Author Topic: Syrian rue experiments  (Read 1147 times)

House

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL PhD
Syrian rue experiments
« on: June 23, 2013, 11:46:57 PM »
I remember reading as a lad that Syrian Rue and Caapi could be somewhat enjoyable on their own.

I've had a few doses without any psychedelics on top of it, and it makes colors brighter, is somewhat euphoric, and enjoyable..  usually relaxing in some aspects.

I've heard good things about smoking it, so I'm trying an experiment.  I took 5 grams of it, mashed it up with a hammer, soaked it and agitated it in isopropyl alcohol..  I'm evaporating it now, and it's very yellowish brown.

Harmala alkaloids glow under a black light, wish I had one.

I figure scraping up some of this goo and smoking it will be more effective than the seeds, although a freebase for would be more effective.. I don't feel like basifying shit though.

Smoking a bowl of the seeds was harsh but it was about a gram of them, and I did notice effects.

"Yeah, I've seen some weird shit"

R

Re: Syrian rue experiments
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 12:09:41 AM »
Keep in mind the harmala alkaloids are benzodiazepine site inverse agonists and although they are monoamine oxidase inhibitors, because they are apparently monoamine oxidase B inhibitors the old idea of avoiding tyramine-containing foods isn't as critical.  Harmine is a selective and reversible inverse agonist.

These are actively being studied as an antitumor agent.

Let us know how your voyages and experiments with this plant go?

House

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL PhD
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 12:15:44 AM »
I shall, it's nearly evaporated.

I can't find anything conclusive, but part of me wonders if 25i-NBOMe would be good in combo with an MAOI..

The only danger I seem to find is the risk of high blood pressure, not necessarily serotonin syndrome.  It seems like sometimes people do it with phenethylamines and others advise against.

dub

• TGL Master
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 02:06:17 PM »
Syrian Rue contains Harmaine, a MAO inhibitor.

If you take a does of Syrian Rue with psilocybin mushrooms, or DMT, it increases the experience 10-fold. Seriously.

It wil also make an oral dose of DMT active.

Many people who make ayahuasca use Syrian rue instead of Banisteriopsis caapi.

Harmaine is active in itself, it is slightly psychedelic. Doesn't go too far though.

If you do take a dose, please read about MAO inhibitors and make sure you avoid any alcohol, cheese etc.
"Your as mighty as the flower that grows the stones away"

3V1L9371U5

• TGL OverLord
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 03:40:05 PM »
Do not proceed with physical research if the subject is exposed to SSRI antidepressants. 

It can be fatal.  :flippy:

http://askville.amazon.com/mixes-MAOI-medications-SSRI-happen/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=490295

House

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL PhD
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 09:46:03 PM »
The avoiding-tyramine-stuff isn't as necessary as once thought, or as with pharma MAOI's.

I've never gone on a tyramine free diet before using Rue and have always been fine.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal