Author Topic: Are these babys ready for a clone cutting?  (Read 434 times)

djpinito

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Shaman
    • Silly 4 Me
Are these babys ready for a clone cutting?
« on: January 10, 2016, 03:09:38 PM »
Wanted to know some opinions on these chicks here. I fimmed both and they got 4 main colas, I wanted to take a clone cutting from each because I have to give them away. Do you think I can take a main cola off and successfully clone em?

For some funny shit, visit and like
https://www.facebook.com/silly4me/videos

GrindCandy

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL XxElitexX
Re: Are these babys ready for a clone cutting?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 04:20:09 PM »
In all honestly them plants look stunted to hell and really small. If you clone a plant when its stunted the clone will also be stunted and never return to normal. I rem having like 30 clones sitting in cups to long and they stunted and they never grew like the moms. All honestly id throw then plants away. I've never bothered taking clones until a plant was like a foot tall and was healthy and had good cuttings. I dont see and potential cuttings from something small and in solo cups.

Galaxy Admin

• Administrator
  • TGL Ethnobotanist
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 04:29:32 PM »
In all honestly them plants look stunted to hell and really small. If you clone a plant when its stunted the clone will also be stunted and never return to normal. I rem having like 30 clones sitting in cups to long and they stunted and they never grew like the moms. All honestly id throw then plants away. I've never bothered taking clones until a plant was like a foot tall and was healthy and had good cuttings. I dont see and potential cuttings from something small and in solo cups.

truth  :jay:
It feels good to be running from the devil
Another breath and I'm up another level
It feels good to be up above the clouds
It feels good for the first time in a long time now

Akitsu

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 05:07:13 PM »
If these are grow box plants, they're gonna be stunted no matter what.  My advice is to do what you gotta do... if they're going away it's better to have a stunted clone than nada.  That said, if you got time I would wait a bit more.

GrindCandy

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 05:12:14 PM »
If these are grow box plants, they're gonna be stunted no matter what.  My advice is to do what you gotta do... if they're going away it's better to have a stunted clone than nada.  That said, if you got time I would wait a bit more.

stunted plants tend to get flimsy yield and all that will be low. Why would you waste your time with bullshit. When same amount of time you can start fresh and have better plants. Its not like his plants are a foot or so tall and healthy looking. There already in bad shape and in cloneing stage will be worse. There's a difference between a stunted plant and a small plant.

djpinito

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Shaman
    • Silly 4 Me
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2016, 05:16:39 PM »
TBH, the plants have been stunted and kept small with some lst and toppings. It's a small grow box so have to work the plants to be a bit bonsai'd out. Trust me if i had the space to grow bigger it would have been done. I got a bunch of feminised seeds, just wanted to take a cutting or two to see if it would work with mini plants.

Also was thinking about trying out the solo cup challenge a this time. Dont hate on my modified chicks bro, lol. She got short and bushy on purpose.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 05:18:22 PM by djpinito »

djpinito

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Shaman
    • Silly 4 Me
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2016, 06:35:20 PM »
Took 2 cuttings dipped in clonex gel. hoping for success.

Akitsu

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2016, 06:36:15 PM »
 Yeah, I recognized the signs of your grow the minute I saw them.  :)  Stunted plants might not produce the same, but they do produce.  Tell your chicks they're beautiful just the way they are.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal