Author Topic: US National Cancer Institute Now Lists Cannabis as Effective Cancer Treatment  (Read 589 times)

spicer

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
Well since the entire supplement industry is not at all regulated, you are putting all your trust into the company that they sell what's advertised. However I'd think after years of daily extract use (mixed in with some whole root too), there would be some noticeable problems. I have a lot of supplements, the ones I take daily and not sporadically are: fish/black seed oil, vitamin d3, turmeric & extract, usually magnesium glycinate. This is only the daily supplement regime, and doesn't include chronic kratom use and other periods of time where I took other drugs. I get full panel tests every year and my liver had not a single abornomality.

I'd recommend if you take anything for long periods of time, regardless of drugs, herbal formulations, or supplements, to include a supplement called n-acetylcysteine(NAC). It's a powerful antixoidant liver protector. Acetaminophen is nortoriously toxic, and can cause liver damage in chronic use and acute toxic doses, and  NAC is used to reverse the effects of an acute overdose of acetaminophen.

You have to be sure you're buying high quality aryurvedic/indian herbal supplements because there has been studies showing that they are often contiminated with high levels of heavy metals. See here:

http://www.maneyonline.com/doi/abs/10.1179/2049396715Y.0000000009

Background:

Use of alternative medications and herbal remedies is widespread in the United States and across the globe. These traditional medications can be contaminated with toxic metals. Despite several case reports of poisoning from such contamination, the epidemiological data are still limited.
Objectives:

To report on a cluster of lead and mercury toxicity cases in 2011 among a community of adherents of traditional medical practice of Ayurveda.
Methods:

Adherents of Ayurveda were offered heavy metals screening following the identification of the index case.
Results:

Forty-six of 115 participants (40%) had elevated blood lead levels (BLLs) of 10 μg/dl or above, with 9.6% of BLLs at or above 50 μg/dl.
Conclusions:

This is the largest cluster of lead and mercury toxicity following use of Ayurvedic supplements described in the literature in the US. Contamination of herbal products is a public health issue of global significance. There are few regulations addressing contamination of “natural” products or supplements.

This was a recent study and Im pretty sure there have been others done with similar results. Be careful with the unregulated industry!

avoca

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Compassion, fuckwads!
These lead levels ------ another good reason to buy from Meridian Botanicals IMO.  I will not worry over the price since they're guarding us all against shitty material / adulterated material etc. This convinces me to use them nearly exclusively.
And if you see your mom this weekend, tell her I said
Satan Satan Satan Satan

Simonsays

• TGL Elite
  • TGL Master
  • still your passenger
These lead levels ------ another good reason to buy from Meridian Botanicals IMO.  I will not worry over the price since they're guarding us all against shitty material / adulterated material etc. This convinces me to use them nearly exclusively.

I concur!  I love Meridian Botanicals.  :rock:
I've been crawling on my belly
 Clearing out what could've been.
 I've been wallowing in my own chaotic
 And insecure delusions.

I wanna feel the change consume me,
 Feel the outside turning in.
 I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
 Cleansing I've endured within
                    46x2- Tool

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal