Author Topic: How To Make The Best Soil For Marijuana  (Read 1659 times)

orthene

• Administrator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
How To Make The Best Soil For Marijuana
« on: June 27, 2017, 12:21:55 PM »
Myself and at least one other forum member are in a crossroads situation of a grow. Newbies with starter plants in a medi-cannabis grow that could be a little heartier. My experience: I used a good planting media to start, but I used an inferior potting soil and am kind of feeling the regret. This week I am going to get some premium topsoil and some vermiculite and perlite. Previously all I have done, aside from lighting, turning, and ventilation, is add some epsom salts to the soil; it did green everything up quick. I have a family member that did a few large grows that were very successful until he decided MMJ was not personally for him; but he does have some enthusiasm of watching someone else's grow and does throw out some advice nuggets out here and there.

A few things I have gleaned: Going all out with special feeding regimens, and pH testing and the like are not really for me. I am not going to the Cannabis Cup; I want to be able to maintain the amount of plants the state allows for my own medical needs. I found the strain that works for pain without inducing couch lock (Blue Dream) for me, ymmv. It seems to grow easily, and I want to "work smart, not hard." I want to share some soil guidelines that I found, which seem to be pretty comprehensive. I am going to make changes, learning as things proceed.

http://herb.co/2016/05/06/super-soil-2-best-soil-for-marijuana/

My immediate concerns are transferring to a better planting medium and adding vermiculite, and using some epsom salt to boost magnesium and green everything up. Just want to get my stalks stronger before flowering so they can handle the weight of the buds. Probably going to push flowering back another 4 weeks since I should have started with a more supportive soil mix. If anyone has grow experience/tips/anecdotes/opinions, please jump in here and share.
Sail and grow
Deep inside
The brave align
Green we stay

-Boss Keloid Lung Valley

3V1L9371U5

• TGL OverLord
  • TGL XxElitexX
Re: How To Make The Best Soil For Marijuana
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 01:27:19 PM »
Just move to Kentucky. Our "dark and bloody ground" is quite good.

I had hoped we would be able to capitalize on this historical strong point, but I'm afraid our dumbass state gov has let other states get the jump on us.

ÂçïÐ_Rëƒlü×®

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 04:24:47 PM »
FoxFarm Ocean Forest is all you need.

orthene

• Administrator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 10:19:36 PM »
Thanks I will check that out. There is a hydroponic store real close by me that should have it or it's equivalent. I really don't want to mix my own guano and earthworm castings in by hand. One of the times I like things pre-fabbed for me. :)
Sail and grow
Deep inside
The brave align
Green we stay

-Boss Keloid Lung Valley

Simonsays

• TGL Elite
  • TGL Master
  • still your passenger
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 03:30:19 PM »
I've been crawling on my belly
 Clearing out what could've been.
 I've been wallowing in my own chaotic
 And insecure delusions.

I wanna feel the change consume me,
 Feel the outside turning in.
 I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
 Cleansing I've endured within
                    46x2- Tool

orthene

• Administrator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 10:42:43 PM »
The Hydroponic Gardening shop in my town has FoxFarm !  ;D I bought bigger pots as well after watching a video that convinced me my plants are potbound. Being sativa dominant, turns out they may get pretty big too. I had not taken that into consideration, but I have the space to spare so no bother.
Sail and grow
Deep inside
The brave align
Green we stay

-Boss Keloid Lung Valley

ÂçïÐ_Rëƒlü×®

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 08:54:59 AM »
The Hydroponic Gardening shop in my town has FoxFarm !  ;D I bought bigger pots as well after watching a video that convinced me my plants are potbound. Being sativa dominant, turns out they may get pretty big too. I had not taken that into consideration, but I have the space to spare so no bother.

train them down and trim them to make them low and bushy. read about LST. Training , trimming and so much more at http://reddit.com/r/microgrowery

orthene

• Administrator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2017, 01:15:38 PM »
Thanks Acid, I will check that out. Been watching a lot of videos and reading from the grow sites. There are more grow strategies for different situations than I ever imagined. My next research reading project is going to be determining gender. Don't want my progress impeded by males.
Sail and grow
Deep inside
The brave align
Green we stay

-Boss Keloid Lung Valley

• TGL Artisan
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Legalize POT !
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2017, 11:09:01 PM »
 :weed-sign:

• TGL Artisan
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Legalize POT !
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2017, 11:14:57 PM »
FoxFarm Ocean Forest is all you need.

Crazy pricey.
Next time I will splurge and get this stuff. I did buy some Foxfarm fertilzer. 3 bottle variety pack. Really making a difference.

orthene

• Administrator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2017, 09:16:03 PM »
One of my plants at 7 weeks. Just 3 hours after repotting; it perked up quite a bit. I think the smaller pots were stunting the plants. Sorry about the large image, too lazy at the moment to resize.   :cigar

Sail and grow
Deep inside
The brave align
Green we stay

-Boss Keloid Lung Valley

ÂçïÐ_Rëƒlü×®

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2017, 09:57:35 AM »
Time to FiM

• TGL Artisan
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Legalize POT !

• TGL Artisan
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Legalize POT !

orthene

• Administrator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2017, 11:09:23 AM »
http://www.growweedeasy.com/fim-your-way-to-multiple-colas
Awesome, thanks for the linky. Got some reading to do, followed up by more how-to videos.
Sail and grow
Deep inside
The brave align
Green we stay

-Boss Keloid Lung Valley

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal