Author Topic: What is your favorite strain  (Read 994 times)

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
Re: What is your favorite strain
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2014, 07:40:24 PM »
Whichever chron I am burning currently
            That one is my fav
I try not to discriminate against the wonder             :weedspin

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2014, 04:12:30 PM »
I can rarely burn a bowl lately without putting a couple of other things on top of it,
so I wonder if the herb does little more sometimes than keep the other stuff on top

Galaxy Admin

• Administrator
  • TGL Ethnobotanist
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2014, 06:34:23 PM »
#1) Sour Diesel will always be king imo
#2) Tangerine and Tangerine Diesel are a couple of my faves because they are mostly Colorado specific
#3) Loch Ness: Definitely one of my new favorites as well. Hard to find but very worth it though. I only know 2 or 3 people that even have this strain. Grape Ape x Super Lemon Haze. Can't go wrong.

you mean Sour Tangie? It was developed in Cali and has been there for years. Great strain.   :weedpass:
It feels good to be running from the devil
Another breath and I'm up another level
It feels good to be up above the clouds
It feels good for the first time in a long time now

JD4550

• TGL Elite
  • TGL Shaman
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2014, 12:19:41 AM »
I have two experiences with the "best bud" I've ever had, back from the days when I was still doing a lot (A LOOOOT) of things trading/selling on secret forums that were very, VERY exclusive back in the day...

1) Someone was kind enough to gift me 1/8th of what he told me was "Blackberry Kush". I don't know if that was really it, but the stuff was fantastic. Very euphoric, heady high with a nice body buzz. The stuff tasted like minty blackberry. So smooth. So tasty.

2) A guy who used to sell under the name of "Greenlight" had a connect in Mexico. He lived in Texas. He'd drive up to the border to get his stuff. It was sold as "Cheap, highly compressed Mexican brick weed". Dude was selling it for $40 an ounce. I got an ounce. I was very impressed. Of course, it was very, very seedy and flat as a piece of paper almost... But I got to say... It was GOOD stuff for the price. Like REALLY GOOD. He even fronted me an ounce and gave me a good long while to pay him back for it. Good guy. Hope he's doing alright now. He got out of the 'game' when the getting was good though. He had a sale going on where you could get a pound for $420. I should have gotten more, but I was afraid to have that much coming in to me... Of course it was all for personal use or for sharing with very trusted friends, but no way would I risk getting so much. Stuff lasted me for months. Shame I chucked out all of the seeds. I know people who might have been willing to pay for those.

Thats how much I get my ozs for here in south texas avout $30. Not alot of seeds but your right about it being flat. perks of living in south texas are that the pounds go for $200 and we get all the great weed before it goes upstate. It does compare to hydro sometimes

Galaxy Admin

• Administrator
  • TGL Ethnobotanist
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2014, 12:32:23 AM »
$200 pd? pm me.  :weedspin
It feels good to be running from the devil
Another breath and I'm up another level
It feels good to be up above the clouds
It feels good for the first time in a long time now

tibeirious

• Starship Admiral
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
  • ex head of security cast a way..and forgotten
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2014, 12:39:04 AM »
I have two experiences with the "best bud" I've ever had, back from the days when I was still doing a lot (A LOOOOT) of things trading/selling on secret forums that were very, VERY exclusive back in the day...

1) Someone was kind enough to gift me 1/8th of what he told me was "Blackberry Kush". I don't know if that was really it, but the stuff was fantastic. Very euphoric, heady high with a nice body buzz. The stuff tasted like minty blackberry. So smooth. So tasty.

2) A guy who used to sell under the name of "Greenlight" had a connect in Mexico. He lived in Texas. He'd drive up to the border to get his stuff. It was sold as "Cheap, highly compressed Mexican brick weed". Dude was selling it for $40 an ounce. I got an ounce. I was very impressed. Of course, it was very, very seedy and flat as a piece of paper almost... But I got to say... It was GOOD stuff for the price. Like REALLY GOOD. He even fronted me an ounce and gave me a good long while to pay him back for it. Good guy. Hope he's doing alright now. He got out of the 'game' when the getting was good though. He had a sale going on where you could get a pound for $420. I should have gotten more, but I was afraid to have that much coming in to me... Of course it was all for personal use or for sharing with very trusted friends, but no way would I risk getting so much. Stuff lasted me for months. Shame I chucked out all of the seeds. I know people who might have been willing to pay for those.

Thats how much I get my ozs for here in south texas avout $30. Not alot of seeds but your right about it being flat. perks of living in south texas are that the pounds go for $200 and we get all the great weed before it goes upstate. It does compare to hydro sometimes

200 a POUND????? holy fuck...even back in the damn 70s I paid 30-45 a lid..shit you can get it cheaper now a days..i wanna move in with you..lol

Simonsays

• TGL Elite
  • TGL Master
  • still your passenger
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2014, 02:17:23 PM »
Although I have had limited experience with MJ strains my top 4 in no particular order are: GSC, Phantom, sour tangie, and Fire OG. :weedspin
I've been crawling on my belly
 Clearing out what could've been.
 I've been wallowing in my own chaotic
 And insecure delusions.

I wanna feel the change consume me,
 Feel the outside turning in.
 I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
 Cleansing I've endured within
                    46x2- Tool

GrindCandy

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2014, 03:21:53 PM »
That $200-300 pound shit is mostly "skunk red hair" prob the most pop mexico strain you will see floating around. Tends to wholesale in cali and texas. It was accually going around in my area just after the start of mmj but it was hitting $125-160oz  and mmj from growers was $280. I can say tho it can get seedy but it is accually stronger then youd think it would be but has a very boring stony high. Id buy pounds of the shit for 300 make hash and you know.

Mexico shit is a hit or miss sometimes tho. Around the same time i bought a oz of mexi for 100 no seeds rock hard buds and i could barely catch a buzz.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 03:28:15 PM by GrindCandy »

spicer

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2014, 03:38:53 PM »
Yeah thats probably smart making hash out of it, I would love to have some of those prices haha. $20/g here, never bought over a half oz cause its so damn expensive!

Ozone

• TGL Elite
  • TGL Master
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2014, 04:07:24 PM »
That $200-300 pound shit is mostly "skunk red hair" prob the most pop mexico strain you will see floating around. Tends to wholesale in cali and texas. It was accually going around in my area just after the start of mmj but it was hitting $125-160oz  and mmj from growers was $280. I can say tho it can get seedy but it is accually stronger then youd think it would be but has a very boring stony high. Id buy pounds of the shit for 300 make hash and you know.

Mexico shit is a hit or miss sometimes tho. Around the same time i bought a oz of mexi for 100 no seeds rock hard buds and i could barely catch a buzz.

Sounds like the "mids" I miss from yesteryear. No one deals with anything that isn't top quality (at least in their eyes) any more that I know. I think it's a shame.   :'(
"Although you come with saws and axes, in the end I shall grow over your graves."

GrindCandy

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2014, 04:36:50 PM »

Sounds like the "mids" I miss from yesteryear. No one deals with anything that isn't top quality (at least in their eyes) any more that I know. I think it's a shame.   :'(

Same here. But i know plenty of people that would pay $50-60 a oz maybe even a hundred for mids.

• TGL Artisan
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Legalize POT !
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2014, 04:39:00 PM »
I had a 1/8th of Romulan about a yr ago. Probably the best and most potent bud in past 35 years.
One hit shit.
Best flavor was Acapulco Gold back in the 70's.

Uruk-High

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2014, 04:48:24 PM »

Yep, I used to able to get some great mid elbow deals in the past. And much of it was better than you might think. Some of it was downright competitive with some of the higher end out there today, but those days are long gone around here. The only cheaper stuff I've seen these days is downright garbage. Looks like crap, tastes like ass, and barely works. Pass!

That translates to about $15 per gram for me these days. Very nice stuff, but pricey! :Smokey:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal