Author Topic: Betal Nuts Anyone. Cocaine Analogs.  (Read 2176 times)

Galaxy Admin

• Administrator
  • TGL Ethnobotanist
Betal Nuts Anyone. Cocaine Analogs.
« on: January 29, 2014, 09:04:40 PM »
Synthesis of Cocaine analogs from Arecoline

This is one of the most promising area of research on cocaine analogs that I've come across. In the article [1], the authors were attempting to come up with an equivalent of methadone for cocaine addicts. That is, a substance that would have some of the effects of cocaine without all the euphoria (Coke-Lite®, I guess it will be called). The research was based on some work done in 1973 (by Clarke [2]) in which a series of similar compounds was made and found not to cause stimulation in mice (i.e. no fun). However, in this study, the compounds were found to be up to 30 times the potency of cocaine in blocking dopamine transport or binding of cocaine to its receptor. So the results are rather confusing. Possibly the researchers have actually found a lead in their search for coke-adone, or maybe they have found a series of ridiculously easy to synthesize highly potent coke analogs. Either way, interesting work. Currently they are shooting up monkeys to see if they like it or not, but it may be years before they publish their work. Maybe someone out there could help them out. I always say, never send a monkey to do a man's work.

In Clarke's 1973 paper [2], a series of structurally reduced cocaine analogs are synthesized in which 2 carbons and an ester group have been removed from the tropane skeleton, giving 4-phenyl-piperidines with an ester group at the 3-position. The most active compound in their series is about 30 times the potency of cocaine (in blocking dopamine uptake). The synthesis is much easier than any other active cocaine analog, and starts from non-exotic reagents.

The main starting material used by the authors is Arecoline (3,4-unsaturated N-methyl-piperidine-3-carboxylic acid methyl ester), the active principle of the popular red betel nut. Treatment of this alpha,beta-unsaturated ester with the Grignard reagent 4-Chlorophenylmagnesium Bromide gave rise to four products, easily grouped into two racemic forms of each cis- and trans- isomer. The racemic cis-isomer is twice as potent as cocaine, while the racemic trans-isomer is only half as strong.

The authors start with arecoline (the active compound in betel nut: N-methyl-piperidine- 3-carboxylic acid methyl ester with a double bond between the 3 and 4 positions). Reaction of this with a 4-chlorophenylmagnesium bromide grignard reagent gives a mixture of a total of four discrete entities: A cis- and trans-mixture in a 3:1 ratio, each constisting of a of two isomers, each isomer also being racemic, all which the which the authors resolve through fractional crystallization as their dibenzoyl tartaric acids, but this is not strictly necessary since each of the isomers are active. Arecoline Hydrobromide is a fairly cheap commercial starting material, $80/50g from Aldrich. Also, I think that it is used in veterinary medicine.

source http://www.erowid.org/archive/rhodium/chemistry/cocaine.analog.arecoline.html

ok check this out

Arecoline hydrobromide
VETRANALâ„¢, analytical standard
DOWNLOAD MSDS (PDF)
Synonym: 1-Methyl-1,2,5,6-tetrahydro-3-pyridinecarboxylic acid methyl ester hydrobromide, Arecaidine methyl ester hydrobromide, Methyl 1,2,5,6-tetrahydro-1-methyl-3-pyridinecarboxylate hydrobromide, Methyl 1-methyl-1,2,5,6-tetrahydronicotinate hydrobromide

CAS Number 300-08-3  Empirical Formula (Hill Notation) C8H13NO2 · HBr  Molecular Weight 236.11  Beilstein Registry Number 3914826   EC Number 206-087-3   MDL number MFCD00039041  PubChem Substance ID 24869721

http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/product/fluka/31593?lang=en&region=US

:cokesniff
It feels good to be running from the devil
Another breath and I'm up another level
It feels good to be up above the clouds
It feels good for the first time in a long time now

mattynugs

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
Re: Betal Nuts Anyone. Cocaine Analogs.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 09:28:26 PM »
She's alright, she's alright, she's alright cocaine!!

adamjj

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 12:26:01 AM »
cough cough nyone want to try with me? ill buy s g and have vendor split, with something like this if anyone does review its gotta be multipe

adamjj

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 02:35:27 AM »
is that a 100% legitimate link? I have some a-pvp promised to somebody but if someone is interested in some uppers I can take a bit out and pass some off next time I have a shipper, all id ask is some comp for ship charges

3V1L9371U5

• TGL OverLord
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 06:57:33 AM »

Les Stroud is the fucking MAN.  :weinerwiggle:

D3Dman

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • May your pipe always be full.
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 08:32:23 AM »
betel nuts.... zen II?
"You can't buy happiness... but you can buy weed, which is pretty close."

tibeirious

• Starship Admiral
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
  • ex head of security cast a way..and forgotten
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 11:27:22 AM »
Not Zen 2 like..

I bought a bunch of the betel slices from Blondee back in the day, prepped em , chewed em, got a slight hyper happy manic state, kinda like taking too many diet pills. Lol

Zen 2 was like smoking crack back in the old days..I am pretty sure it was straight early synth,
the version you can find now is nothing.

D3Dman

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 11:53:27 AM »

: Blondee

Re: Betel Nut

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 02:28:05 PM »

active in betel nut is arecoline zen II comes from the fronds not the nut arecadaine is the active
arecoline is similar to nicotine actually same chemical family , arecadaine is a mellower version of this compound
arecoline and nicotine being similar of course they say they are cancer causing
but so are many other things IE all the preservitives in our food ? why no reports on there effects on the body?
any way i ramble on
peacec

Found this a little while ago - that's why I was asking. 2009.

spicer

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2014, 12:22:18 PM »
If you guys end up getting some make sure to report the effects, I would be interested to hear how it is

tibeirious

• Starship Admiral
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 02:29:55 PM »

: Blondee

Re: Betel Nut

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 02:28:05 PM »

active in betel nut is arecoline zen II comes from the fronds not the nut arecadaine is the active
arecoline is similar to nicotine actually same chemical family , arecadaine is a mellower version of this compound
arecoline and nicotine being similar of course they say they are cancer causing
but so are many other things IE all the preservitives in our food ? why no reports on there effects on the body?
any way i ramble on
peacec

Found this a little while ago - that's why I was asking. 2009.

I remember that post, someone was threatening Mark with a lawsuit cause their loved one had a Zen2 Freak-out weekend. They were yelling it had illegal drugs in it and she and he were telling everybody that betel stuff. Mostly to cover asses I believe..

I remember that crazy powerful energy explosion that came from Zen2..i stayed up for days and days. Almost KOed me..

I loved B Though. Still do I guess..

But Hell We all knew Original Enigma And original Rush/Zen2 Was Chemmy All Over the place...

Enigma had a 4 Hour Super high with crazy long afterglow comedown...I mean come on.. :horns up

D3Dman

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2014, 04:13:24 PM »
Never tried the Betel Nuts....... Zen II was herbal crack meth, though.

mattynugs

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2014, 12:52:42 PM »
I'd like to test this out

avoca

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Compassion, fuckwads!
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2014, 01:02:52 AM »
Anyone experienced with betel? I've got some in the Shell. Any quick personal suggestions, what to chew with them? I know the standard lime, and have heard baking soda I believe?... Thanks
And if you see your mom this weekend, tell her I said
Satan Satan Satan Satan

tibeirious

• Starship Admiral
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2014, 02:17:30 PM »

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30978

Betel nut are psychoactive, but there's a trick: the nuts need to be chewed with a small amount of agricultural lime. The lime makes the compound active as it does with coca leaves. Mix 1/2 g burnt lime (hydrated calcium oxide) with one Betel Nut, preferably in a semi-powdered form. Lime can be purchased at garden stores, but you want to be sure to use pure lime and not fertilizer. The lime and Betel Nut mix is placed in the side of the mouth for a two hour period, and the saliva is spat out occasionally. It acts as a stimulant, nice though it can jangle your nerves a bit.

Some people chew the nuts without lime simply for the taste. You can buy a variety of flavored betel nuts from online vendors and they are generally quite inexpensive. Betel nuts can also be brewed like coffee, rolled into cigarettes, or mixed with acacia gum, lime, and a dash of nutmeg as a sweet as is done in Malaysia. The leaf is also used as a paper for rolling tobacco and herbs.

Read more: http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30978#ixzz2s6ElR1g3

D3Dman

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2014, 03:50:33 PM »
whatabout cokatea?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal