Author Topic: Trump Picks Marijuana Opponent for Attorney General -- Sen. Jeff Sessions  (Read 2053 times)

Uruk-High

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
Re: Trump Picks Marijuana Opponent for Attorney General -- Sen. Jeff Sessions
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2016, 08:52:33 AM »
I got to say I would burn one with any planeteer no questions.  Until you flip out like time bomb hahaha

Jones, Uruk, thanks guys, I am glad for all yuns, JS I'm not sure you could possibly piss me off.  WhoopWhoop for this crazy melting pot lounge I am addicted

I'd burn one with you anytime, Avoca. I've burned with folks from all over the spectrum, and I've had many a heated debate on numerous topics when doing so. Depends on the individual how far that goes... :Smokey:

And I've generally appreciated the passion that I've encountered in those discussions, btw. Doesn't matter necessarily what the opinion is, but I get really bored with folks that have no fire. I also loathe closed-minded folks. I tend to shut down conversations with folks that lead off with, "Well, you'll never change my mind, and I'll never change yours..." - WTF! If we're not willing to listen to opinions with an open mind, then why have a conversation in the first place? I've changed significantly over the years based on what I've learned, and folks that try to put me in one dogmatic box or another will be sorely disappointed. Knowing for sure that our opinion is the right one before hearing out alternate opinions is one of the most dangerous concepts Americans have going right now.

And now for the morning wake and bake... :steamroller

avoca

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Compassion, fuckwads!
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2016, 08:54:19 AM »
...Even if you are a crusty old opinionated bastard like I think anyone who survives past the age of reason becomes. :smokin:

You're my antihero , the only entity that causes scrapbooking to pop up in my perpetual matrix search engine
And if you see your mom this weekend, tell her I said
Satan Satan Satan Satan

orthene

• Administrator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2016, 12:41:26 PM »
Uruk , not cool buddy to attack planeteers over politics.

Emigration has not always been a universal human right. It seems most everywhere but north Korea allows it to some extent today,  but many countries do stack paperwork in the way or require exit visas etc.  It's not a given everywhere around the world that one can emigrate.

If/when trump pulls some bullshit, uruk will not pay for it personally, hopefully no planeteers would wish to throw it in your face.  Likewise discourse you don't agree with shouldn't bring us the whip.

I'll try to drop out of all political discourse here now no worries , it's not worth ruining anyone's lounging. Sorry errybody

Fair enough, and I'll apologize for being more direct with my comments towards you, Avoca. That being said, I'll go on the record and state that I certainly did not join the Planet/Lounge for political discourse. I'm just getting really sick and tired of the racist, nazi, what have you comments directed towards folks like me. They may not be directed at me personally, but I still take offense nonetheless (and therefore feel compelled to react.) I would suggest that such comments are one of the many significant reasons that Trump won, and folks on the other side of the fence should think long and hard about the value of focusing on identity politics as a strategy in the long term.

And now I'll shut up on the subject. What's done is done, and what will be will be.
I have lots of time to read, so I do read a lot of election related articles with the subsequent discussion-board threads. There are a few names/labels that make me skip posts in the threads because these posts tend to be more based on emotion than facts. Here are some: Nazi, fascist, libturd, Republitard, Democraps, etc. Also, statements like "You libs are going to lose your 'free ride', welfare, Medicaid, Medicare, blah blah blah. Now you're gonna have to work for a living....welfare recipients sell their food stamps for drugs" I think those comments bother me as I am disabled and on a fixed income thanks to an injury. Not every liberal is lazy and on public assistance, nor are all Republicans rich, white, and racist. I would love to go back to work, make a livable paycheck, and make a better life for my family (like I did for the 34 years or so before my injury). Everybody is different, and it only hurts us to paint groups of people with such a broad brush stroke. And for folks that believe that SS and Medicare are the good life (with lots of money for recreational substances), I can assure you that they are not the golden ticket.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 12:43:01 PM by orthene »
Sail and grow
Deep inside
The brave align
Green we stay

-Boss Keloid Lung Valley

Uruk-High

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2016, 05:19:29 PM »
Uruk , not cool buddy to attack planeteers over politics.

Emigration has not always been a universal human right. It seems most everywhere but north Korea allows it to some extent today,  but many countries do stack paperwork in the way or require exit visas etc.  It's not a given everywhere around the world that one can emigrate.

If/when trump pulls some bullshit, uruk will not pay for it personally, hopefully no planeteers would wish to throw it in your face.  Likewise discourse you don't agree with shouldn't bring us the whip.

I'll try to drop out of all political discourse here now no worries , it's not worth ruining anyone's lounging. Sorry errybody

Fair enough, and I'll apologize for being more direct with my comments towards you, Avoca. That being said, I'll go on the record and state that I certainly did not join the Planet/Lounge for political discourse. I'm just getting really sick and tired of the racist, nazi, what have you comments directed towards folks like me. They may not be directed at me personally, but I still take offense nonetheless (and therefore feel compelled to react.) I would suggest that such comments are one of the many significant reasons that Trump won, and folks on the other side of the fence should think long and hard about the value of focusing on identity politics as a strategy in the long term.

And now I'll shut up on the subject. What's done is done, and what will be will be.
I have lots of time to read, so I do read a lot of election related articles with the subsequent discussion-board threads. There are a few names/labels that make me skip posts in the threads because these posts tend to be more based on emotion than facts. Here are some: Nazi, fascist, libturd, Republitard, Democraps, etc. Also, statements like "You libs are going to lose your 'free ride', welfare, Medicaid, Medicare, blah blah blah. Now you're gonna have to work for a living....welfare recipients sell their food stamps for drugs" I think those comments bother me as I am disabled and on a fixed income thanks to an injury. Not every liberal is lazy and on public assistance, nor are all Republicans rich, white, and racist. I would love to go back to work, make a livable paycheck, and make a better life for my family (like I did for the 34 years or so before my injury). Everybody is different, and it only hurts us to paint groups of people with such a broad brush stroke. And for folks that believe that SS and Medicare are the good life (with lots of money for recreational substances), I can assure you that they are not the golden ticket.

:goodpost

Very well said, Orthene! What a day it would be if Americans could leave their emotions at the door and use the logical side of their brains for a change.

JustSayin

• TGL Kratomologist
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • I get knocked down, but I get up again!
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2016, 05:31:20 PM »
Well said orthene. I have known many people who are legitimately disabled or have need of public assistance programs and every last one of them gets angry over being lumped in with the deadbeats that commit fraud or purposely milk the systems as every last one of them would love to be off them forever. The 34 years you were working you paid into these programs anyway.

Something that royally pissed me off lately was reading the opposition to student loan forgiveness programs as if anyone who qualifies is trying to get off without paying. You must pay a minimum of 10 years without interruption even if you qualify. So basically you still paid back the loan, only some of the the interest is forgiven. I was forced to take student loans to keep my career going and now I owe more a month than the mortgage on my house. So for me it basically it equates to carrying a second mortgage that is more than your first. And will be paying the rest of my life. its a rigged game with the government holding all the cards so a big FUCK YOU to anyone opposed to teachers, social workers and other grossly underpaid folks working for non-profits having loan forgiveness. Even opposing Income based repayment plans? WTF. Read that - it is based on the fact your job doesn't pay a crap load. Good paying jobs are so hard to come by there's so much competition for decent full-time positions anymore. WHO are these people that are so high and mighty about it? I suspect many are trust fund assholes or the like. Whoever believes they are getting off easy has their head up their ass so far their breathe smells like shit. You can't get student loans discharged through bankruptcy either.
Life is The realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own—an epic story that continues invisibly around you like an anthill sprawling deep underground, with elaborate passageways to thousands of other lives that you’ll never know existed

orthene

• Administrator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2016, 12:09:03 PM »
Everytime I read about the loan forgiveness, I hear what you have been hearing -that applying for it makes one a deadbeat. Some people seem to be unable to put themselves in others shoes. They seem to envision slackers faking injuries to skirt an obligation. What the same people don't realize is that the government scrutinizes each application, because they are quite aware that scammers exist; everyone is a potential scammer until proof is submitted.

I was quite fortunate; my student loans were forgiven in total due to permanent disability. I contacted FedLoan and told them about my injury and disability approval from Soc. Security. Just had to provide proof, which was mostly copies of correspondence with SS. And after about 6 months, I got the letter stating my loans were forgiven. There are a few stipulations; one is that you will be permanently disabled for at least 3 years after the date of disability. Any employment in those next 3 years causes the loan to be reinstated in full.  I don't think a lot of people know about forgiveness due to perm. disability. I only found out because I was actively seeking a solution for the loans with my income dropping to the size of a SS check.
Sail and grow
Deep inside
The brave align
Green we stay

-Boss Keloid Lung Valley

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal