Author Topic: How to rescue abused cactus  (Read 1439 times)

jbmac

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
  • Don't Date Robots!
How to rescue abused cactus
« on: October 30, 2015, 01:43:57 PM »
My stupid ex wife left my san pedro cactuses in the rain in winter and they did not like it, just got em mailed today. Alive but suffering, I plan to repot them in 10 gallon pots soon in cactus soil, and keep them out of the rain till it warms up, any other suggestions, should I move them inside until spring/summer comes? Thanks

Don't Date Robots! The world is trained to ignore everything unless it comes from the church, their TV, celebrities, or the media.

GrindCandy

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL XxElitexX
Re: How to rescue abused cactus
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 01:55:11 PM »
Only thing to really do is dry em up in warm area with good airflow like a fan.

jbmac

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
  • Don't Date Robots!
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 03:21:34 PM »
thanks
Don't Date Robots! The world is trained to ignore everything unless it comes from the church, their TV, celebrities, or the media.

Uruk-High

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 03:38:45 PM »
San Pedros are pretty damn cold tolerant, and they can handle temps down to about 20 degrees or so. I leave mine out until it gets down into the low 30s, but they do not like constant water and mine are protected against that. I would definitely bring them in and dry them out good like GC recommended, and whether they go back out or not depends on the long term weather patterns where they live.

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2015, 04:45:24 PM »
My stupid ex wife left my san pedro cactuses in the rain in winter and they did not like it, just got em mailed today. Alive but suffering, I plan to repot them in 10 gallon pots soon in cactus soil, and keep them out of the rain till it warms up, any other suggestions, should I move them inside until spring/summer comes? Thanks

Well now I understand why you used to smack her around!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal