Author Topic: Root of Valeriana officinalis (Valerian root) GOOD STUFF  (Read 1295 times)

Dashneo

• TGL Elite
  • TGL Master
Root of Valeriana officinalis (Valerian root) GOOD STUFF
« on: April 02, 2013, 08:14:59 PM »
Who has used valerian root before? How does it compare to other sleep aids or relaxing herbs?

I have tried it and it's VERY relaxing. It actually puts me in a different headspace altogether! I literally feel high from it for some reason. There is a noticeable change in color perception and sleepy relaxed sedation. It's hard to describe but it's more than just a sleep aid. I'm guessing it's relaxing effects and visual changes are caused by the GABA activity of the active ingredient.

Now, valerian root smells like stinky socks so I made an extract of 2 ounces and scraped up the goo. I then mixed some sugar in to make the goo malleable and to make sure it doesn't stick to everything (the extract is one sticky sob). Then I pop one sugar/extract ball with a diameter of about 1/4 an inch (since I can't think of anything to compare the size to lol). I HIGHLY recommend this to insomniacs; hell, it might even ease withdrawal symptoms of some drugs with it's sedating effects. Let me know your experiences!

Some day I hope to send some of you a few of my extracts to try out. This is one of the ones I want to share with everyone, the effects are just so profound for me.

Winning

Re: Root of Valeriana officinalis (Valerian root) GOOD STUFF
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 08:34:40 PM »
Sounds good.

R

Re: Root of Valeriana officinalis (Valerian root) GOOD STUFF
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 08:52:53 PM »
It does work, and yes, it tastes and smells awful.  I prefer gelcaps of extracts.  Lobeline and valeraine extract formulations are available in caps and are nice together for sedative effects.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal