Author Topic: Plan to legalize and tax cannabis launched in Switzerland  (Read 226 times)

ÂçïÐ_Rëƒlü×®

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
Plan to legalize and tax cannabis launched in Switzerland
« on: April 25, 2017, 03:05:37 PM »
A new plan to legalise cannabis has launched in Switzerland, marking the country's second push for the change within a decade.

The new initiative proposes that both cannabis production and consumption for personal use should be made legal. It recommends that its sale should be regulated and taxed by the government.

A referendum in 2008 aiming to make the drug legal for everyone failed, but those proposals did not suggest the government would be able to collect tax on it.

The new plan also stipulates that the cannabis would remain illegal for minors, whereas the old proposals did not include such restrictions.

Nine Forrer from the Legalize It group told Swiss paper Tages Anzeiger: "The ban on cannabis is wrong from a social perspective, wrong from a legal point of view and simply stupid from an economic point of view."

The group argued the change would put an end to the black market for the drug.

Plans to trial the state-controlled sale of cannabis in four cities in the country are already in motion, although the project is awaiting governmental permission.

There is also a plan to trial the sale of cannabis in pharmacies in the Swiss capital.

FDW  :weedspin

avoca

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Compassion, fuckwads!
Re: Plan to legalize and tax cannabis launched in Switzerland
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 04:20:50 PM »
I believe Canada officially legalized mid February? 

Lol, the USA is so backward, we'll be that last Western holdout... Like with our health care, college tuition etc. Not to enrage any corporate apologists, your opinions are valid as well. I just reject the corporate model.

I pray for the day a doctor can label me canni deficient cuz I'm pretty fucking sure I am!  Time to gather my gortex and head for the frozen paradise, or maybe Uruguay, Montevideo watch out! 
And if you see your mom this weekend, tell her I said
Satan Satan Satan Satan

Uruk-High

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 06:28:03 PM »
 :goodpost

Cool, I like a lot of the things that I hear about Switzerland, and then there's this. Doubt they will be able to get rid of the black market unless they set much lower expectations for tax revenue though.

Not so sure that I would jump on the Canada bandwagon just yet. They just proposed new law this month; but, as with may of the others that have legalized already, there are issues with their interpretation of 'legalized.'

Trudeau campaigned in 2015 on legalizing consumption and incidental possession, while toughening penalties for providing marijuana to minors, driving while under the influence and selling it outside the new system.

It’s led to complaints from advocates Trudeau’s system is being set up to favor the licensed producers, some of which have ties to the ruling Liberal Party. Emery, the activist, says she didn’t think the legalized market would be revolutionary.

There's that corporate thing for ya, lol - http://www.thecannabist.co/2017/04/13/canada-marijuana-legalization-legislation-unveiled/77282/

Free da weed! (and no BS - FREE IT, DAMMIT!)

:weedspin :weedspin :weedspin

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 02:40:22 AM »
Along with those little chocolate shoes, maybe they were from the Dutch

avoca

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Compassion, fuckwads!
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 11:10:08 AM »
Impaired driving, they mean extra careful driving?  Like for Canada and those States here doing similar. Seems like every study I hear about says there's no increase in accidents for stoners.
When young I got high off my tits and would think twice about driving. .. living and learning
And if you see your mom this weekend, tell her I said
Satan Satan Satan Satan

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 12:38:42 PM »
I see plenty of impaired driving every sunday and during the season when the winter visitors come to town

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal