Author Topic: Study: Synthetic Cannabinoid "Safe And Effective" Treatment  (Read 683 times)

mattynugs

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
Ontario, Canada: The administration of nabilone, a synthetic cannabinoid, safely mitigates symptoms of post-traumatic stress (PTS) syndrome, according to clinical data published online ahead of print in the Journal of Psychopharmacology.Investigators at the University of Ottawa, Department of Psychiatry assessed the safety and efficacy of nabilone, an FDA-approved selective CB1 agonist, as an adjunct treatment in 104 subjects with mental health issues residing in a correctional facility.Researchers reported that naboline administration was associated with significant improvement in post-traumatic stress symptoms, including nightmares and insomnia, as well as subjective improvement in chronic pain. Nabilone treatment was also associated with a reduction in subjects' use of other prescribed medication, particularly the use of anti-psychotic and sedative agents.Investigators concluded, "This study supports the promise of nabilone as a safe, effective treatment for concurrent disorders in seriously mentally ill correctional populations."Clinical trial data published last month in the journal Clinical Drug Investigation similarly concluded that the administration of an absorbable preparation of THC "caused a statistically significant improvement in global symptom severity, sleep quality, frequency of nightmares" in patients suffering from chronic post-traumatic stress.In 2013, researchers at the New York University School of Medicine published findings indicating that PTS subjects experience a decrease in their natural production of anandamide, an endogenous cannabinoid neurotransmitter. They hypothesized that an increase in the body's production of cannabinoids would likely restore subjects' natural brain chemistry and psychological balance. "[Our] findings substantiate, at least in part, emerging evidence that ... plant-derived cannabinoids such as marijuana may possess some benefits in individuals with PTSD by helping relieve haunting nightmares and other symptoms of PTSD," they concluded. Link: http://norml.org/news/2014/07/10/study-synthetic-cannabinoid-safe-and-effective-treatment-for-post-traumatic-stress

Dashneo

• TGL Elite
  • TGL Master
Re: Study: Synthetic Cannabinoid "Safe And Effective" Treatment
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 08:08:17 AM »
I wonder how traumatic events cause the brain's endocannabinoid system to get fucked up like that

Uruk-High

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 08:15:07 AM »
Good read, and thanks for the post, Matty.

I love how the studies keep reinforcing the fact the the feds are full of crap! Can't wait until the laws change at the fed level - game over! :rock:

Free da weed! :weedspin :Smokey: :weedspin

tibeirious

• Starship Admiral
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
  • ex head of security cast a way..and forgotten
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 08:24:18 AM »
Cannaboids are the only thing I have found that really works to calm my PTSD

http://maketheconnection.net/conditions/ptsd?utm_source=adcenter&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=ptsd%20symptoms&utm_content=symptoms&utm_campaign=ptsd

You feel on edge. Nightmares keep coming back. Sudden noises make you jump. You’re staying at home more and more. Could you have PTSD?

If you have experienced severe trauma or a life-threatening event, you may develop symptoms of posttraumatic stress, commonly known as posttraumatic stress disorder, PTSD, shell shock, or combat stress. Maybe you felt like your life or the lives of others were in danger, or that you had no control over what was happening. You may have witnessed people being injured or dying, or you may have been physically harmed yourself.

Some of the most common symptoms of PTSD include recurring memories or nightmares of the event(s), sleeplessness, loss of interest, or feeling numb, anger, and irritability, but there are many ways PTSD can impact your everyday life.

Sometimes these symptoms don’t surface for months or years after the event or returning from deployment. They may also come and go. If these problems won’t go away or are getting worse—or you feel like they are disrupting your daily life—you may have PTSD.

Some factors can increase the likelihood of a traumatic event leading to PTSD, such as:
The intensity of the trauma
Being hurt or losing a loved one
Being physically close to the traumatic event
Feeling you were not in control
Having a lack of support after the event

“Driving down the roads in my home town, I found myself noticing every piece of debris, avoiding every pothole.”

A wide variety of symptoms may be signs you are experiencing PTSD:
Feeling upset by things that remind you of what happened
Having nightmares, vivid memories, or flashbacks of the event that make you feel like it’s happening all over again
Feeling emotionally cut off from others
Feeling numb or losing interest in things you used to care about
Becoming depressed
Thinking that you are always in danger
Feeling anxious, jittery, or irritated
Experiencing a sense of panic that something bad is about to happen
Having difficulty sleeping
Having trouble keeping your mind on one thing
Having a hard time relating to and getting along with your spouse, family, or friends

“When stress brought on flashbacks, I dealt with them by drinking them away. I considered it recreational drinking, but really I was self-medicating.”

It’s not just the symptoms of PTSD but also how you may react to them that can disrupt your life. You may:
Frequently avoid places or things that remind you of what happened
Consistent drinking or use of drugs to numb your feelings
Consider harming yourself or others
Start working all the time to occupy your mind
Pull away from other people and become isolated

avoca

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Compassion, fuckwads!
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 11:43:17 AM »
Betting they'll find this to be true for mental issues in general, like depression and anxiety. I tHink that's why some of us are such heads, our anandamide is lacking.
No ptsd here but it was fucking traumatic growing up gay in the south in the 80's. Maybe that screwed my levels...
And if you see your mom this weekend, tell her I said
Satan Satan Satan Satan

Smoke

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 01:57:55 PM »
What a great read...Thanks for posting....
Tibs my brutha my heart goes out to you friend.  Glad you are able to find help with what your going through.
Sometimes I wonder if I might not have this....These symptoms u list are what I still feel today after the loss of my mother years ago, and now dealing with this family separation.  Never getting to see my kids like I did. Tears me apart...
There are days I really hope I don't wake up...

avoca

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Compassion, fuckwads!
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 03:24:56 PM »
There is a physical pain response to seperation/loss. Swisha it is not just emotions. So sorry to read your situation, hang in there.
And if you see your mom this weekend, tell her I said
Satan Satan Satan Satan

KratomToke

• Administrator
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 09:21:51 PM »
You have always been cool SWISHA, Hang in there! And I hope you begin to feel better !

• TGL Artisan
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Legalize POT !
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 10:35:11 PM »

Uruk-High

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2014, 10:56:11 AM »
You have always been cool SWISHA, Hang in there! And I hope you begin to feel better !

:goodpost

I'll second that one! Hang in there, Brother Swish.

tibeirious

• Starship Admiral
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2014, 06:07:50 PM »
What a great read...Thanks for posting....
Tibs my brutha my heart goes out to you friend.  Glad you are able to find help with what your going through.
Sometimes I wonder if I might not have this....These symptoms u list are what I still feel today after the loss of my mother years ago, and now dealing with this family separation.  Never getting to see my kids like I did. Tears me apart...
There are days I really hope I don't wake up...

no Swisha, Brother it is Much Harder for You, I was able to come Home, Your Battle has been In your Home. I am So proud of How strong you have stayed through all this, I pray for you all the time. I would not be able to handle any of that. 

Much Brotherly Love and respect, And remember, there is always a room for you here.  :horns up

Smoke

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2014, 10:30:50 AM »
Thanks for fellow X'ers it means a lot....

Now fuck the drama and bad vibes,  here hit this shit... :weedpass: :passing-joint:

Uruk-High

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2014, 11:40:01 AM »
Glad you're still around, Swish!

And I'm so down with that. Pass that shit over here! :weedpass:  :Smokey:

tibeirious

• Starship Admiral
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2014, 12:02:46 PM »
 :passing-joint:

Taz

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2014, 12:52:34 AM »
Wow this is me to a point. They do not mind sending you where they never have been but that means they never understand do to it. I just hate to apply for benefits because that is the mantra in the service. OMG. Rub dirt on it and shut up.

I was willing, able and willing but damn. Never knew it would fuck me up 4-ever. I thought I was the exception but now know that was not the case. I would serve my country again anytime but not the politicians for sure.

Cannaboids are the only thing I have found that really works to calm my PTSD

http://maketheconnection.net/conditions/ptsd?utm_source=adcenter&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=ptsd%20symptoms&utm_content=symptoms&utm_campaign=ptsd

You feel on edge. Nightmares keep coming back. Sudden noises make you jump. You’re staying at home more and more. Could you have PTSD?

If you have experienced severe trauma or a life-threatening event, you may develop symptoms of posttraumatic stress, commonly known as posttraumatic stress disorder, PTSD, shell shock, or combat stress. Maybe you felt like your life or the lives of others were in danger, or that you had no control over what was happening. You may have witnessed people being injured or dying, or you may have been physically harmed yourself.

Some of the most common symptoms of PTSD include recurring memories or nightmares of the event(s), sleeplessness, loss of interest, or feeling numb, anger, and irritability, but there are many ways PTSD can impact your everyday life.

Sometimes these symptoms don’t surface for months or years after the event or returning from deployment. They may also come and go. If these problems won’t go away or are getting worse—or you feel like they are disrupting your daily life—you may have PTSD.

Some factors can increase the likelihood of a traumatic event leading to PTSD, such as:
The intensity of the trauma
Being hurt or losing a loved one
Being physically close to the traumatic event
Feeling you were not in control
Having a lack of support after the event

“Driving down the roads in my home town, I found myself noticing every piece of debris, avoiding every pothole.”

A wide variety of symptoms may be signs you are experiencing PTSD:
Feeling upset by things that remind you of what happened
Having nightmares, vivid memories, or flashbacks of the event that make you feel like it’s happening all over again
Feeling emotionally cut off from others
Feeling numb or losing interest in things you used to care about
Becoming depressed
Thinking that you are always in danger
Feeling anxious, jittery, or irritated
Experiencing a sense of panic that something bad is about to happen
Having difficulty sleeping
Having trouble keeping your mind on one thing
Having a hard time relating to and getting along with your spouse, family, or friends

“When stress brought on flashbacks, I dealt with them by drinking them away. I considered it recreational drinking, but really I was self-medicating.”

It’s not just the symptoms of PTSD but also how you may react to them that can disrupt your life. You may:
Frequently avoid places or things that remind you of what happened
Consistent drinking or use of drugs to numb your feelings
Consider harming yourself or others
Start working all the time to occupy your mind
Pull away from other people and become isolated

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal