Author Topic: Congress Approves Creation of Commission Designed to Examine Alternatives to the  (Read 498 times)

ÂçïÐ_Rëƒlü×®

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
Drug War!

Obama may be our hero at the end of his presidency after all. He is expected to sign this.

Legislation to establish a Drug Policy Commission to examine alternative approaches to the failed drug war has passed Congress.

The Western Hemisphere Drug Policy Commission Act (H.R. 1812), introduced by Representative Eliot L. Engel (D- NY), was included as part of the Department of State Authorities Act (S. 1635), which passed the Senate on Friday. It now heads to President Obama’s desk for final consideration; he’s expected to sign it into law.
“I thank my colleagues in the House and Senate for joining me in sending the Western Hemisphere Drug Policy Commission to President Obama’s desk”, says Representative Engel. “Over the last few decades, we’ve spent billions and billions of taxpayer dollars on counternarcotics programs in Latin America and the Caribbean. The Western Hemisphere Drug Policy Commission will force us to take a fresh look at our drug policy and make sure we have the best strategy moving forward.”
Engel continues; “We need to have an honest assessment of what has worked and what has failed as we consider how to spend our counternarcotics dollars in the future. With heroin use on the rise, our children deserve no less than a fair evaluation of our drug policy.”
According to a press release from Engel’s office, the Western Hemisphere Drug Policy Commission will be; “an independent U.S. government commission that will evaluate American drug policies and programs in Latin America and the Caribbean; assess which efforts are succeeding and which are not; and make recommendations to the President and Congress on future counternarcotics policies.”

This is congress getting directly involved as to whether the war on drugs has failed or is still effective. We know how they feel after the recent DEA blunder on Kratom!

ENINEM

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
Thanks Obama

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
Thanks Obama

I'll thank him when I see the result occur

JustSayin

• TGL Kratomologist
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • I get knocked down, but I get up again!
Thanks Obama

Amen to that Jones. But when so little else gives us hope we have to stay positive
Life is The realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own—an epic story that continues invisibly around you like an anthill sprawling deep underground, with elaborate passageways to thousands of other lives that you’ll never know existed

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
Thanks Obama

Amen to that Jones. But when so little else gives us hope we have to stay positive

Perhaps a new hobby could fulfill your empty place

JustSayin

• TGL Kratomologist
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • I get knocked down, but I get up again!
well I see Chuckie Rosenberg just declared CBD oil even derived from Hemp to be Schedule 1 I hope these articles are a hoax that I see.

Folks kiss your legal MJ goodbye, medical will be the only thing if thats even allowed
Life is The realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own—an epic story that continues invisibly around you like an anthill sprawling deep underground, with elaborate passageways to thousands of other lives that you’ll never know existed

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
well I see Chuckie Rosenberg just declared CBD oil even derived from Hemp to be Schedule 1 I hope these articles are a hoax that I see.

Folks kiss your legal MJ goodbye, medical will be the only thing if thats even allowed

Seems like that old black market has been taking care of me and countless others since before the written language was invented

3V1L9371U5

• TGL OverLord
  • TGL XxElitexX

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal