Author Topic: Michigan marijuana prices at all-time low  (Read 466 times)

orthene

• Administrator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
Michigan marijuana prices at all-time low
« on: January 04, 2023, 01:53:49 PM »
https://www.uppermichiganssource.com/2022/12/14/michigan-marijuana-prices-all-time-low/

MARQUETTE COUNTY, Mich. (WLUC) - According to the Michigan Cannabis Regulatory Agency the state’s average price of recreational marijuana dropped to $95.12 per oz. in November.

It is a 50% decrease from last year’s price of $191 per ounce.

The Fire Station Cannabis Co. Co-owner Logan Stauber said one reason is an increase in licenses issued by the state.

“In January of 2021 we saw about 1,200 licenses and that number has now grown to roughly 1,800 throughout the state. Michigan is a state that allows for free trade,” Stauber said.

Melo Cannabis in Ishpeming is one of the state’s newest dispensaries. Owner Brice Sturmer said more retailers lead to increased competition and supply.

“When legalization first happened, it took a little while for a lot of growers and producers to get online but now they’re open in full capacity pricing has changed a lot,” Sturmer said.

Stauber says sales have increased across the state.

“We’ve seen about a 38% increase statewide. Last year in 2021 the state as a whole did about 1.3 billion in sales and right now, we’re on track for $2 billion in sales closing the sale.”

While low prices may be good for consumers, Sturmer said it hits growers hard.

“They’re probably feeling the pinch the most on these sorts of issues. We’re trying to find an alternative here at Melo to focus on quality and pay growers what they want to get paid for their quality cannabis products,” Sturmer said

Fire Station Pricing Analyst Griffin Pepin said prices will stabilize in the near future.

“If you look over at Colorado, Oregon, Washington, those states are starting to get into the stabilization and we’re seeing prices back up, they hit their plateau and now they’re increasing by 15 to 20 percent across the state,” Pepin said.
Sail and grow
Deep inside
The brave align
Green we stay

-Boss Keloid Lung Valley

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
Re: Michigan marijuana prices at all-time low
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2023, 08:37:14 PM »
Quite frankly, I think watching these dopes ruin their profits is hilarious

toy

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2023, 02:57:04 PM »
Lol agreed :thum :goodpostbup:

orthene

• Administrator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2023, 08:45:00 PM »
Just down the road from me, there is an industrial park just off the highway. There are five recreational cannabis retailers there, all in walking distance. They all have incentives for new customers, for example, your first eighth is free. Bundle deals, specials. Guy I know walked out with four ounces of bud for 200 bucks.

I put this in the shout last night, here is the web page for one of the businesses:  https://monroerec.nirvanacenter.com/stores/the-nirvana-center-monroe
Sail and grow
Deep inside
The brave align
Green we stay

-Boss Keloid Lung Valley

BurnMan

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2023, 01:43:30 PM »
This should be regular prices. Its just a friggin flower.

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2023, 12:15:36 AM »
That's cool orthene,
that's what I used to pay for a QP in 1990

Marijuana has always been my fav drug-- I mean medicine, koff koff

orthene

• Administrator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2023, 04:31:03 PM »
A friend went to one of the local dispenseries; he was a bit heated about how much personal info he had to give up before purchase. Plus the fact that the label sticker had not only strain and weight info, but also his full name. I'm not sure if that is just standard practice or because he was coming from a non-recreational state and purchasing in a fully legalized state.

My aunt was raving about the 27 dollar quarters last weekend, and says she's kicking her regular guy to the curb. I'm sticking with the delivery guy, and not having to wait in a long line. These dispensaries seem to have 3 tiers/shelves. Bottom shelf stiff is better than mids, center shelf is about the level of smoke I get from my guy, and the top shelf flower is gorgeous. Price for top shelf is over double in cost to the decent bud I get.
Sail and grow
Deep inside
The brave align
Green we stay

-Boss Keloid Lung Valley

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2023, 08:08:59 PM »
Here in AZ a dispensary looks at your driver's license & sells ya what you want

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal