Author Topic: Did something stupid. Rookie grow project. Need advice. Pleez help a brotha out.  (Read 186 times)

orthene

• Administrator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
I started this grow allotting space/lighting for 5 large pots. I had some extra seeds and followed what I thought was good instruction. More seeds would equal more plants, allowing for the removal of males and plants that did not survive. Rookie mistake was putting more than one seed in a couple of the pots. So, I ended up with one pot having 3 plants and another having 2. Of course, with multiple plants competing for nutrients and real estate, these plants are somewhat smaller. One was even so scrawny that I kept waiting for it to die but it never did. Three days ago, I decided to pull Mr. Scrawny; not much of a fight, came out with a portion of its roots. The other two residents have already perked up and look much better.

After much scouring of the interwebs, I have found that only a dumbass would do what I have done, AND...I need to remove one plant each from two of the pots. My question is: what is the best way to do this considering the root system of both plants are most likely entwined? Do I try to remove part or all of the roots of the plant I decide to remove, or simply chop it below the soil line? Pretty sure these have a stronger root system than Mr. Scrawny, and I do want the remaining sole survivor in these two pots to thrive.

Also, while I am here asking questions, I have one more scenario to present. Two of my plants are extremely robust and bushy. They are showing signs of gender; small spikes near the nodes lead me to believe these two are female -also not seeing "balls" on these two. I think these two plants in particular are ready to flower. After evicting the extra residents from my two overpopulated pots (method to be determined pending feedback), should I attempt to flower all of them? Or, should I wait for the smaller ones to catch up? I would flower the two on their own, but I have only one lighting setup, and if I remove the other three pots during the dark cycle they would just be in regular household ambient lighting. I could actually try flowering the third individual plant, but it is not showing gender like the other two.

Comments, advice, suggestions, colorful anecdotes.....all are welcome. And please ask me questions about my questions if any clarification is needed. Thanks in advance.
Sail and grow
Deep inside
The brave align
Green we stay

-Boss Keloid Lung Valley

Galaxy Admin

• Administrator
  • TGL Ethnobotanist
Flower them all as is. Learn from the mistake after this harvest and move on.
It feels good to be running from the devil
Another breath and I'm up another level
It feels good to be up above the clouds
It feels good for the first time in a long time now

Mrrodgersss

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Herbologist
How did this grow turn out for you? I just harvested 3 northern lights plants last month. Currently working on a mixed grow consisting of 2 ak-48 and from Nirvana, a jack herer from seedsman and lemon og autoflower from Nirvana.

orthene

• Administrator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
It was my first grow, and I guess I would chalk it up as a learning experience. I learned I need better lighting, better ventilation, and proper planting media from the get-go. Only ended up with about two ounces when all was said and done. Two plants ended up being males, two were so scraggly they probably wouldn't have been able to support the weight of the buds, and two produced smoke-able buds. At least it was two ounces of Blue Dream that I didn't have before. May be a bit before I do it again, as I have to invest in lighting and fans. Going to plan ahead rather than "Hey I got some good seeds to plant and see what happens." Guess things turn out better when they are planned; I'm a little compulsive (impulsive?).
Sail and grow
Deep inside
The brave align
Green we stay

-Boss Keloid Lung Valley

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal