Author Topic: my family and I need help locating a decent used car.  (Read 1420 times)

toy

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL XxElitexX
my family and I need help locating a decent used car.
« on: May 13, 2016, 09:32:07 AM »
The engine blew IN My Wife's  2005 KIA Sadona it only had 104000 miles on it so that was a big loss for us .We only have one car now financing  it and just barley paid off the van a few years ago.the wife doesn't  think we can afford to finance another car so we have to use our income tax money to buy a used car. We could really use that money for other things trust me.  We ended up saling  the van to our next Door Neighbor For 300 he's a mechanic .We Have About 2500 To 3000 To Spend On A Usedcar.I've been looking on Craigs list in Columbus  Ohio  area haven't found  one yet thuogh.I could really use your  guys help.if you  get bord and need something to kill some time  please  go Craigs list help me find a family  car for me my wife and kids.  :flamer: I've  been looking in the mornings  and evenings  with no luck yet.figured if some one saw a decent car on there  you all could just pm me the link I 'll  get the email on my  phone that I just was sent a pm on tgl .this would really  help me out I can check my emails on my phone at work and respond  to  the Craigslist  links you guys send me.these cars don't last long on Craigslist  list now days.this wold help me out  big time. The sooner we get a car the better.I work fist the wife second I drop her off and she caches a ride home when her friend works on the same day
 other wise she has to cach  the bus home and walk a decent  distance from the bus stop to get home.I would let her keep the car  but no one lives by me that I work with plus I drive my seven year  old to his bus stop in the morning and my 16 year old to school if he misses  his bus or if it doesn't  show .thanks for all your help in advance  guys
 :passing-joint:

« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 01:11:24 PM by Swisha »

toy

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL XxElitexX
Re: my family and I need help locating a decent used car.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 09:47:00 AM »
I just saw this low miles.see that's another down fall I have I don't know shit about  what's good and bad now days.

toy

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL XxElitexX

toy

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 09:57:08 AM »
I left a measage waiting  to hear back

toy

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 10:22:36 AM »
 Herrs another option I'm looking at
https://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/5583950488.html

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 05:54:58 PM »
I think you will be sorry if you buy the Lexus. I work next door to a mercedes/european car repair
place and those luxury cars are bad, bad news when it comes time to fix them. The 2092 chrysler
on the other hand sounds very futuristic, I hope you will consider putting a couple hundred towards
paying a mechanic to really check out the vehicle Before you buy it. Afterwards is too late

Also, just a note, if you go to see the vehicle and you find it is in front of an auto mechanic--Run Away
My Dad is a mechanic and many times, when the car is on it's last legs, the seller pays the mechanic
to sell it for him.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 05:58:07 PM by jones »

KratomToke

• Administrator
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 06:06:47 PM »
I have owned A Honda Accord in 2011 over 240,000 miles, ran like a dream paid $1800.00 it was a 1990

I have owned A Nissan Sentra 1988? Or around this year paid around $2,200.00 ran great for a few years, it was a 5 speed had to have clutch work done and that's about it

ALSO Ford F150 pickups  , older 1977, a 1997, and a 1998 I have now, these trucks are great, if you find an older F150 they are great trucks

Well These are the 3 Ideas I have for your price range, well the F150 maybe around $3000 for an older one

Hope this helps TOY!

If you can find a Mecury Couger 2001 or 2002, I had this car in Alaska, this car was awesome!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 06:21:03 PM by KratomToke »

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2016, 06:17:34 PM »
You can call the Kiwanis Club, out here they often get cars donated, when old folks croak.
They usually sell them below market and these are usually in very good condition (614) 738-0069

The Kiwanis club down the street had a really nice cadillac with under 80,000 mi for 2,500
I wanted it real bad, but I already have 4 vehicles...

orthene

• Administrator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2016, 06:43:33 PM »
I have owned A Honda Accord in 2011 over 240,000 miles, ran like a dream paid $1800.00 it was a 1990

I have owned A Nissan Sentra 1988? Or around this year paid around $2,200.00 ran great for a few years, it was a 5 speed had to have clutch work done and that's about it

ALSO Ford F150 pickups  , older 1977, a 1997, and a 1998 I have now, these trucks are great, if you find an older F150 they are great trucks

Well These are the 3 Ideas I have for your price range, well the F150 maybe around $3000 for an older one

Hope this helps TOY!

If you can find a Mecury Couger 2001 or 2002, I had this car in Alaska, this car was awesome!
My daughter, mom, and myself all have Honda CRV's; 2006, 2008, and 2010 respectively. Easy to maintain, reliable and maintain their value. Bought mine and my daughter's used and relatively cheap. Also have family members with F150s and they are highly rated as trucks go. Just find a good deal and have a mechanic check it out before buying if used. I have a Consumer Reports subscription and these two models always seem to get good marks in all categories.
Sail and grow
Deep inside
The brave align
Green we stay

-Boss Keloid Lung Valley

toy

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2016, 07:40:19 AM »
Thanks for all the recamendations guys I really  really appreciate  them all :thumbup:

toy

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2016, 09:12:57 AM »

https://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/5586109713.html
Well here's  the car I ended up finding We make the transaction  at the DMV tomorrow. I guess the guys brother is a dealer . Here's the text I had him send me so I can show my wife.

toy

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2016, 09:14:23 AM »
 No worries, on Monday we will complete the paperwork from the dealership which consists of purchase order, odometer statement, I'll walk into the BMV run the title into your name pay the tax and give you the title and you then pay for the car.  Right next to the title bureau at Morris rd is the tag office where you can go in and get your permanent tags.  The office/dealership is Auto financial Llc.  If she has any questions or concerns feel free to have her call me.

toy

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2016, 09:22:26 AM »
I met the guy at kroger grocery  store parking lot this morning.once I said I wanted to buy it and that i had the casb he told me his brother is a dealer and that the car is actually coming from a dealer and that we have to go to BMV to complete paper work and transaction.  I paid the dude 60 for deposit to hold it and so he knows I'm serious  and does not  sale it to some one else.
What  do you guys think?I think it's a pretty decent deal.

avoca

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Compassion, fuckwads!
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2016, 10:09:26 AM »
just any part of it turns fishy you know what to do  :jay:

good luck man!!!!  i think id rather have a car than a place to live [having no kids i can say that]
And if you see your mom this weekend, tell her I said
Satan Satan Satan Satan

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2016, 04:57:41 PM »
I see a lot of unhappy people on court TV who didn't take their car to a mechanic before they buy it.
Then the judge is always asking them "what did you think that paper you signed that says 'No Warranty' means?"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal