Author Topic: The 6 States With the Most Outrageously High Pot Prices  (Read 339 times)

Smoke

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
The 6 States With the Most Outrageously High Pot Prices
« on: May 30, 2015, 07:47:20 PM »
You can score weed for about $200 an ounce in Oregon, where it's legal, but is some states, you'll pay nearly twice as much. Is yours one of them?
You would expect marijuana to be cheaper where it is legal, and you would be right. According to data crowd-sourced from PriceofWeed.com and nicely presented in map form by Frank Bi of Forbes, the legal marijuana states—Alaska, Colorado, Oregon, Washington—have the cheapest pot prices in the country, ranging from a low of $204 an ounce in Oregon to a high of $294 in Alaska.

The national average price is $324 an ounce. It must be noted that these prices have to be for the US-grown, high quality sinsemilla increasingly preferred by consumers, not the much lower prices for Mexican brick weed.

Pot prices in general are lower in the West, even in states where it isn't legal. Residents of no Western state except Wyoming are paying more than $300 an ounce, and the price in some Western medical marijuana states is as low as the price in the legal states. In California, for instance, where the medical marijuana law is so broadly written as to amount to de facto personal legalization, the going rate is $243, while in Nevada it's $265 and in Montana it's $266.

East of the Mississippi, prices are over $300 an ounce in every state except medical marijuana Michigan ($285) and home cultivation mecca Florida ($299).

Below are the six most expensive places to score weed (it would have been five, but we had a tie), along with some speculation about why this is so. Without further ado:

1.     North Dakota, $387/ounce. It's a long way from North Dakota to anywhere, including states where a lot of pot is being grown legally. And North Dakota is a long way from legalizing weed—the legislature killed even medical this year.

2.     Vermont, $367/ounce. At those prices, you can see why they want to legalize it in the Green Mountain State. Although one has to wonder why those Green Mountains aren't producing enough illicit green get prices down.

3.     Virginia, $363/ounce.  Dopers in the Old Dominion are paying out the nose for their buds. Northern Virginia is right across the Potomac from DC, where it is legal, but DC doesn't allow sales, and even in the District, the average price is $346/ounce.

4.     Iowa, $362/ounce.There's hundreds of miles of Interstate 80 in Nebraska sitting between pot producing Colorado and the Iowa border, and it's even further from the West Coast. Those highway patrolmen lurking like vultures along the route help ensure that Iowans pay a premium for their pot.

5. 6.     Pennsylvania and South Dakota, $360/ounce.The two states have little in common except for the high price of weed. South Dakota suffers from the same marijuana malaise as neighboring North Dakota and Iowa, while the Keystone State is just paying slightly higher than typical East Coast prices, which are mostly in the $340 to $350 range, except for Rhode Island ($314) and Maine ($305).

http://www.alternet.org/drugs/6-states-most-outrageously-high-pot-prices

AMeanOne

• TGL XxElitexX
Re: The 6 States With the Most Outrageously High Pot Prices
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 12:05:30 AM »
South Dakota reppin lol. I guess some people around here pay that, but i havent paid prices like that for a few years.

mattynugs

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 12:13:07 AM »
Pennsylvania isnt expensive at all. but i guess it all goes by who you know.

Galaxy Admin

• Administrator
  • TGL Ethnobotanist
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 01:07:55 AM »
Veromnt? Wrong.

where are these fools getting their information? Vermont has some of the best organic trees for very little. Its not called the Green Mountain state for nothing.
It feels good to be running from the devil
Another breath and I'm up another level
It feels good to be up above the clouds
It feels good for the first time in a long time now

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 03:08:23 AM »
Veromnt? Wrong.

where are these fools getting their information? Vermont has some of the best organic trees for very little. Its not called the Green Mountain state for nothing.

Fucken reporters just make up shit, anyhow it seems that way

mrwiggles

• TGL Elite
  • TGL PhD
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 11:31:21 AM »
I have seen prices anywhere from $250-$350 an oz. All depends on who you know.

KratomToke

• Administrator
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 11:37:59 AM »
 :goodpost :goodpost :ineeddrugs :ineeddrugs

Well then I won't buy weed in those states!!!! not cool having weed prices so high, got to bring them prices down!!! yep!!!

mattynugs

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2015, 08:01:37 PM »
I have seen prices anywhere from $250-$350 an oz. All depends on who you know.
those prices are still too high. you need to know a grower or someone else. i can get Arizona mids which are high end almost look like nugs but i gotta travel 50 miles for only 60 an oz and cheaper if i buy weight. traveling with lbs BUGS me out

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal