Author Topic: Diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma (DIPG)  (Read 208 times)

orthene

• Administrator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
Diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma (DIPG)
« on: March 28, 2019, 11:35:14 AM »
About a week ago I got some bad news from my friend who has been traveling cross country with his family in an RV for the past few years. He and his family were hiking and his six year old daughter started to exhibit signs mimicking a stroke. They were able to get her to a hospital where they found a brain stem glioma that has a very low chance of recovery. Originally the family was told she had a prospect of surviving up to 9 months, but two days later that was lowered to just days, or possibly weeks.  I was told she was approved for one of several treatment programs at St. Judes, if and when she can be safely transported; money has already been raised for the trip. They got approval in Tennessee to use a full spectrum RSO to make her more comfortable. Last night she was able to open her eyes and smile for her dad, which is a vast improvement over not being able to even recognize or acknowledge family members. Everything has been done to this point that can be done, and realistically survival would be a miracle. We can take heart that RSO can make a child's final days bearable, and with some family interaction.

Not trying to bring anyone down, and trying to see the silver lining in this. But it does weigh heavy on the heart.
Sail and grow
Deep inside
The brave align
Green we stay

-Boss Keloid Lung Valley

§ĭdêƁüȑɳȤ®

• TGL Elite
  • TGL Ethnobotanist
Re: Diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma (DIPG)
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 04:31:15 PM »
I wish her nothing but the best.

"Are you saying that I can dodge Bullets?"
"What I'm saying is that when the time comes
  you won't have to."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal