Author Topic: Texas: House Committee Approves Bill To Make Marijuana Legal For Adults  (Read 451 times)

Galaxy Admin

• Administrator
  • TGL Ethnobotanist
The Texas House of Representatives Criminal Jurisprudence Committee on Wednesday approved a bill 5-1 that would end marijuana prohibition in the state.
HB 2165, introduced in March by Rep. David Simpson (R-Longview), would strike references to marijuana offenses from Texas statutes, resulting in marijuana being treated similarly to other legal crops.
Nearly three out of five Texas voters (58 percent) support making marijuana legal for adults and regulating it like alcohol, according to a statewide survey conducted by Public Policy Polling in September 2013.
Four states have adopted laws that regulate and tax marijuana similarly to alcohol. Two of them, Colorado and Washington, have established regulated systems of marijuana cultivation and sales. Alaska and Oregon are in the process of implementing similar systems.
“Marijuana prohibition’s days are numbered in the Lone Star State," said Heather Fazio, Texas political director for the Marijuana Policy Project (MPP). "Texas voters recognize that punishing adults for consuming a substance that is safer than alcohol is a waste of law enforcement resources and an affront to individual liberty. It appears most of the committee members agree.
“State officials are increasingly becoming fed up with the failed federal government policy of marijuana prohibition, and they’re taking action," Fazio said. "Like most Americans, most Texans are ready for a more sensible, fiscally sound marijuana policy.”

- See more at: http://hemp.org/news/node/5295#sthash.NQTvyA6E.dpuf
It feels good to be running from the devil
Another breath and I'm up another level
It feels good to be up above the clouds
It feels good for the first time in a long time now

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
Fantastic news plus I hear everything in texas is bigger!

skush

• TGL Elite
  • TGL PhD
We grow great bud here in TX too. If they make this change in the next 2-3 years I may actually stay a little while longer lol
“Life lived in the absence of the psychedelic experience that primordial shamanism is based on is life trivialized, life denied, life enslaved to the ego."

Uruk-High

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
This is great news! :horns up :banana: :rock: :lama:

And the cool thing about this bill is that growing MJ would be equal to growing tomatoes - just another plant. Of course, I doubt the other politicians are going to let that slide without having a way to take their cut somehow. Progress, nevertheless!

:weedspin :weedspin :weedspin

SmxkinSkxlls

• TGL Supporter
  • TGL Shaman
We grow great bud here in TX too. If they make this change in the next 2-3 years I may actually stay a little while longer lol

I've read in some other articles that it's supposed to be implemented by September of this year? if so, i know what I'm doing for my birthday ;)

And the cool thing about this bill is that growing MJ would be equal to growing tomatoes - just another plant. Of course, I doubt the other politicians are going to let that slide without having a way to take their cut somehow. Progress, nevertheless!

That's awesome, I definitely wouldn't mind growing here if it's legalized. :) There's no way in hell I'd do it here with the laws now though, haha.

Well, it definitely didn't take as long as I thought it would for Texas to start this whole process.  :tyrone:

:weedspin :weedspin :weedspin :weedspin :weedspin :weedspin :weedspin :weedspin :weedspin
"One must be pure to remember. Pure at all levels."

Uruk-High

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX

I've read in some other articles that it's supposed to be implemented by September of this year? if so, i know what I'm doing for my birthday ;)

That's awesome, I definitely wouldn't mind growing here if it's legalized. :) There's no way in hell I'd do it here with the laws now though, haha.

Well, it definitely didn't take as long as I thought it would for Texas to start this whole process.  :tyrone:

:weedspin :weedspin :weedspin :weedspin :weedspin :weedspin :weedspin :weedspin :weedspin

It's going to take a miracle for this to even hit the floor and then hopefully pass both houses by June, but what just happened is pretty much a miracle! I'm blown away...  :cloud9:

Even if we don't get any further this time around, the writing's on the wall. The process has indeed started in Texas, and the politicians aren't going to be able to ignore the will of the people anymore. Love that fact that this all got started by a conservative republican that used a religious argument for it, too. He's truly walking the walk, and he's going to make all of the prohibitionists look like the major hypocrite assholes that they truly are. Good times! :yeahboy:

And I've been patiently waiting for that day when I can grow once again.... :sly:

:weedspin :weedspin :weedspin

avoca

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Compassion, fuckwads!
Sheeee-it, I remember $30 oz's out of TX ten years ago.  Yall get ready for the cheap cheap! Lol this is fanfuckingtastic! !!

If the dumbass "Christians" in TX start backing this then federal repeal is right around the corner IMO.
And if you see your mom this weekend, tell her I said
Satan Satan Satan Satan

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal