Author Topic: Connecticut legalizes recreational marijuana for adults  (Read 635 times)

orthene

• Administrator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
Connecticut legalizes recreational marijuana for adults
« on: June 22, 2021, 02:45:18 PM »
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/559639-connecticut-legalizes-recreational-marijuana-for-adults

Connecticut Gov. Ned Lamont (D) on Tuesday signed legislation legalizing recreational marijuana for adults in the state, becoming the 18th U.S. state to legalize the drug.

Beginning on July 1, recreational marijuana will be legal for all adults aged 21 and older, according to a press release from the governor's office. Adults will be permitted to carry up to one and a half ounces on their person as well as keep five ounces secured in a home or vehicle.

"People have been working on this for 10 years. It’s been a long time coming. I think we have a good bill that puts public health first," the Connecticut governor said when signing the bill, NBC Connecticut reported.

Lamont had threatened to veto an earlier version of the bill, saying it did not address inequity brought on by the war on drugs. Lamont's office took issue with a provision that gave people with prior marijuana convictions preference when applying for licenses to grow and sell marijuana, arguing that it would allow wealthier people to receive preference along with lower-income, minority groups for whom the provision was intended.

The provision was ultimately dropped last week, paving the way for the bill to clear the state legislature and head to Lamont's desk to be signed.

The bill that Lamont signed also expunges most marijuana convictions that occurred between January 1, 2000 and October 1, 2015.

Connecticut is now the sixth state where marijuana was legalized through the legislature instead of a ballot measure.

“State lawmakers are to be commended for enacting model legislation that will move Connecticut forward,” Paul Armentano, deputy director for the marijuana legalization advocacy group NORML said in a statement.

“This legislation recognizes that the responsible use of marijuana by adults should not be a crime, and that those who carry the stigma of a criminal record for their past use of cannabis should receive relief," Armentano, a Connecticut-native said. "Regulating cannabis, rather than criminalizing it, has proven to be a superior public policy — which is why more and more states are rapidly moving in this direction.”
Sail and grow
Deep inside
The brave align
Green we stay

-Boss Keloid Lung Valley

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
Re: Connecticut legalizes recreational marijuana for adults
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2021, 03:29:39 PM »
Now that greedy politicians have seen the awesome amount of tax money that comes from the sale
of marijuana, most wanna get onboard the green marijuana choo choo. I'll continue to do my best to
never give money to the gov't by purchasing from private parties

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2021, 05:16:42 PM »
CT is also the place where you can make free telephone calls from jail

Drugs & jail go together so well

BurnMan

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2021, 05:20:50 PM »
Ct and Virginia are also allowing growing on July 1st.

Meanwhile, NY has no regulations or plans to allow growing for 1 to 2 more years. lmao

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2021, 05:55:10 PM »
Ct and Virginia are also allowing growing on July 1st.

Meanwhile, NY has no regulations or plans to allow growing for 1 to 2 more years. lmao

Why should they, allowing growing can only be a money losing proposition...

KratomToke

• Administrator
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2021, 11:19:39 AM »
Well it's a move to FREE DA WEED.

What I have noticed here in AZ since Recreational MJ was legalized. AZ must have the highest POT prices in the country. 1/8th = $60.00, It's not so much the Weed itself is expensive
it's the super high taxes on it which make it almost un reachable for the average JOE.

Now if I could find a way to get a Medical Card, I wouldn't have to pay the tax... hhhm,

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2021, 12:36:52 PM »
Well it's a move to FREE DA WEED.

What I have noticed here in AZ since Recreational MJ was legalized. AZ must have the highest POT prices in the country. 1/8th = $60.00, It's not so much the Weed itself is expensive
it's the super high taxes on it which make it almost un reachable for the average JOE.

Now if I could find a way to get a Medical Card, I wouldn't have to pay the tax... hhhm,

Getting a medical card is likely the easy part--paying for it, not so much

PRC is cheaper and they always come through plus I know I'm not providing this state tax money

KratomToke

• Administrator
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2021, 04:45:03 PM »
Agreed PRC is the way to go....

:weedspin :weedspin

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal