Author Topic: It's on in Alaska! Marijuana Legalization Vote Coming in August  (Read 311 times)

SwishaHouse6

It's on in Alaska! Marijuana Legalization Vote Coming in August
« on: February 07, 2014, 06:48:06 PM »
http://stopthedrugwar.org/speakeasy/2014/feb/05/its_alaska_marijuana_legalizatio

Alaska election officials have certified that a marijuana legalization initiative there has qualified for the ballot. Alaskans will go to the polls in August.

"Based on the numbers posted by the Division of Elections, Alaskans will have the chance to overturn the failed policy of prohibiting marijuana use," Taylor Bickford, a spokesman for the legalization campaign, told the Associated Press last night. 

The initiative is sponsored by the Campaign to Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol in Alaska with the help of the Marijuana Policy Project.

It would legalize the possession of up to an ounce by adults and the cultivation of up to six plants. It would also allow people to keep the fruits of their harvest in excess of an ounce as long as they keep it at home. It would create a system of state-regulated and -taxed retail marijuana sales.

Alaska appears to be in line to be the third state to legalize marijuana.

Nature Boy

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL XxElitexX
Re: It's on in Alaska! Marijuana Legalization Vote Coming in August
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 07:06:35 PM »
Now all the rest of the states let's get it :weedspin
The trick to being a good stalker is always having weed.

If they catch you stalking just say "wanna smoke some weed?",

If they say "no"... fuck em.

You don't need that kinda negativity in your life.

KratomToke

• Administrator
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 08:08:58 PM »
THIS IS GREAT NEWS I AM IN ALASKA, And I didn't even know about this!

:weed-sign: :goodpost :weedspin

spicer

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 09:49:20 PM »
Its happening folks, I believe we will see legalization in our lifetime. One by one other states will see the income brought in from the legal weed industry and will want to hop on board the gravy train.

AMeanOne

• TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 12:54:22 AM »
Oh man, things are starting to roll. Surprised it was alaska that went next

AMeanOne

• TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 01:13:28 AM »
In my state south dakota, one of the reservations is contemplating putting legalization on the ballot for its people. It would only be legal on the reservation, but i think thats another step in the right direction for the whole country. Interesting fact about this reservation, they just got rid of alcohol prohibition after over 100 years of it.

KratomToke

• Administrator
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 04:06:39 AM »
If they make it legal. I would spend some time at the reservation. you know, Just let them know, You like to toke, if you do, I think you do, You could have a blast at a reservation.

You know back in the day, WHEN YOUNG GUNS, AND YOUNG GUNS 2 CAME OUT

I am never going to forget, when took some peyote!, one actor said they can't see us, were in the spirit world, while I think it was Kiefer Sutherland, says, did you see that chicken, They was tripping! That was back when there was no DEA, and the Native Americans didn't have to ask the NOW USA govt, if they could have weed on their land!

:goodpost
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 04:08:54 AM by KratomToke »

AMeanOne

• TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2014, 07:35:46 AM »
Only thing is, id put big money on it - you have to be a tribe member to get access to it

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal