Author Topic: Andy Kaufmann Mighty Mouse  (Read 1377 times)

avoca

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Compassion, fuckwads!
Re: Andy Kaufmann Mighty Mouse
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2016, 01:21:18 PM »
You guys, wow, song of the south.... that was a big part of my childhood now disappeared!  Trips me out to think on my little LP I had of the music, I completely absorbed brer rabbit etc., what a trip!  Wiki says it's never been released in its entirety on video in the USA. Ashame, something so integral to our childhoods now gone, forever? ...

Thanks guys nice memories

I think I remember brer bear from Jungle Book? Zip a dee doo dah, I could swear that was in jungle book too... memories
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 01:24:28 PM by avoca »
And if you see your mom this weekend, tell her I said
Satan Satan Satan Satan

Akitsu

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2016, 04:56:51 PM »
What people forget about these so called "racist" cartoons... including Tom & Jerry... was that they cast black actors at a time when Hollywood would rather have a white person in blackface.  Song's animated characters were mostly black actors who were quite happy to bring the book to life.  Looking back people hear their natural accents and assume wrongly it's a white person doing a parody.  Likewise Tom & Jerry was a mostly black cast, but people claimed racism not understand the by were making fun of blackface... which at the time was prevalent in the culture.

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2016, 01:45:39 AM »
People follow stupid trends without ever asking themselves 'why?'
I read last week that a college was paying the people back, who originally funded
the "Confederate Memorial Hall", like 100 years ago, because they don't wanna
call it that, they just want to call it Memorial Hall, so the school has to pay back the
donation money, equivilent to todays rate of inflation, gonna cost like 1.3 million, just so they can quit calling it "Confederate"
You can bet they took that flag down long ago

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal