Author Topic: Andy Kaufmann Mighty Mouse  (Read 1385 times)

jbmac

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
  • Don't Date Robots!
Andy Kaufmann Mighty Mouse
« on: August 11, 2016, 11:35:56 AM »
Don't Date Robots! The world is trained to ignore everything unless it comes from the church, their TV, celebrities, or the media.

ÂçïÐ_Rëƒlü×®

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
Re: Andy Kaufmann Mighty Mouse
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 12:47:23 PM »
classic  :steamroller

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 02:58:35 PM »
Nothing like a dead comic to cheer me up in the morning!

Akitsu

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2016, 04:36:55 PM »
Would you like a side of Belushi and some Radner with that?  Maybe a Prior flamebe?  Or perhaps my favorite, a Cleavon Little steamer?

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 12:36:34 AM »
Would you like a side of Belushi and some Radner with that?  Maybe a Prior flamebe?  Or perhaps my favorite, a Cleavon Little steamer?

I love when the sheriff holds himself hostage,
   I can imagine the uproar from the BLM if this pic was ever publicly shown again!

Uruk-High

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 04:14:15 PM »

I love when the sheriff holds himself hostage,
   I can imagine the uproar from the BLM if this pic was ever publicly shown again!

Man, can you imagine all of the little snowflakes running to their 'safe spaces' if Blazing Saddles was shown on campus somewhere? What a bunch of pansies we have in this country now... :flamer:

Akitsu

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 09:56:27 PM »
Actually Blazing Saddles is pretty bullet proof.  Black hero, historically accurate cursing, the dialogue for the black characters was written by Brooks and the white characters by Richard Prior, and if someone were to speak ill of it "triggering" them I honestly think they'd get laughed off the internet.

Uruk-High

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2016, 10:25:24 AM »
No need to convince me on Blazing Saddles. It's truly a classic, and I saw it in the theater when it came out. I would still suggest that Americans are becoming even more stupid and less tolerant to, well, just about anything. Example - search for Seinfeld, Chris Rock, etc. stating that they will no longer do college gigs because the little snowflakes are too PC to handle their humor. That just blows my mind. College was a place that fostered a plethora of diverse ideas and intense debates when I went. Now they have friggin safe spaces - disgusting! :snoop:

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2016, 03:55:35 PM »
Actually Blazing Saddles is pretty bullet proof.  Black hero, historically accurate cursing, the dialogue for the black characters was written by Brooks and the white characters by Richard Prior, and if someone were to speak ill of it "triggering" them I honestly think they'd get laughed off the internet.

I have always though Brer Bear, Brer Fox & Brer Rabbit were acceptable too,
but nowadays it doesn't seem to be for everyone

Is that what Uncle Remus said?

JustSayin

• TGL Kratomologist
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • I get knocked down, but I get up again!
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2016, 03:58:40 PM »

I have always though Brer Bear, Brer Fox & Brer Rabbit were acceptable too,
but nowadays it doesn't seem to be for everyone

Is that what Uncle Remus said?

NO I think that was Amos n Andy    ;)
Life is The realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own—an epic story that continues invisibly around you like an anthill sprawling deep underground, with elaborate passageways to thousands of other lives that you’ll never know existed

3V1L9371U5

• TGL OverLord
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2016, 08:06:49 PM »
I think a lot of folks just can't find their laughing place anymore.

Akitsu

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2016, 02:02:24 PM »
Yeah, one of my favorite bits in Let's Go to Prison is when the guy tricks the white supremacist and says, "Don't do it... don't throw me into the briar patch.  If you weren't such a white supremacist asshole you might have read up on your Uncle Remus."

Sadly the last remaining home for Song of the South is Splash Mountain.  "Laughing place?  We'll show YOU a laughing place..."

Uruk-High

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2016, 10:00:17 AM »
No doubt. Song of the South, now that brings back some childhood memories. Yet another victim of the PC Police. It's very reminiscent of what I saw in Germany when I went there many years ago. It tripped me out to go to their museums and see the swastikas erased from just about anything on display - old photos, documents, flags and vehicles. I understand why they went there to some degree, but I've always been a believer in the old adage that those that fail to learn the lessons of the past are doomed to repeat them. Pretending that stuff didn't happen in the past because it is uncomfortable is just plain stupid. Learn from it, and move on.

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2016, 01:55:27 AM »
Actually I bought a couple of Uncle Remus books, one was pretty great, I gave it to my brother for his two mixed kids to read
there never was any wrong in the basic premise of most of the stories, but some people wanted to make the black man out to
be a bad thing, there is a lot of great storytelling that is missed by trying to ignore this piece of the past

Far as I know Uncle Remus never molested one kid either

Akitsu

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2016, 09:50:57 PM »
Song was a victim of those overprotective parents who wanted Mark Twain censored too.  Slavery happened... hiding the positive examples of blacks and whites getting along is not going to change that. 

Vanilla Ice did the best fucking Mark Twain in Ridiculous 6 btw... 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal