Author Topic: Any experiences with Kanna (Sceletium tortuosum)?  (Read 2156 times)

JustSayin

• TGL Kratomologist
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • I get knocked down, but I get up again!
Any experiences with Kanna (Sceletium tortuosum)?
« on: May 12, 2014, 09:59:09 PM »
A little curious as I see this one around on lots of ethnobotanical sites. I see most people go with Kava over this, or is that not a fair comparison?
Life is The realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own—an epic story that continues invisibly around you like an anthill sprawling deep underground, with elaborate passageways to thousands of other lives that you’ll never know existed

the hellion

• TGL XxElitexX
Re: Any experiences with Kanna (Sceletium tortuosum)?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 11:14:28 PM »
Kanna was ok when I tried it. Only ordered once. Got white leaf and a 10X extract. Smoked the leaf and mostly snorted the extract. Definite mood lift. And the time I mixed snorting the extract then snorting bath salts was unbelievable euphoria!! Lol. That's for another story though
Abduction means the end for me, a million years of misery...

KratomToke

• Administrator
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 11:47:25 PM »
I have also smoked Kanna Leaf before, It was strange from what I remember. I also toss and washed it. Snorted it a couple times powder, not extract, that I can remember!

Kanna is not like Kava , it's on it's own. Mood enhancement! Uhm, But I like Kava better!

:goodpost

the hellion

• TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 12:09:32 AM »
I have also smoked Kanna Leaf before, It was strange from what I remember. I also toss and washed it. Snorted it a couple times powder, not extract, that I can remember!

Kanna is not like Kava , it's on it's own. Mood enhancement! Uhm, But I like Kava better!

Abduction means the end for me, a million years of misery...

avoca

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Compassion, fuckwads!
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 01:21:36 AM »
I would put small half gram pinches in buccal.  Gives eNuf energy to make me try it At work. But it was a bit too active for me at my job.  Mentally.  I know that description is clear as mud but it's been a awhile.

I liked the energy so much I tried closer to 2 grams, at home,  anOther day, and got nauseous.

It has since basically gone untouched. Probably cuz I kratom, kava. But it's worth a try. Snorting was definitely energizing but so strange with herbal throat drips. But it doesn't burn like other drips.
And if you see your mom this weekend, tell her I said
Satan Satan Satan Satan

Uruk-High

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 08:09:23 AM »
I've tried Kanna a few times, and it is definitely an interesting plant. Had both a fermented powder and some rough cut. I've only smoked it, and mixed it with MJ more often than not. It adds a distinct euphoria bump to the buzz, which is nice. Will also give you a decent little buzz on it's own, but nothing earth shattering. I'm with Avoca on this one. Kanna was OK, but Kratom and Kava are much better, imho.

tibeirious

• Starship Admiral
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
  • ex head of security cast a way..and forgotten
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 03:04:21 PM »
I made some blends with Kanna leaf once, at first it was awesome..but later the euphoria built up and made me all antsy..lol it was awesome..i had the snuggles..lol

Put the Powder in a Gel cap and take a few every morning , very nice. uplifting with a cup of coffee.

House

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL PhD
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2016, 11:01:48 PM »
A pinch in my lip with always give me brighter colors, and a brighter mood. I forgot about this one, and we'll have to do some experiments soon. It has been a few years. Probably over 5 years. It was one of the better ones I tried.

"Yeah, I've seen some weird shit"

D3Dman

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • May your pipe always be full.
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2016, 10:43:46 PM »
If anyone comes up with some kanna they really like post a link and details. I'm curious.
"You can't buy happiness... but you can buy weed, which is pretty close."

KratomToke

• Administrator
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2016, 12:44:20 PM »
Think I am going to have some Kanna tomorrow. After I do I will write up a post.

ÂçïÐ_Rëƒlü×®

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2016, 12:51:37 PM »
if you are taking any SSRI's stay away from Kana till you are clean.

Uruk-High

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2016, 09:20:13 AM »
Isn't kanna supposed to seriously enhance an MJ buzz? Or maybe I'm thinking of something different...

It will definitely enhance a MJ buzz, but I found that I wasn't compelled to do it a lot. Kratom + MJ is much nicer, IMHO. :Smokey:

Definitely heed Acid's warning about SSRIs, too. Kanna + SSRIs can cause significant problems.

tibeirious

• Starship Admiral
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
  • ex head of security cast a way..and forgotten
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2016, 03:36:24 PM »
it is an excellent potentiator of Mary and Kratom and other goodies...

i took 100 mg a day for a month in hopes of putting a dent in my depression , but unfortunately it triggered bad anxiety waves that really hurt.

when used on an occasional basis it is awesome...but builds up with constant use.

tolerance build up is my enemy on so many fronts  :14_6_12: :joybob: :bear:  dance you fucking bear dance like a damn bannana ! :dance

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal