Author Topic: Tennessee Introduces Bill to Legalize “Casual Exchanges” of Marijuana  (Read 224 times)

Galaxy Admin

• Administrator
  • TGL Ethnobotanist
Legislators in Tennessee have introduced two bills that would legalize the possession and “casual exchange” of a half ounce of cannabis.

The “partner” bills, SB1211 and HB0873, would effectively decriminalize minor marijuana possession in Tennessee. If validated, the law would go into effect July 1.

Currently, possession of under a half ounce in Tennessee can result in a $250 fine and a year in jail. Needless to say, this change in policy would be a welcome sight for Tennesseans and begin to progress one of America’s more conservative cannabis states.

The bills, sponsored by Republican Harold Love and Senator Jeff Yarbro (both of Nashville), would also change the punishment for “possession, casual exchange, or distribution” of over an ounce of cannabis from a felony to a misdemeanor and reduce that fine from $5,000 to $100. The bill would not, however, legalize hash or extracted material, commonly known as “dabs.”

The language of “casual exchange” appears somewhat vague, but seems to make non-monetary weed “donations” (exchanges) legal. In other words, if you give an ounce of weed to a friend for a video game, you’re abiding the law.

While Tennessee law allows cannabis oil for severe illnesses like epilepsy, patients in need cannot legally access the substance–and one three-year-old, epileptic child has already consequentially died.
It feels good to be running from the devil
Another breath and I'm up another level
It feels good to be up above the clouds
It feels good for the first time in a long time now

• TGL Artisan
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Legalize POT !
Tennessee is a nice place. NO state taxes. Great weather. Low cost of living. I once lived near Memphis for 5 years and then 5 years in a little town 70 miles east of Nashville at the edge of the Cumberland Plateau.  Moved away from there about 10 years ago. Sorta miss the place now.
Memphis had some nasty good strip joints. Worth every dollar tip.... well back in the day it was.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 10:36:51 PM by 1954 »

KratomToke

• Administrator
  • TGL XxElitexX
Yeah it might be nice, but with NO KRATOM being legal in Tennessee , had to choose a different state!!!!

:goodpost

Uruk-High

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
Great news on MJ, but, yeah, what the hell is up with no kratom in Ten?

They must be worried about those guys growing the new synthetic kratom strains. You know, the same guys that were also growing those synthetic marijuana strains that are causing all of the trouble.

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
This sounds so neighborly, I wish I could just trade my crappy weed to my neighbors
   just joking, I don't have any crappy weed
But if I did, it would be great to just trade it off to some suck, I mean neighbor

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal