wacked: And the police department's plan for enforcement is a strange-looking device called an olfactometer, or more collquially, the "nose telescope."

The so-called environmental ordinance is a result of confusion over the legality of somebody smoking in their own house should the smell seep out into the street. According to the odor ordinance, the smell is viewed as problematic if it is detectable once the smoke is mixed with seven times the volume of clean air. Denver police plan to use the "nose telecope" to enforce the ordinance.

Anyone can buy the product, which looks largely like a portable telescope with a fitted-cup of your nose, but the Denver Police have opted for an item called the “Nasal Ranger” for about $1,500 a pop. However, the most sophisticated version of the nose telescope has the ability to record both the concentration of marijuana in the air, as well as the GPS coordinates of where the smell is emanating from—available for $3,500, making it the most expensive scent-detector on the market. The device does, however, require a subscription to the built-in odor tracker program.

:wacked:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 07:51:00 AM by Swishahouse6 »

Galaxy Admin

• Administrator
  • TGL Ethnobotanist
I bet if I smoke a Damiana cigarette it will get a false positive, rendering it useless.
It feels good to be running from the devil
Another breath and I'm up another level
It feels good to be up above the clouds
It feels good for the first time in a long time now

House

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL PhD
lol when I saw 'Nasal Ranger' I thought it'd be about jbmac.

"Yeah, I've seen some weird shit"

Subgenius

• TGL Veterans
  • TGL Master
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 02:28:54 AM »

Sure punish the Herbsman for the smell of his sweet smelling Sinsemilla Lambsbread flower but give the tobacco smoker and his foul smelling cigars, cigarettes
                                                          and pipe tobacco a free pass!!!!   :Smokey: :Smokey: :Smokey: 

House

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL PhD
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 05:50:07 AM »
They seriously need to go fuck themselves.

"Yeah, I've seen some weird shit"

tibeirious

• Starship Admiral
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
  • ex head of security cast a way..and forgotten
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 07:39:17 AM »
I was watching the show weed county? think that is the name..one of the old timers that has been growing for like 20+ years said that in the law books only indica is considered illegal..? making sativa strains non illegal?

I have no idea if this is true or not.

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 11:50:39 AM »
They seriously need to go fuck themselves.

Where the hell do these a-holes get off pulling this crap?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal