Author Topic: Can't play music, but I write some poetry.  (Read 1393 times)

niemandgeist

• TGL Elite
  • TGL Master
  • Mushroom Muncher :)
Can't play music, but I write some poetry.
« on: August 16, 2014, 10:59:46 PM »
Society governs that we adhere
to its standards and march to its
beat

A regimented pattern
of predictable steps
guiding the rhythm of our feet

I cast aside conformity
shun such laws
make haste retreat

I plug my ears
I close my eyes
I look within
only to meet

the possibilities
endless and fruitful
I follow my heart,
a drum that is truthful

I drown out the norms,
societal mores
I follow my soul
to a place that is warm

I accept my individuality
embrace the oddness
natural to me

So an outlander I become
freed from a world
so cold and numb

They mock
they taunt
and belittle me

Yet they do not realize:
They are slaves

And I

I am free.
I am always up for chatting online with some new and interesting people. I don't really PM too many people here much. If you see this and you're interested in chatting or are bored and such. Please hit me up. I LOVE conversation.

AMeanOne

• TGL XxElitexX
Re: Can't play music, but I write some poetry.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 03:52:11 AM »
Nice post brohan

tibeirious

• Starship Admiral
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
  • ex head of security cast a way..and forgotten
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 01:18:19 PM »
I really liked that , Awesome Work of art brother

niemandgeist

• TGL Elite
  • TGL Master
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 02:51:11 PM »
:) Thanks, all. Trying to get back into doing some more writing. Trying to get back into a lot of old hobbies these days.
I am always up for chatting online with some new and interesting people. I don't really PM too many people here much. If you see this and you're interested in chatting or are bored and such. Please hit me up. I LOVE conversation.

Taz

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 03:30:39 PM »
horns

KratomToke

• Administrator
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 09:26:23 PM »
Keep up the writing!

Simonsays

• TGL Elite
  • TGL Master
  • still your passenger
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 01:09:12 PM »
I've been crawling on my belly
 Clearing out what could've been.
 I've been wallowing in my own chaotic
 And insecure delusions.

I wanna feel the change consume me,
 Feel the outside turning in.
 I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
 Cleansing I've endured within
                    46x2- Tool

Ozone

• TGL Elite
  • TGL Master
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 02:32:35 PM »
 I really liked this.

I've been trying to return to my younger ways also.

A very respected Buckminster Fuller once said:

â€œWe should do away with the absolutely specious notion that everybody has to earn a living. It is a fact today that one in ten thousand of us can make a technological breakthrough capable of supporting all the rest. The youth of today are absolutely right in recognizing this nonsense of earning a living. We keep inventing jobs because of this false idea that everybody has to be employed at some kind of drudgery because, according to Malthusian Darwinian theory he must justify his right to exist. So we have inspectors of inspectors and people making instruments for inspectors to inspect inspectors. The true business of people should be to go back to school and think about whatever it was they were thinking about before somebody came along and told them they had to earn a living.”

If you aren't familiar with him or his work, I think you will find it appealing.  I think I may start a thread just on him , his work and his philosophy. 

All the best to you on your journey.
"Although you come with saws and axes, in the end I shall grow over your graves."

niemandgeist

• TGL Elite
  • TGL Master
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 03:28:23 PM »
I really liked this.

â€œWe should do away with the absolutely specious notion that everybody has to earn a living. It is a fact today that one in ten thousand of us can make a technological breakthrough capable of supporting all the rest. The youth of today are absolutely right in recognizing this nonsense of earning a living. We keep inventing jobs because of this false idea that everybody has to be employed at some kind of drudgery because, according to Malthusian Darwinian theory he must justify his right to exist. So we have inspectors of inspectors and people making instruments for inspectors to inspect inspectors. The true business of people should be to go back to school and think about whatever it was they were thinking about before somebody came along and told them they had to earn a living.”

If you aren't familiar with him or his work, I think you will find it appealing.  I think I may start a thread just on him , his work and his philosophy. 

Ozone, thanks very much for the recommendation. The passage you've chosen to share really seems to be up my alley. :)

Oh, and I will keep up the writing, good people.

Ozone

• TGL Elite
  • TGL Master
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2014, 04:13:00 PM »
I really liked this.

Ozone, thanks very much for the recommendation. The passage you've chosen to share really seems to be up my alley. :)

Oh, and I will keep up the writing, good people.

Bucky Fuller was a TRUE revolutionary. He's kind of a Tesla in the fact that he doesn't get the recognition he deserves for his genius. 

There are some good videos of him giving his lectures on youtube as well.  This is a real good one. I think his concepts will resonate deeply within you, as they should all of us.

"Although you come with saws and axes, in the end I shall grow over your graves."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal