Author Topic: Six High-THC Marijuana Strains  (Read 516 times)

Smoke

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
Six High-THC Marijuana Strains
« on: May 02, 2015, 07:47:05 PM »
1) Satori
2007 Winner of High Times Magazine "Strain of the Year" award, Satori boasts a THC content of 28%. This indica/sativa hybrid has a diverse range of medicinal benefits, and is especially useful in managing the symptoms of depression, fatigue and restless leg syndrome. Smokers of Satori can expect to enjoy a delicious honey flavour and a refreshing and creative high.
2) Tutankhamun
Tutankhamun is named for the Egyptian pharaoh better known as King Tut, and has a THC levels ranging from an impressive 22% to a legendary 33%. Often used to combat anxiety and depression, Tutankhamun is also helpful for alleviating pain and glaucoma. It has a characteristic skunky taste and smell, and is best suited for daytime use.
3) Tahoe OG
Not to be confused with Tahoe OG Kush, Tahoe OG is the product of breeder Swerve and offers a THC content ranging from 15% up to 20.84% depending on grow conditions. Called insomnia's worst nightmare, users report that Tahoe OG is an excellent sleep aid, and also works well for pain management and appetite stimulation. It is recommended to smoke Tahoe OG at night, when bedtime is in sight.
4) AK-47
Developed by Serious Seeds in 1992, AK-47 is consider an original-G of the cannabis strain scene. With a THC levels reaching 20%, AK-47 boosts creativity, induces peaceful euphoria and alleviates depression and other mood disorders. AK-47 has beautiful white and sticky buds, and has a smooth and earthy flavour.
5) LSD
Clocking in with a THC level of 24%, this is just one of the many reasons to fall in love with this boutique strain. Like its namesake, LSD gives its smoker a psychedelic head high that can only be described as euphoric. LSD is a popular choice for those seeking to treat body aches, anxiety, general stress and gastrointestinal disorders.
6) Bruce Banner #3
With almost instant effect, Bruce Banner #3 smokers won’t have to wait long to be hit with the quality of high you get from 28% THC. Because of its fast-acting effect, it is often prescribed to help patients alleviate pain quickly. Bruce Banner #3 is also useful in the treatment of anxiety, ADD/ADHD and Bipolar disorders. In 2013, Bruce Banner #3 earned the distinction of being the most potent strain ever tested in the history of the High Times Cannabis Cup, earning 1st place for Colorado dispensary chain Strainwise.

X'ers fell free to add to the list....

GrindCandy

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL XxElitexX
Re: Six High-THC Marijuana Strains
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 07:59:06 PM »
Half of those are myths and if they do get thc that high you will need the clone. From seed it will take you a few packs.

its a old list too most new clone onlys are all hitting those numbers if grown right
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 08:02:50 PM by GrindCandy »

Galaxy Admin

• Administrator
  • TGL Ethnobotanist
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 08:00:42 PM »
I have some Jack Herer wax that is 80% THC. I can smoke 3-4 huge hits with a lot of throat issues and an ok buzz. I have some Sour Diesel Mids that give me a more pleasant buzz. It is probably in the range of 14% THC. This proves that you need the whole plant to get your medicine if you are using for pain mgt. and is more of a realistic potency for good pot. IDK how they measure that in the 20 -30% levels unless it is from the tip of the best cola from a whole plant.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 08:03:43 PM by ÂçïÐ_Rëƒlü×® »
It feels good to be running from the devil
Another breath and I'm up another level
It feels good to be up above the clouds
It feels good for the first time in a long time now

Uruk-High

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 11:07:22 AM »
I run across AK-47 from time to time, and most of the time I haven't been overly impressed. Never bad, mind you, just not up there with the big boys. That all changed the last time I had it. The last round I picked up was brilliant. Not sure why it was different that time around, but it lit me up like a 15-20% should... :stoned

I'm smoking on some Sweet Tooth right now, and this is one to be reckoned with, too. Very nice, intense high. Feels like another 15-20% hybrid strain to me. Of course, I never truly know what I'm getting being that I live in a prohibition state - boo! I have had this one a few times in recent history, though, and it does seem to be a consistent strain for my connection. :Smokey:

spicer

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 01:09:06 PM »
Strains are hit and miss anyways, I mean unless you grow it yourself how can you know what strain your dealer got, half the time I feel like they just make the name up or use a popular high strength name to charge more

GrindCandy

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2015, 01:12:00 PM »
Strains are hit and miss anyways, I mean unless you grow it yourself how can you know what strain your dealer got, half the time I feel like they just make the name up or use a popular high strength name to charge more

this is only common in a non med state I would assume or unless a med state has some bunk greenhouse they trying boost up. Everybody I ever deal with doesn't change or switch names. But there is alot of bad growing good strains that float around.

the tricky thing with this strain game is knowing if your "clone only" strain came from cline or seed as there is a big difference og kush for example if it from seed there a good chance it not going be as good as the clone. Seeds vary in quality big time and alot of growers that buy seeds will only run a couple or even one female seed and call it whatever it is and pass it of as the best repesentation of that strain.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 01:15:37 PM by GrindCandy »

spicer

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2015, 01:12:43 PM »
Yeah Im in a non med state so you got me there grind ;)

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2015, 03:21:45 PM »
I have some Jack Herer wax that is 80% THC. I can smoke 3-4 huge hits with a lot of throat issues and an ok buzz. I have some Sour Diesel Mids that give me a more pleasant buzz. It is probably in the range of 14% THC. This proves that you need the whole plant to get your medicine if you are using for pain mgt. and is more of a realistic potency for good pot. IDK how they measure that in the 20 -30% levels unless it is from the tip of the best cola from a whole plant.

Totally agree,
  That's why when I load up a bowl I like to put at least three dif things in there.
  I start with some weed, add a pinch of keif, or a bit of hash and top it off with a bit of wax
                I like to get the job done on the first try. I have noticed a lot of coughing lately,
  but I'm sure that is just a by-product of the finished project

You can totally get rid of a sore throat using zinc, most is uncoated tho, so you hafta take one pill with food twice
 a day for four days--You don't want to take too much zinc, or it will mess with your system
I had a terrible strep throat years ago and on my 4th day taking zinc, I couldn't even feel it. The Dr. was pushing
on the back of my throat with a cotton swab asking "Could I feel that?" and all I could feel was numb. He said my
throat was neon-red. There are a bunch of zinc-based cold remedies as well that are supposed to work wonders
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 03:27:34 PM by jones »

Galaxy Admin

• Administrator
  • TGL Ethnobotanist
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2015, 08:01:17 PM »
I used Zinc so much once that I could no longer taste anything at all for almost a month. Scared me a bit TBH.
It feels good to be running from the devil
Another breath and I'm up another level
It feels good to be up above the clouds
It feels good for the first time in a long time now

GrindCandy

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2015, 08:09:01 PM »
I used Zinc so much once that I could no longer taste anything at all for almost a month. Scared me a bit TBH.

I took zma for like a month had some crazy morning wood and slept like a brick

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2015, 11:06:38 PM »
I wouldn't advise taking more than two a day for 4-5 days. If your throat is still sore after 5 days You got something else, like cancer maybe

Ever hear of folks taking too much colloidal silver? Poor fuckers turn blue!!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 11:18:08 PM by jones »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal