Author Topic: Trip to Duluth MN  (Read 203 times)

GirlUndercover

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL PhD
Trip to Duluth MN
« on: March 09, 2024, 10:16:11 AM »
Hey TGL!

I took a trip to Duluth MN last week to go ice fishing. Wow, that was FUN! I caught lots of walleye and froze my butt off too. Just kidding, we had a heater in the ice cabin and we were cozy.

The first day of fishing, we were not catching much, and they were kinda small. I said we needed some corn to put on our hooks, and the group I was with laughed at me! They had never heard of such a thing. LOL The next day, I put corn on my hook, and caught a 16.5 inch *fat* walleye within 20 minutes!

I also got to try some weed that my friends had recently traveled to Michigan to buy, as rec weed is legal in MN but they don't yet have dispensaries. A pre-roll was passed around, and I (stupidly) forgot to ask what was in it. It was a hash infused pre-roll. I didn't feel my face for around 7 hours, I was so elevated. It felt like my nose was trying to leave my face! The rest of the trip I was quick to ask what was offered to me - I didn't make the same mistake twice!

It was a great trip and I'd love to go back. MN is gorgeous, the people were nice once you got them talking - they are not overly friendly and don't say hello to strangers everywhere they go, like southerners do. The group invited me back in July for an un-frozen lake trip, but I gotta save my PTO for me and my family. I might go back in a couple of years though, this group does local (to them) trips 2x a year, every year for the past decade!

Anyone else ever been ice fishing? what did you catch?

Stay safe, stay high, friends!

xoxo
GUC

BurnMan

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
Re: Trip to Duluth MN
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2024, 02:46:49 PM »
 :goodpost

Ice fishing is fun. Glad you went!

orthene

• Administrator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
Re: Trip to Duluth MN
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2024, 06:01:40 PM »
I've only tried fishing like 3 times. I once caught a small fish and threw it back. One time I fell asleep in a small boat drinking beer with my line in the water. That's all I got. The falling asleep in a boat thing was very relaxing, though, except for the sunburn part.
Sail and grow
Deep inside
The brave align
Green we stay

-Boss Keloid Lung Valley

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal