Author Topic: New York City councilman wants companies to stop testing for marijuana  (Read 326 times)

Galaxy Admin

• Administrator
  • TGL Ethnobotanist
NEW YORK CITY, New York – A New York City councilman has drafted legislation that would prohibit testing for marijuana by companies as a requirement for employment.

Jumanne Williams is sponsoring the legislation.

It would ban companies in the city from testing for THC, the active ingredient in marijuana.

There are exceptions to the rule. Those exceptions would be for safety and security sensitive jobs, including emergency responders and drivers.

The bill is in committee.

It feels good to be running from the devil
Another breath and I'm up another level
It feels good to be up above the clouds
It feels good for the first time in a long time now

KratomToke

• Administrator
  • TGL XxElitexX
Re: New York City councilman wants companies to stop testing for marijuana
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 01:02:56 PM »
 :smokebanana

Awesome

orthene

• Administrator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 09:38:23 PM »
Last time I took a pee test and failed for cannabis, I had not ingested or smoked for over 2 months.  There should be a standardized test that says you are either high at work or not high at work. I've worked with people that come off a bender and come to work with alcohol emanating from their pores, but they could still pass a drug test, so still good to go as far work was concerned. I learned the hard way how long THC remains in your system; for me it was six months of being unemployable -without cheating. So much for starting a job using honesty as a common ground for a functional working relationship.
Sail and grow
Deep inside
The brave align
Green we stay

-Boss Keloid Lung Valley

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 10:39:26 PM »
It's the insurance companies that want the pee tests, as far as I know--
In fact insurance companies are fucking things up for everyone. Ever wonder what
happened to those $5,000 mini trucks? Well add on an airbag $1,000 & up, add on the
SIR (supplemental restraint systems) and add on the knee airbags (required for all 2018)
and now you've added almost $5,000 just in airbags! My health insurance alone has quadrupled
since obamacare came out. All these insurance companies are getting rich and what they are selling
is an intangible object-- that is you cannot see it nor feel it

3V1L9371U5

• TGL OverLord
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 07:28:22 PM »
A lot of companies have quit nearly altogether, except for those pesky INSURANCE PURPOSES.

Impossible to field a labor force of any size if they didn't.

orthene

• Administrator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 01:11:07 PM »
Man, I could really unleash a scree of vitriol on insurance companies. Who else has an army of adjusters looking for a way to not pay their obligation. For example, I got hit by a road raging punk on one of Toledo's high level bridges over the Maumee river. Of course, we call the cops -and the kid calls his parents (who arrive before police to try and change the story). So the car is insured by the parents, but a minor was driving. The dad is the policy holder and he wants to dispute the ticket they received, as well as any liability. Their insurance company, now in February, is still investigating because the parent won't let the kid make a statement.  After a month, I paid the deductible on my insurance and had the truck fixed. If not for that, I wouldn't have a vehicle to drive due to the insurance company digging in on not paying an at-fault claim. Good thing I hired an attorney at the one month marker.

A little off topic but this is the first I've vented about it anywhere. Good to get it out.
Sail and grow
Deep inside
The brave align
Green we stay

-Boss Keloid Lung Valley

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2019, 02:18:10 PM »
Man, I could really unleash a scree of vitriol on insurance companies. Who else has an army of adjusters looking for a way to not pay their obligation. For example, I got hit by a road raging punk on one of Toledo's high level bridges over the Maumee river. Of course, we call the cops -and the kid calls his parents (who arrive before police to try and change the story). So the car is insured by the parents, but a minor was driving. The dad is the policy holder and he wants to dispute the ticket they received, as well as any liability. Their insurance company, now in February, is still investigating because the parent won't let the kid make a statement.  After a month, I paid the deductible on my insurance and had the truck fixed. If not for that, I wouldn't have a vehicle to drive due to the insurance company digging in on not paying an at-fault claim. Good thing I hired an attorney at the one month marker.

A little off topic but this is the first I've vented about it anywhere. Good to get it out.

I've seen lots of these cases on court TV & it's the parents who find a way to screw up the works--Hoping
you find a way to punish their insurance company for screwing you over--

It's hard to come up with lawyer $$$ in a civil case these days, I hope you manage to come out ahead

jimijams

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Shaman
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2019, 05:35:45 PM »
Society just has to start acting sensibly-

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal