Author Topic: It’s Time to Cut the Oil Syringe Some Slack  (Read 702 times)

BurnMan

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
It’s Time to Cut the Oil Syringe Some Slack
« on: June 15, 2021, 02:11:48 PM »
Cannabis oils are contained, transported, and dispensed from a variety of vessels. “Pucks” and different types of parchments are the most common containers used to package cannabis oils, but the syringe remains the only oil container that can dispense measured doses of cannabis concentrate by design. Sure, you could cut and weigh out shatter for consistent dosage (which is recommended for cannabis consumers who want control of their cannabinoid intake), but more viscous oils are not as cooperative.

The syringe, however, holds an especially loaded place in drug culture for its apparent relationship to intravenous drug use, which is amplified against the backdrop of the opioid epidemic in the United States. The optics of the syringe are challenging to overcome because society shares the preconceived notation that syringes belong in the responsible hands of science and medicine professionals, yet are being abused by hard drug users.

Benefits of Cannabis Oil Syringes

It’s time to push your concerns aside and give this implementation a chance. There are myriad benefits of cannabis oil syringes. First, syringes usually come in a variety of volumes. Many have their volume indicated in marks on the body of the syringe, giving you relative measurements for dosage.

(Pro Tip: The plunger on an oil syringe can be kind of touchy. Press lightly and slowly to dispense your oil. This will save you the mess and heartache of lost oil or RSO.)

Another benefit of the syringe is it's minimal to nonexistent loss of oil. The plunger in my oil syringe pressed the oil through without losing much to the container. With a puck or parchment, over time oil can get thin and difficult to fully collect. There are different techniques to gather this residual oil, but the syringe requires neither the time nor effort to do so. The full volume is available, measurable, and usable without the fuss of a heating element and tools.

By utilizing the syringe, you’re re-appropriating its imagery and use thus changing its stigma. The battle for legal cannabis is contingent on public perception and optics. If we can continue to illustrate the benefits of all things cannabis by virtue of using them conscientiously, we can gut the outdated arguments about cannabis as a Schedule I drug and “stoners” that are as bad and destructive as the intravenous drug users nestled in the same category.

credit: leafly.com

Smoke

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
Re: It’s Time to Cut the Oil Syringe Some Slack
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2021, 06:35:06 PM »
Nice article, thanks for sharing.

I love, love, love, PRC syringes.  Please never change it.

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2021, 11:17:10 PM »
I had a syringe or two try to teach me a good lesson about trying to pull back on the syringe
plunger--once the rubber disconnects from the plunger the fun starts when it moves out of place

Good luck getting the contents out after that happens

BurnMan

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2021, 12:01:02 AM »
I had a syringe or two try to teach me a good lesson about trying to pull back on the syringe
plunger--once the rubber disconnects from the plunger the fun starts when it moves out of place

At that point, I would put the entire syringe into Everclear, dissolve out the oil until the syringe is clear, and use it as a tincture in a beverage or food.

No loss and the same effects.

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2021, 02:25:49 AM »

At that point, I would put the entire syringe into Everclear, dissolve out the oil until the syringe is clear, and use it as a tincture in a beverage or food.

No loss and the same effects.

I already have a big bottle of tincture that I never use

• TGL Artisan
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Legalize POT !
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2021, 10:24:12 AM »
Speaking of tincture, I still have some prc GDP CBD tincture left.
Last night after not taking any for a few weeks ,  I took five drops. Talk about the good stuff , I slept like a rock. Can't recommend enough.
Back on syringes, the only minus for me is the tip and cap.
The cap can get stuck on to the syringe and get a little messy.
It is not the syringes fault, however someone needs to design syringes specifically made for cannabis oil. Perhaps a threaded tip with butterfly cap. Dreaming of the ideal syringe , the plunger should be thicker, more sturdy, and broader thumb pusher. Would make for more precise control.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 10:41:21 AM by 1954 »

• TGL Artisan
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Legalize POT !
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2021, 11:43:13 AM »
Speaking of tincture, I still have some prc GDP CBD tincture left.
Last night after not taking any for a few weeks ,  I took five drops. Talk about the good stuff , I slept like a rock. Can't recommend enough.
Back on syringes, the only minus for me is the tip and cap.
The cap can get stuck on to the syringe and get a little messy.
It is not the syringes fault, however someone needs to design syringes specifically made for cannabis oil. Perhaps a threaded tip with butterfly cap. Dreaming of the ideal syringe , the plunger should be thicker, more sturdy, and broader thumb pusher. Would make for more precise control.

Duh... googled cannabis  oil syringes and am I getting old or what.

BurnMan

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2021, 06:30:27 PM »

Duh... googled cannabis oil syringes and am I getting old or what.

We all learn each day or why be here? Looking up something and finding it is learning and that is what keeps us young.

All good fam!

KratomToke

• Administrator
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2021, 09:26:17 AM »
 :smokebanana :goodpost

Nice post! Yeah the Cannabis Syringe works for me!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal