Author Topic: Chris Christie and Rudy Giuliani, and what they mean for legal marijuana  (Read 428 times)

ÂçïÐ_Rëƒlü×®

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
By The Cannabist Staff

Ponder these names: Chris Christie and Rudy Giuliani.

Are these names more dangerous for the cannabis legalization movement than that of Donald Trump?

A new reality for legal weed
Real talk: What’s next for U.S. marijuana industry under President Trump?

Weed news and interviews: Get podcasts of The Cannabist Show.

Subscribe to our newsletter here.

Watch The Cannabist Show.

Peruse our Cannabist-themed merchandise (T’s, hats, hoodies) at Cannabist Shop.

“It’s certainly a reason to be concerned about a Trump administration,” Taylor West, deputy director of the National Cannabis Industry Association, said on this week’s Cannabist Show. “While Donald Trump has been sometimes supportive, sometimes not, sometimes falling in between on marijuana issues, Chris Christie has been pretty darn clear about where he stands — and it’s not been favorable to the industry.”

Marijuana industry attorney Brian Vicente, a partner at Denver-based law firm Vicente Sederberg, noted that Christie could have shut down New Jersey’s still-growing medical marijuana program if he wanted to — but he didn’t.

“At the end of the day, even Christie and Giuliani can probably read a poll,” Vicente said, pointing not only to legalization’s big day at the polls on Nov. 8, 2016, but also the most recent national polls that show 63 percent of Americans supporting legal marijuana.

Watch the full interview — with West, Vicente and Cannabist editor Ricardo Baca —  (see link below for full interview)

http://www.thecannabist.co/2016/11/10/chris-christie-rudy-guilani-marijuana-legalization/67310/

3V1L9371U5

• TGL OverLord
  • TGL XxElitexX
Re: Chris Christie and Rudy Giuliani, and what they mean for legal marijuana
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 03:47:40 PM »
Headline: Trump Dumps Christie

"STUPID THUG HAD TO GO"

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/trump-dumps-christ-post/2016/11/13/id/758606/
...like a hot fucking potato.  Dropped him so hard, that shit *had* to hurt.  :bus:

Looks like basically he just kept him around long enough to secure whatever chunk of NJ RINO voting demographic he might pull in.

Which is a bit of a relief, from our perspective.  He was probably the most anti-MJ of any incoming potential power-wielder, and now he's a discarded non-factor.

Giuliani is somewhat troublesome, from an MJ standpoint.  I *did not* care for that man's policy when he was in office.  That being said, I think he's a hell of a guy.  He was down in the streets trying to help his people on 9/11, I remember that very clearly and it made a lasting impression of his character upon me.  Maybe not even someone I like, per se, but worthy of a modicum of respect.

Ultimately, the Don did say he would let states decide.  We'll see if he sticks to that.  My great hope, if forced to share one, would be that Trump sees the potential money America could make on MJ and support legalization as one leg of a greater overall economic stimulus plan. 

Honestly...I would think it pretty foolish not to, but this is our government we're discussing... :rollingonasslaughing:

JustSayin

• TGL Kratomologist
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • I get knocked down, but I get up again!
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 04:01:57 PM »
Good Day to you sir. I SAID GOOD DAY!  :goodpost
Life is The realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own—an epic story that continues invisibly around you like an anthill sprawling deep underground, with elaborate passageways to thousands of other lives that you’ll never know existed

KratomToke

• Administrator
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 11:32:59 AM »
 :goodpost :weed-sign:

yeah Christie denied a couple who lived in New Jersey the right for their child to be on CBD/THC combo. The kid had major seizures.

Now I don't think Christie will play a big role in MJ being legal. I hope he does not play a role!

I think once more states make it legal Trump will leave it alone, well I think he will!

FREE DA WEED

ÂçïÐ_Rëƒlü×®

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 04:34:42 PM »

I think once more states make it legal Trump will leave it alone, well I think he will!

We have 8 and DC now plus 27 MMJ states. How many will it take?

orthene

• Administrator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 02:37:13 PM »
I am not sure if I read it correctly this morning, but I believe Christie and all his appointees have been axed from Trump's transition team. I think this springs from the Bridgegate debacle.
Sail and grow
Deep inside
The brave align
Green we stay

-Boss Keloid Lung Valley

mrwiggles

• TGL Elite
  • TGL PhD
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2016, 08:49:52 PM »
I am not sure if I read it correctly this morning, but I believe Christie and all his appointees have been axed from Trump's transition team. I think this springs from the Bridgegate debacle.

Good. Fuck Christie. Not a single person in NJ likes him.

House

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL PhD
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2016, 11:01:10 PM »
Those guys should start an asshole club.. for assholes.

"Yeah, I've seen some weird shit"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal