Author Topic: New York Governor Will Outline Plan To Legalize Marijuana On Monday  (Read 456 times)

§ĭdêƁüȑɳȤ®

• TGL Elite
  • TGL Ethnobotanist

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) will lay out his agenda for the upcoming legislative session in a speech on Monday, and that will include details on his plan to get an adult-use marijuana legalization bill through the state legislature in 2019.

In an interview with radio station 1010 WINS on Friday, the governor confirmed that a proposal to end cannabis prohibition would be one of 15 pieces of legislation he’ll discuss in the speech. He said the current “political atmosphere” is “unlike anything we’ve ever seen before,” and the timing is ripe to promote a bold agenda.

FDW  :weedspin

"Are you saying that I can dodge Bullets?"
"What I'm saying is that when the time comes
  you won't have to."

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
Re: New York Governor Will Outline Plan To Legalize Marijuana On Monday
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 12:39:57 AM »
I like that he has this scheduled for discussion at least
but I'd also like to see NY stop turning innocent unknowing citizens into instant felons with their Safe Act,
which limits the amount of ammo carried to just 7 rounds--Yet many are uninformed of the need to remove
a few (or more) rounds from their weapons

orthene

• Administrator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 01:20:19 PM »
Well, it's a positive step forward. Change came quickly here in Michigan. When recreational passed I was in disbelief, or shock, even though it was already obvious the majority of voters were for it. Almost immediately, someone put up a bill to remove the provision of being able to legally grow up to twelve plants.  Thankfully, it was voted down almost as fast. For once, someone standing in the way of progress gets put in his place.
Sail and grow
Deep inside
The brave align
Green we stay

-Boss Keloid Lung Valley

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 02:00:52 PM »
Looks like NY will be next state to legalize   www.newser.com/story/268710/new-yorks-cuomo-lets-legalize-pot.html

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 02:03:24 PM »
Well, it's a positive step forward. Change came quickly here in Michigan. When recreational passed I was in disbelief, or shock, even though it was already obvious the majority of voters were for it. Almost immediately, someone put up a bill to remove the provision of being able to legally grow up to twelve plants.  Thankfully, it was voted down almost as fast. For once, someone standing in the way of progress gets put in his place.

Damn dude, the majority of AZ's citizens had already passed legal marijuana for years before even medical became legal--
I'm still waiting for the will of the people to be done, so recreational weed will be permitted

orthene

• Administrator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2018, 12:31:54 PM »
Initially was going to get my medical card but that's over $200 and the closest dispensary is 45 minutes away. Nice that now I can pick up what I want without paying someone to grant me permission/license. In terms of driving, I'm only a phone call and five minutes away.
Sail and grow
Deep inside
The brave align
Green we stay

-Boss Keloid Lung Valley

Ozone

• TGL Elite
  • TGL Master
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2018, 01:15:12 PM »
Jersey has been stalling its legalization. Bills passed through both the state and assembly houses but neither was voted on the floor. Murphy wants a 25% tax (fuck that) but the bills had only a 12% tax. As a result many think he wouldn't have signed the bill anyways if it got to him, even though he ran on a campaign to get legalization within his first 100 days in office (I wasn't holding my breath). Lots think something will get going in early '19 that has serious potential, but it's just been one hurdle after another 'politically'. Hopefully, NY and NJ can light a fire under each other's asses as each wants the $ it will generate as it would be better legalizing first so they can get people coming over from the next state (and others nearby) and spending green on that green.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 01:17:31 PM by Ozone »
"Although you come with saws and axes, in the end I shall grow over your graves."

§ĭdêƁüȑɳȤ®

• TGL Elite
  • TGL Ethnobotanist
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2018, 03:14:55 PM »
Jersey has been stalling its legalization. Bills passed through both the state and assembly houses but neither was voted on the floor. Murphy wants a 25% tax (fuck that) but the bills had only a 12% tax. As a result many think he wouldn't have signed the bill anyways if it got to him, even though he ran on a campaign to get legalization within his first 100 days in office (I wasn't holding my breath). Lots think something will get going in early '19 that has serious potential, but it's just been one hurdle after another 'politically'. Hopefully, NY and NJ can light a fire under each other's asses as each wants the $ it will generate as it would be better legalizing first so they can get people coming over from the next state (and others nearby) and spending green on that green.

They will both get it done in 2019.  Probably at 11:59pm on 12/31/19.

"Are you saying that I can dodge Bullets?"
"What I'm saying is that when the time comes
  you won't have to."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal