Author Topic: Once Upon a Time in the West - Short Story, not a western LOL  (Read 1210 times)

JustSayin

• TGL Kratomologist
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • I get knocked down, but I get up again!
Once Upon a Time in the West - Short Story, not a western LOL
« on: December 04, 2013, 06:19:36 PM »
Once Upon a Time in the West …

â€œPreliminary results as we re-engage the population, very negative! We are frightening them. Wait, another report just came in…No, sir, I don’t believe the actual appearance of our avatar is of concern, but rather the message. The problem appears that the agents have been compromised and are sending out conflicting data to the targeted population. Response? The response is an amalgamation of Hostility, Confusion, and Aggression. Exactly the opposite of our intentions, which makes it obvious to me someone, is playing an end-game. It appears to me their needs to be considerable damage control here.”

“So, Michael, what do the natives really believe? This realm of Gaea/Dirt/Earth has been off line so long we have no data on the existing cultures.”
“Well. Obviously someone else did their homework and beat us to the follow-up. Do you have any idea who or what that might be Gabriel?”

“I do, and you are not going to like it. Nor be surprised. An agent from our old “friend” has surfaced again in several places on the surface of said sphere, just staying long enough to plant confusing logic bombs to separate the masses… At least this species has cellular memory enough to sense the misdirection and question it, but not the tools to respond.”

“Complete comprehension, thank you for the obligatory report. One moment, Gabriel, we have an important message coming in.”
   â€œAffirmative! I am receiving as well… Apocalypse is coming… Apocalypse! Armageddon, Ragnarok… I really despise this guy and his concepts…

Michael shook his head and looked down. “Calm yourself my friend, hate is an idea word that gives the enemy strength. The sentient individuals on Earth expect and confront this on a regular basis. They have grown used to living as they say “two minutes to midnight” while skirting disaster.
Gabriel looked strongly at Michael. “It would be so much easier if they did not have free will!”

“Free will is a gift and curse bestowed on every sentient being, tempered by observing the results. Awfully messy at times if you asked me, but no one ever has. Still, as always we stand together with the best plan. The enemy is only as strong or as weak as a shadow. And you know this as an inherent truth Gabriel, so go my friend and help make things right on this mess of a global entity. They will certainly need our help now that they have discovered both the means of execution and salvation at the same time.
This time, there is no tower to tear down or language scramble this time. The original organism was motivated to drag itself out of the ocean, now they learn to sink or swim. All we can do is provide alternatives should they try to sink, direct them to it and teach them if they can’t swim. The choice, as always is theirs. Let them have their shiny dispensers of death and let them live with the results. Unfortunately we have to report the accumulated results to the boss, once again.  I know we have many failures on the way to success, but still it is difficult to see this promising hominoid primate group struggle so while they entertain themselves with thoughts of grandiosity and ascension. This could take millennia.”

“They have not ascertained the true properties of the dimension called time. *Sigh*. We must find scribes to record the true nature of our mission and set events in motion. According to our schedule we will not pass this way for several more millennia and can only leave a watch-dog so to speak. I only hope things do not get out of hand before the natives realize we have been gone for a while.
 After all what are a couple millennia of their native years in the greater context and design of things?”
Life is The realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own—an epic story that continues invisibly around you like an anthill sprawling deep underground, with elaborate passageways to thousands of other lives that you’ll never know existed

tibeirious

• Starship Admiral
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
  • ex head of security cast a way..and forgotten
Re: Once Upon a Time in the West - Short Story, not a western LOL
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 07:27:23 PM »
 :goodpost :popcorn:

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 11:05:39 PM »
Wow it sounds like it's gonna be a very long story

JustSayin

• TGL Kratomologist
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 12:45:54 PM »
it was a long story...still going on
Life is The realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own—an epic story that continues invisibly around you like an anthill sprawling deep underground, with elaborate passageways to thousands of other lives that you’ll never know existed

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 10:12:12 PM »

Wow, well I hear non-fiction brings in less $$$ than the fiction does

JustSayin

• TGL Kratomologist
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 10:51:49 AM »

If this reads like non-fiction you've been doing far better drugs than me Jones. Not accusing, more like envious  ;D

Thanks for reading brother

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2014, 11:51:19 AM »

If this reads like non-fiction you've been doing far better drugs than me Jones. Not accusing, more like envious  ;D

Thanks for reading brother

I find the better stuff does cost more, but you don't hafta use as much

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal