Author Topic: Biden Announces Mass Marijuana Pardons And Calls For Cannabis Scheduling  (Read 605 times)

BurnMan

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
President Joe Biden announced on Thursday that he is taking dramatic steps to change federal marijuana laws and provide relief to drug war victims—an unexpected development that comes roughly a month before the November election.

The president is initiating an administrative review of federal marijuana scheduling, and he also said that he will be granting mass pardons for federal cannabis possession convictions while calling on governors to do the same for state-level convictions.

First: I’m pardoning all prior federal offenses of simple marijuana possession. There are thousands of people who were previously convicted of simple possession who may be denied employment, housing, or educational opportunities as a result. My pardon will remove this burden.
This is a massive development from the president, who has stayed relatively quiet on cannabis reform since taking office after campaigning on marijuana decriminalization, rescheduling and expungements for low-level cannabis convictions.

“As I often said during my campaign for President, no one should be in jail just for using or possessing marijuana,” he said in a statement. “Sending people to prison for possessing marijuana has upended too many lives and incarcerated people for conduct that many states no longer prohibit.”

3V1L9371U5

• TGL OverLord
  • TGL XxElitexX
Re: Biden Announces Mass Marijuana Pardons And Calls For Cannabis Scheduling
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2022, 04:34:29 PM »

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2022, 01:23:14 AM »
I'm still waiting for Biden to tax the rich,
seems like they don't wanna be taxed...

mattynugs

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2022, 10:13:31 AM »
I call bs. This guy just sucks

Galaxy Admin

• Administrator
  • TGL Ethnobotanist
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2022, 01:33:28 PM »
I call bs. This guy just sucks

So you are saying this is a lie? lol  :weedspin
It feels good to be running from the devil
Another breath and I'm up another level
It feels good to be up above the clouds
It feels good for the first time in a long time now

orthene

• Administrator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2022, 03:28:54 PM »
Maybe I'm looking at this wrong but: If simple marijuana possession cases "only" are pardoned, won't this count out anyone who got thier charges trumped up. You know how cops like to add anything on that they can to make charges stick, or proclaim mj confiscation street value based on gross weight of plants ripped out, and not on the weight of manicured bud going to the end user.
Sail and grow
Deep inside
The brave align
Green we stay

-Boss Keloid Lung Valley

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2022, 01:33:03 PM »
Maybe I'm looking at this wrong but: If simple marijuana possession cases "only" are pardoned, won't this count out anyone who got thier charges trumped up. You know how cops like to add anything on that they can to make charges stick, or proclaim mj confiscation street value based on gross weight of plants ripped out, and not on the weight of manicured bud going to the end user.

I do know because cops added possession with intent to sell along with the lie that they had recovered 5 or 6 quarter sized bags of weed from me the first time I was arrested. Years later when I got in trouble with the law again, they brought out that old charge as a prior & tried to put me in jail for something I later was able to iron out as the police never turned in any of the 5-6 quarters I supposedly had on me, yet they had maintained that I was guilty of just that for many years

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal