Author Topic: Sessions  (Read 293 times)

avoca

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Compassion, fuckwads!
Sessions
« on: January 04, 2018, 01:53:57 PM »
I haven't read this yet ---- breaking this link, don't think that's necessary here but oh well:::

ww.commondreams.org/news/2018/01/04/not-drill-attorney-general-sessions-coming-nations
And if you see your mom this weekend, tell her I said
Satan Satan Satan Satan

ÂçïÐ_Rëƒlü×®

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
No, Bernie Sanders Tells Jeff Sessions, Marijuana Is Not the Same as Heroin
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 04:30:33 PM »
U.S. Senator slams Attorney General over decision to target states that have decriminalized or legalized marijuana

In a terse response to news Thursday that President Donald Trump's Justice Department would rescind its hands-off policy regarding states that have legalized medical and recreational marijuana, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) scolded Attorney General Jeff Sessions for equating the dangers of pot with heroin.

During his time in the U.S. Senate and as AG, Sessions has repeatedly assailed marijuana as comparable to much harder drugs like heroin, though scientific experts have called that nonsense.

"No, Attorney General Sessions," Sanders said in his Thursday statement. "Marijuana is not the same as heroin."

He continued, "No one who has seriously studied the issue believes that marijuana should be classified as a Schedule 1 drug beside killer drugs like heroin. Quite the contrary. We should allow states the right to move toward the decriminalization of marijuana, not reverse the progress that has been made in recent years."

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
Re: Sessions
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 10:03:13 PM »
I understand ex-keebler elf Sessions is heavily invested in for profit jails, which make the bulk of their
easy money from incarcerating marijuana users, due to the fact that most cops are ascared of their
shadows and putting marijuana users in jail is one of the safest things a cop can do--Even safer than
attempting a dwi arrest on a mean drunk

orthene

• Administrator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 10:14:45 PM »
https://mjbizdaily.com/chart-cannabis-industry-employs-165000-plus-workers/

"With 165,000-230,000 full- and part-time workers, the U.S. cannabis industry has quickly become a major job generator.

Cannabis-related businesses now employ more people than there are dental hygienists and bakers in the United States and will soon surpass the number of telemarketers and pharmacists."

I think there is going to be hella backlash. Not just from the industry, but also on both sides of the political aisle that support states rights. Both Trump and Sessions earlier said they would support states rights. Of course, the fact that politicians lie should be no surprise to anyone.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 10:31:34 PM by orthene »
Sail and grow
Deep inside
The brave align
Green we stay

-Boss Keloid Lung Valley

Uruk-High

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 10:42:18 AM »
Ultimately, this is a good thing though it doesn't seem that way. MJ is never going to be legit until it gets done at the federal level, period. Trump is definitely not going to take significant political hits over MJ, so this may be the thing that puts legalized MJ over the hump. This may actually get politicians off there ass on MJ for a change.

Free da weed!

:weedspin :weedspin :weedspin

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal