Author Topic: Bring your own weed at this awesome cannabis expo 45 minutes outside NYC  (Read 426 times)

orthene

• Administrator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
https://www.timeout.com/newyork/news/bring-your-own-weed-at-this-awesome-cannabis-expo-45-minutes-outside-nyc-091322

Following New Jersey residents' vote to legalize marijuana, it was only a matter of time that the state would play host to a massive expo focusing on all things cannabis.

Activist and comedian Tommy Chong is hosting 420 Expo, the first ever bring-your-own-cannabis consumer event in New Jersey. The happening will take place at the New Jersey Convention & Expo Center, a 45-minute drive from midtown Manhattan, next weekend, from September 16 through 18.

Fair warning: you have to be at least 21 years old to enter the expo and guests are expected to bring in their own products, albeit within the state's legal limits. To be clear: no vendors will be selling actual THC products, although there will be a dedicating smoking area on premise—plus food trucks outside for when the munchies kick in.

Over 75 vendors will set up shop and 25 panels will take place over the course of the weekend. Topics explored include medical marijuana, cannabis 101 and a seminar about "Combatting the Social, Racial & Economic Injustices of Cannabis."

"Even though more Americans now smoke marijuana more than tobacco, there is still a lot of misperception and confusion to overcome before legalization becomes normalization," said J. Handy, an event co-founder, in an official statement. "At 420 Expo, cannabis will be the star."

Although the focus of the giant event will clearly be on weed, there will also be non-cannabis-related activities to partake in throughout the weekend, like axe throwing and glass blowing (basically, stuff you should be careful doing while high).

The organizers are expecting over 15,000 people to show up, so you better buy tickets for 420 Expo as soon as you can right here.

Whether the expo will eventually be held in New York as well, given that weed is now legal in the state, is yet to be seen. But one thing's for sure: New Jersey folks know what they're doing—even Ice-T is opening a weed dispensary in Jersey City.
Sail and grow
Deep inside
The brave align
Green we stay

-Boss Keloid Lung Valley

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
Re: Bring your own weed at this awesome cannabis expo 45 minutes outside NYC
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2022, 11:48:38 AM »
Wow, I can't wait to buy tickets for entry to a 'smoke my own weed' festival
On second thought, I can just stay home & smoke my own weed for free...

orthene

• Administrator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2022, 12:06:49 PM »
Wow, I can't wait to buy tickets for entry to a 'smoke my own weed' festival
On second thought, I can just stay home & smoke my own weed for free...
Thirty bucks for general admission and sixty for VIP does seem a little high (pun intended); seems like much of the cost should really be borne by vendor booth fees. May be worth it for growers who seek innovative growing/marketing concepts via presentations at the expo, but I too would probably put the ticket money toward some happiness to enjoy in a private setting.
Sail and grow
Deep inside
The brave align
Green we stay

-Boss Keloid Lung Valley

BurnMan

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2022, 03:02:18 PM »
These are all over NY and one coming up is $120 to get in but there are hella giveaways at these events from seeds to bud to oil and gear.

Being able to connect to new vendors and customers in a matter of hours is worth it alone.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal