Author Topic: Nutmeg  (Read 6525 times)

Syd

• TGL Supporter
  • TGL Shaman
Re: Nutmeg
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2013, 03:23:16 PM »
Nutmeg? Jebus Crust, I tried that shit in college once. ONCE. Got so fucked up I couldn't walk and spent a whole night crawling around my dorm. My legs just stopped working. Then I got the worst hangover I ever had the next day. In comparison, I tried Jimson Weed about 3 times, but nutmeg only once.

R

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2013, 03:53:06 PM »
Datura is bad stuff.  Physiological and psychological poison.  Avoid Jimsonweed!

Syd

• TGL Supporter
  • TGL Shaman
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2013, 04:22:24 PM »
Datura is bad stuff.  Physiological and psychological poison.  Avoid Jimsonweed!

Yeah, it's the one drug I tell people NEVER to fuck with. Almost wound up in a ER the last time (about 1994), never again.

House

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL PhD
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2013, 05:06:51 PM »
Based on reviews I've never tried Jimsonweed, angel trumpet, datura, blah blah.. or high doses of Diphenhydramine or Dramamine.

Not my cup of tea.

I've never gotten terrible delirium from nutmeg or anything, it's always been pretty pleasant.   I'm a big dude though so maybe it's been harder for me to overdo it.

"Yeah, I've seen some weird shit"

House

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL PhD
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2013, 06:17:38 PM »
Your mileage may vary.  Obviously others disagree.

People say the same about DXM.  I read somewhere like 1 in 3 people like DXM.  If I didn't like it, I'd say "Nothing fun at all about this substance for me rather than say at all.

R

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2013, 09:31:43 PM »
Maybe fresh ground nutmeg is better than the powered kind, who knows.  I know House likes it.  Just don't do it too often.

dimebag420

• TGL Veterans
  • TGL PhD
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2013, 08:48:19 PM »
Back in high school i was a frequent nutmeg daytripper. The fresher it is the stronger the effects. Most ppl who try it hate it because for a day u cant get that godawful taste out of your mouth and for me any way the day after i always felt like shit. This is one of those occasional things at best though as ive read the toxicity on your liver is quite bad when metabolized. Awesome trip report House! :getstones
"Fool me one time, shame on you. Fool me two times, cant put tha blame on you. Fool me three times, fuck tha peace signs, load the choppa and let it rain on you"

House

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL PhD
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2013, 05:56:25 PM »
I decided to have another run witn nutmeg, as it's been a fairly long time.  Last time I said I might I couldn't find where I hid it.  lol

I smashed with a hammer (in 2 ziplock bags, wrapped in a towel to absorb some shock so the baggie doesn't rip, Tim-Pro-Tip!) 8 whole nutmegs, according to packaging, weighing in as 28-29 grams of nutmeg.

I think this is a dose I took before, I should really keep a journal of experiences.

So far I definitely feel a little bakey up in the old skull.  Things look slightly different too.  It takes 3-4 good hours to really kick in strong and it builds awhile so I'll try to report back.

As for the claims nutmeg is all negatives and no positives, I think there's plenty of evidence it's worth doing for some people, probably like someone said, people who can put up with the taste for awhile and not cry or be nauseous.

As for where, try looking here at Erowid's vault

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/subs/exp_Nutmeg.shtml

Sure, you'll find a lot of "Meh" reports, and a lot who don't like it, but there's always the "Glowing Experiences" and "Mystical Experiences" categories, of which several reports belong to as well.  I suggest checking those out if you want to see what other people than myself who've liked it say.

I know whole nuts are fresher, maybe more of the actives are preserved in the oil that way, I've heard that.  I dunno if it makes it qualitatively different.

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/subs/exp_Nutmeg_Glowing_Experiences.shtml
http://www.erowid.org/experiences/subs/exp_Nutmeg_Mystical_Experiences.shtml

Those categories on Erowid are nice if you wanna find reports from people who actually got something out of an experience, or really liked it.

House

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL PhD
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2013, 06:35:32 PM »
Man I feel baked lol

IT's a very similar feeling, I feel slow, pressure behind the eyes, they feel like they'd be red, expanding headspace feeling..

Very relaxed and everything seems funnier, music is cool.  Say what you will but I'm a fan.  Every few months I figure it's ok to do.

R

« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2013, 12:36:09 AM »
I think its cool you are having a good time but Im also glad you are limiting your tripping.  Happy trails House!

House

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL PhD
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2016, 04:43:46 AM »
RETURN OF THE NUTMEG:  THE NUTMEGGENING

I am BACK motherfuckers lol and an old dog likes his old tricks.

I would note that most positive experiences with nutmeg I've found were from smashing or grinding the whole nuts yourself.  Preground nutmeg seems to lack the punch.  I never really tried it until maybe a year ago, was my last nutmeg experience.  It just didn't have the ZAZZ.

I think tomorrow since I have off I'm going to relive the experience.  I went and bought some tonight.  I have no other drugs, been dry with weed for like a month, and I'm not going back into RC's or cough syrup like I used to do, but Nutmeg I remember fondly, so I'll see how it hits me this time.  I feel like being baked for a day or 2.

Such is life.

House

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL PhD
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2016, 10:55:29 PM »
I smashed up 10 of those little suckers and I washed down the powder with water. I managed to get it all down into toss and wash type of things. Nasty taste but good results. Starting to feel a bit floaty.

tibeirious

• Starship Admiral
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
  • ex head of security cast a way..and forgotten
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2016, 03:37:34 PM »
nutmeg is a motherfucker...i did not like that..too intense   :trip:

KratomToke

• Administrator
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2016, 03:38:40 PM »
 :goodpost

I thought I had heard of using this before? Thinking about it!

:weedspin :weedspin

ÂçïÐ_Rëƒlü×®

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2016, 03:48:26 PM »
:goodpost

I thought I had heard of using this before? Thinking about it!

:weedspin :weedspin

DON'T

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal