Author Topic: Greggary Peccary Frank Zappa  (Read 485 times)

jbmac

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
  • Don't Date Robots!
Greggary Peccary Frank Zappa
« on: September 05, 2016, 02:07:02 PM »

Very interesting, great song
Don't Date Robots! The world is trained to ignore everything unless it comes from the church, their TV, celebrities, or the media.

JustSayin

• TGL Kratomologist
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • I get knocked down, but I get up again!
Re: Greggary Peccary Frank Zappa
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 04:29:23 PM »
To misquote Tony Soprano's comment to Silvio (Little aka Miami Steven Van Zandt) "You're getting to be a very strange man in your old age jbmac"
Life is The realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own—an epic story that continues invisibly around you like an anthill sprawling deep underground, with elaborate passageways to thousands of other lives that you’ll never know existed

orthene

• Administrator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 07:35:50 PM »
I like a lot of the earlier Zappa stuff; Gumbo Variations is one of my favorites.

The early 70's matl with George Duke, Jean-Luc Ponty, and Ian Underwood is really good. Waka Jawaka and The Grand Wazoo feature a lot of great jazz influence.
Sail and grow
Deep inside
The brave align
Green we stay

-Boss Keloid Lung Valley

jbmac

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
  • Don't Date Robots!
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 12:35:28 PM »
The lyrics for this song are great, how the piggy invents the calendar and enabled everyone to figure out how old they were which pissed them off
Don't Date Robots! The world is trained to ignore everything unless it comes from the church, their TV, celebrities, or the media.

JustSayin

• TGL Kratomologist
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • I get knocked down, but I get up again!
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 05:02:09 PM »
Zappa was one of a kind
Life is The realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own—an epic story that continues invisibly around you like an anthill sprawling deep underground, with elaborate passageways to thousands of other lives that you’ll never know existed

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal